Morgan Cup - Preparation Thread

Good stuff bullfrog! You are getting the driver dialed in, well done.

Everyone is killing it with all their prep work. My team or not that is great to see. Keep it up!

I hit 3 or 4 shanks tonight. But I putted well. I had one 3 jack but I was so damn far from the hole to begin with that I can't blame that on putting. Finished strong so that was good. All told it was a 41 with 1 birdie, a couple pars and a bunch of bogeys.

Everyone is killing it with all their prep work. My team or not that is great to see. Keep it up!

I hit 3 or 4 shanks tonight. But I putted well. I had one 3 jack but I was so damn far from the hole to begin with that I can't blame that on putting. Finished strong so that was good. All told it was a 41 with 1 birdie, a couple pars and a bunch of bogeys.

41 with 3-4 shanks and a 3 jack is pretty darn good Jake. Sounds like your game is in great shape. Keep it up buddy.

should have a good night in league tonight as i'm back to my normal swing, and we're playing the side i just played Tuesday night. so hopefully without jinxing myself, i normally shoot better on revenge rounds.
also...i should have a new toy to play with tonight......

So jealous that you guys are actually working towards something come this July. I applaud each and every one of you for your game plan and working towards having your best game possible at tournament time. For those of us that didn't get selected it is nice to see that you value your selection on the team. You guys really are part of something special. Keep working hard at it!!

So jealous that you guys are actually working towards something come this July. I applaud each and every one of you for your game plan and working towards having your best game possible at tournament time. For those of us that didn't get selected it is nice to see that you value your selection on the team. You guys really are part of something special. Keep working hard at it!!

Nice post Nate, and we definitely appreciate your support of this event.

Nate speaking as someone who was REALLY lucky to be picked to be a Captain I am truly cherishing my opportunity. After watching the video submissions I can honestly say I will probably never have a chance to compete in this again. I still sit here stunned that I am in this and I'm working very hard on my game so that I'm not completely embarrased come July. I truly appreciate anyone/everyone who takes the time to take part in this.

Nate speaking as someone who was REALLY lucky to be picked to be a Captain I am truly cherishing my opportunity. After watching the video submissions I can honestly say I will probably never have a chance to compete in this again. I still sit here stunned that I am in this and I'm working very hard on my game so that I'm not completely embarrased come July. I truly appreciate anyone/everyone who takes the time to take part in this.

that is very well said CL and I hole heartily agree with you.

Very kind words Nate and I could not agree more - sometimes it is important to stand back and think about just how special this all is.

Upon my return from Florida, we need to hook back up and you can help me continue my MC preparation. Few ideas in mind.

Very kind words Nate and I could not agree more - sometimes it is important to stand back and think about just how special this all is.

Upon my return from Florida, we need to hook back up and you can help me continue my MC preparation. Few ideas in mind.
As long as it doesn't involve the 40 yard chip.............:bashful: But it is getting better.

No matter how much we can "go at it" in the smack talk thread, I like this post Nate. Preparing for the MC sure is fun and it can be something that motivates a guy to truly get better as opposed to just golfing.

I have thoroughly enjoyed being a team member this time around and getting myself ready to be an asset for my squad.

I have been spending a lot of time trying to figure out what ball I want to play in this event. So today I played a ZStar vs. a ZStar XV. I rotate which one I hit of the tee first so that there's no real advantage, then I simply play the ball that's away from the fairway and into the hole. Today, the XV was the better ball and I reckon that's the way I might be leaning.

Have decided that I will have a regular schedule of Tuesday/Saturday range time and Thursday/Sunday course time. Played 9 holes tonight and continued my solid ball striking.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Nate my friend that was a very nice thing to say, believe me, I know how fortunate I am to have been selected to represent this amazing place that we love and to be sponsored by a fantastic company like Callaway Golf! After being lucky enough to have been chosen I figure that I owe it to my teammates, Callaway Golf and everyone else on THP to work as hard as I can to try to put forth the best possible showing in July. I truly feel like I am representing all of you in this event and win, lose or draw, I just want to make sure I play my best and have a great time.

too many bogeys last night and i definitely need to do some more wedge work, and really get a feel for my distances around the green.
the irons are flush right now though, i threw a few darts last night that i was happy with...but choked over 2 easy birdies. but did have some good lags and knocked down a long bender for birdie from the fringe as well...

Rain has finally stopped here. I will hit the range this weekend and play at least 1 of the 2 days. I will have a write up in each thread for the Callaway equipment gamed.

Thanks man. I have been putting some time in to improving, but will be really getting out nearly every single day after these next two weeks. Coaching baseball just takes up so much of my time. As soon as our season ends, all that time goes to my game and the course. The funny thing is, right now, when I play or go to the range, I honestly do feel pressure to get better. I have never felt that in golf before. I have felt it in other sports, but never golf. It will be interesting where that takes me. Right now, I'm putting too much pressure on myself for the time I am putting in. Hopefully I can fix this. Thanks again for the post.

My first swings with my Razr Fit are uploading now. I spent about an hour an a half on the range and at the putting green. Felt really good for the first time in about 3 weeks out there. I hit every iron, my Razr Fit and my Razr Black 3 wood. I'll post my thoughts in the appropriate threads. Overall, very good range session.

Well I went out for 18 holes of prep today....and walked off after 2 holes. I am pushing everything 20 yards right. I've tried shortening my backswing which is what helped me fix the problem.last summer, and it doesn't work. Went to the range for a while and couldn't figure it out. All I hit was hooks and pushes, so I don't know what my problem is. A push usually comes from swinging in to out too much, so when I try to not bring the club back inside I come over the top and slice it. I have no clue where the hook is coming from. This is so frustrating. A week and a half ago I was so happy with how I was playing...

Added to my prep schedule today...I signed up for the match play tournament at the country club. This will be my first tournament at the club and it will be my first match play tournament. Also picked up the sign up sheet for the 3-day city tournament that is played across 3 courses next month, one of them being my home course. Looking forward to getting some match play under my belt, and looking forward to some competitive golf. Talked to the pro today about setting up a lesson to figure out why I'm pushing the ball. Hopefully we can get it fixed in a jiffy so I can get back to focusing on refining instead of fixing.

My last couple rounds including my round this morning did not go well. I am overthinking some adjustments I was trying to make in the swing and need to leave that kind of thinking at the range. When I just concentrated on putting a good swing on the ball the results were fine. I spent some time after my round on the range and was hitting the ball well. Need to slow it down a bit, go through my pre-shot routine and play it one shot at a time.

Just got a call from the pro at my course, got a lesson set up for monday at 2:30. I just need to have someone look at my swing and tell me what I'm doing wrong because I am afraid too many swing thoughts are going through my head and I'm going to get up screwing it up even more. For all I know I am just doing one simple thing wrong and I might be adjusting things that I am already doing right. Hopefully this lesson will shed some light on it. The good news is I am striking the ball really well and making great contact consistently, I just need to figure out what part of my swing is causing me to push it right.

Played 9 holes, shot 44, then worked on short game 50 yards and in for an hour and played 9 more holes and shot 40. Going to spend some time tomorrow working on my putting, I still have too many 3 putts.

Well...another round and another horrible day of golf. I would actually feel good about it if I had a consistent miss, but now I'm all over. Pushing, slicing, hooking, pulling, and straight. Nothing consistent. I've got a lesson tomorrow afternoon that can hopefully shed some light on it. Today my main focus was to make sure I started my downswing with my lower body. I thought that would eliminate the possibility of me coming over the top. My shots got a little better, but thats when I started to see more hooks, and I'm skying the heck out of my 3-wood no matter how I try to swing it. Just last week I was striping it down the middle every time. The most frustrating part about this is that I have been stuck at the same level for almost 2 years now shooting low 80's, with about 6 or 7 rounds in the 70s, and I just can't get lower. I worked hard on my short game over the last year and it has gotten much better, and since then my irons have been rediculously inconsistent, and those used to be spot on. Freddie gave me a tip last fall that I thought corrected the whole thing but now as I try to do it I just push the ball 20 yards right. I'm tired of being stuck in the low 80's, and today I was high 80s because I just can't hit a straight iron shot. Pretty sad that my iron game is the worst it has ever been and I just recently put a fitted set of irons in the bag. Definitely feeling like the Nippon shaft is not for me, and I am looking forward to getting the MC irons within the next few weeks. I felt much more comfortable with the PX shafts. Hopefully I will have good news to report back tomorrow. I am going for 18 after my lesson.

Struggled big time yesterday at my home course. Got into a ton of trouble off the tee and putted as bad as I have ever putted for a horrid 47. I really need baseball to end so I can get to the range and the course everyday to work out some of my issues. When playing well, I can work the ball on command, pretty much in either direction. Right now, I'm standing over the ball hoping it goes somewhat in the direction I want. The range session that I had on Saturday didn't help. On a good note. My RAZR Fit Driver and my RAZR X Black 3 wood felt amazing. I just need more time with them.

It's ok dudes, you'd rather be struggling now than in July.

Back