Morgan Cup - Preparation Thread

Great work today, Hanks, I really like to do this same thing when I am working on the range. Makes each shot more realistic instead of just hitting 20 7 irons in a row.

tomorrow is the first of the tournaments my buddies and I are doing for the season. Since there is cash on the line, that always adds some pressure. Nothing like MC pressure, but it will be good to get in more of a tournament setting. Plan on heading to the course early for a bucket to see if I can work on the driver a little bit. Today just wasn't a great day with it on the course. The course we are playing usually treats me pretty well so I'm hoping for a good round.

My prep today consisted of my stinking up the entire golf course....yep starting on the 8th tee box I proceeded to lay turds all the way to the clubhouse.

Good thing there is always tomorrow.

I think dhjkelly is working on playing golf hungover, so he is currently out taking down some jager bombs and will get up early tomorrow to attempt his hand at Golf.

I think dhjkelly is working on playing golf hungover, so he is currently out taking down some jager bombs and will get up early tomorrow to attempt his hand at Golf.

That is important practice....you know that will come into play during the MC...LOL

usually that's how I prep for the outing

I got 9 in this morning before the rain came. I wish I could have played more holes today as it was the first time this year I felt like I had my whole game working today. I was keeping the ball in play off the tee, hitting my irons consistantly well, and my short game was on. Hopefully I am not peaking to early but it is nice to see the work I have put in starting to pay off.

I got 9 in this morning before the rain came. I wish I could have played more holes today as it was the first time this year I felt like I had my whole game working today. I was keeping the ball in play off the tee, hitting my irons consistantly well, and my short game was on. Hopefully I am not peaking to early but it is nice to see the work I have put in starting to pay off.

Way to go dude, I predict you'll peak in late July at the misfortune of some hackers and those other guys.

Way to go dude, I predict you'll peak in late July at the misfortune of some hackers and those other guys.

I think so to SW. I was just trying to keep the others teams spirits up until then.

I think so to SW. I was just trying to keep the others teams spirits up until then.

Nah, crush em now. Nothing like getting a plane to Myrtle Beach and knowing they are coming home losers, starts the healing process sooner.

Lol I'm scared already.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Played twice this weekend on two courses I have never played before. Long story short, I have some serious work to do in the next two months to get back to where I was last year and need to be again. Lots of range time for me this week and several days on the course.

Played twice this weekend on two courses I have never played before. Long story short, I have some serious work to do in the next two months to get back to where I was last year and need to be again. Lots of range time for me this week and several days on the course.

gh,
Hasnt your index gone from just under 10 to 8.1 though?

I did a little short game work yesterday and then tried to go play. It took Grant and I an hour and a half to play 3 holes. We said, "Screw this," and got a rain check. I went and played some disc golf which really helps me work on course management as the disc golf course I play is much more punishing on bad throws than a real golf course is. It helps me think my way around the course.

Normally would play 9 after work today, but I need a rest. I seemed to be a little short with everything yesterday, but I'm going to attribute that to a week of traveling and a food/drink binge I went on during that time.

I need to loosen up a little and swing free. I feel all bunched up over the ball.

Normally would play 9 after work today, but I need a rest. I seemed to be a little short with everything yesterday, but I'm going to attribute that to a week of traveling and a food/drink binge I went on during that time.

I need to loosen up a little and swing free. I feel all bunched up over the ball.

I find that a rest can work absolute wonders. I like to get out and do/think about something other than golf.

I set up some lessons yesterday with the same pro that helped me last year. Starting tomorrow. Hopefully we can work on the driver and some short game shots.

The course I played yesterday, the greens were very fast and I just wasn't ready for that. 35 putts, ouch!

TNolan has not been playing very good golf as of late...
In an effort to execute a better ball flight, and hit a draw with both driver and irons, I believe a recent swing tweak is the culprit, so I will be going back to my swing that was treating me so well earlier this year.
I will also be hitting the range more often (I hope).

gh,

I have no idea how. It went from 8.5 down to 8.1 but the scores that I have posted so far this year are not good.

gh,

So far this year 18 hole posted rounds are 77 (37 and 40 combined round) 84, 86 and 92 yesterday.

I have seen a problem recently with my wedges. I had lost almost all my spin. You can ask people who played golf with me before I moved to NC about the spin I generated. I played everything to hop and stop, but I had lost that ability to generate spin over the last few months. I could not figure it out until I started going to town on the short game again. I had noticed that I was hooding my wedges on chip shots and that my hips were slightly open and my shoulders were way open. Once I lined everything up, I noticed that my spin came back. Those three changed improved it so much it was amazing.

I also started aiming at the front of the ball instead of the back and I noticed that I am hitting the ball much cleaner this way. I get through it better and it makes that wonderful noise when you catch a wedge clean.

I have spent the better part of the last 4 days getting my company offices moved to a new location. We are almost finished, and it is killing me that I have had zero time to do anything but this especially since the delivery of the fairway woods. Hopefully I can get out to the range tomorrow since we should be done by then.

I have spent the better part of the last 4 days getting my company offices moved to a new location. We are almost finished, and it is killing me that I have had zero time to do anything but this especially since the delivery of the fairway woods. Hopefully I can get out to the range tomorrow since we should be done by then.

Sounds like someone needs to delegate chores to the employees so the boss can play :act-up: Hope you get out there soon man.

As for me, I have a mini-lesson tomorrow and playing a round after. Swing doesn't feel wrong but it doesn't feel right either. Just a little something funny going on with my shoulder turn and it's throwing me off which creates a timing swing vs a fluid swing. Old demons die hard sometimes.

Sounds like someone needs to delegate chores to the employees so the boss can play :act-up: Hope you get out there soon man.

As for me, I have a mini-lesson tomorrow and playing a round after. Swing doesn't feel wrong but it doesn't feel right either. Just a little something funny going on with my shoulder turn and it's throwing me off which creates a timing swing vs a fluid swing. Old demons die hard sometimes.

Just a hectic weekend. I'll get out tomorrow for sure.

I set up some lessons yesterday with the same pro that helped me last year. Starting tomorrow. Hopefully we can work on the driver and some short game shots.

The course I played yesterday, the greens were very fast and I just wasn't ready for that. 35 putts, ouch!

It's ok dude, I had 38 putts last time out. That included 4 3putts.

Back