Movies with short “time” spans?

I believe the WWI movie 1917 is around 2 hours, and is made to look like it was all one single, continuous take. So the movie was 2 hours of real time, so to speak.
Dunkirk is like this also.

The Hangover is a short period also. Maybe 48 hours total.

Airplane! is only a few hours.

Independence Day

How long does breakfast club cover?

Just thought about clerks. That is a single day too because it's supposed to be his day off

Great movies on total opposite ends of the spectrum.
Extraordinary story , what was achieved by the civilians who sailed and the numbers rescued …. Simply amazing

Thoughtfully captured on film and stunning film

How about The Siege with Kevin Spacey and Samuel L Jackson? That’s all in one day I think. Underrated classic as well.

Most of the ones that came to mind have already been posted. "For Love of the Game" is a great pick.

"Falling Down" was just a few hours, wasn't it?

"12 Angry Men" is one afternoon.

I believe the WWI movie 1917 is around 2 hours, and is made to look like it was all one single, continuous take. So the movie was 2 hours of real time, so to speak.
1917 encompasses 24 hours I think.

Surely you can’t be serious.
i am serious leslie nielsen GIF

Taking of pelham 1,2,3

what was the one with the guy in the phone booth and the sniper was going to shoot him if he left?

I came here to post this. Phone Booth is a great answer. Movie is basically real time so it's about 75 minutes of story.

Another one was the terrible 90s movie "Nick Of time" which was similar. I think that had Johnny Depp

"Vantage Point" starring Dennis Quaid and Matthew Fox is maybe the shortest timeline. It's a few different vantage points of like 30 minutes of action

How about The Siege with Kevin Spacey and Samuel L Jackson? That’s all in one day I think. Underrated classic as well.
Don't you mean "The Negotiator"? That is a favorite around here.

1917 encompasses 24 hours I think.
Yeah but it's supposed to be one continuous shot so it would only be however long the movie is right.

Yeah but it's supposed to be one continuous shot so it would only be however long the movie is right.
Tough to fit nightfall into 2 hours:

I have not read ahead, but I'm thinking John Wick - aren't the last 3 movies very tight together?

Die Hard is an evening party, there's another one that I'll think of but I can't remember the title right now.
The first three John Wick movies apparently cover a week and a half period.

Throw the fourth one in and it's about 7 to 8 months.

Back