My GolfTEC "fitting" experience this morning

Yeah, we actually had a Cleveland CG7 there and one other I can't remember, but I never hit them cause the software only allowed 3 clubs info to be input. Seems silly to me.

You could have added another club and just had it stacked in to the equation. Basically you get the measurements from the other club and just compare with a print out.
Just wanted to update everyone as I just got back from my second GolfTEC iron "clubfitting"...

Well, this time around he knew exactly what I was there for. We got started right away. He measured my middle finger, my wrist to that finger and my wrist to floor. Turns out I am standard length, and pretty much standard grip but might benefit from 1 or 2 xtra wraps.

From there I hit some control balls with my 6 iron. However unfortunately my club is not in their database so we had to use one they did have. We used a ping s56 as he said it was similar design. Then he had me hit off the lie board. Turns out I need a 2 degree upright for my current swing. My current clubs are 1 inch long instead of standard and 2 degree upright. He said that is not the correct way to fix the club. Interesting...

Onto the rest of the fitting. The launch monitor wasn't working for about the first 15 mins, then they finally got it set up. I hit 5 good balls with the "control" club. Then the computer spit out a bunch of recommendations based on the numbers.

I thought it was odd that it was recommending clubs I had no interest in whatsoever. I also found it interesting that there was not 1 callaway club listed. After talking about the selections and what I was looking for in the club we ended up with the Mizuno JPX800 Pro, Nike VR Pro Combo and the TaylorMade MC. All with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts. I hit 3 good balls with each club and then it spit out a recommendation.

so the clubs you picked where not on the list that the computer produced? if so what was wrong with the choices presented by the computer?
I was much happier getting more of a fitting and some info this time around. However since the machine wasn't working properly I think we wasted more time with getting it to work than actually trying clubs as I only got to hit 3 different ones. PLUS I was hoping to use the mizuno shaft optimizer and stuff to see how it affected ball flight and such, but he told me that pretty much that a stiff iron shaft is pretty much the way to go. That I wouldn't notice much difference with my current game between different manufacturers. So you still didn't get what you wanted?
I feel like I got a much better place to start now that I have some info/data to look at, but I may end up going someplace else to see if there turns out being different results. Was it worth the $99 bucks. Probably between the 2 times I went.

You could have added another club and just had it stacked in to the equation. Basically you get the measurements from the other club and just compare with a print out.

Thats what I thought, but I think he had another appointment coming in. How long should a clubfitting be anyways? We spent about 1 hour, and 15 mins or so of that was spent messing with the launch monitor.

so the clubs you picked where not on the list that the computer produced? if so what was wrong with the choices presented by the computer?

The TaylorMade was on the list as well as the Mizuno, my pick was the Nike Pro Combos. Some of the clubs it picked though were the Ping K-15's, the Nike slingshots and a few other similiar GI clubs. He even asked the other guy there why it was picking those types of clubs for me...no answer.

Maybe I don't hit the ball as well as I think I do...LOL

jdtox said:
PLUS I was hoping to use the mizuno shaft optimizer and stuff to see how it affected ball flight and such, but he told me that pretty much that a stiff iron shaft is pretty much the way to go. That I wouldn't notice much difference with my current game between different manufacturers.
So you still didn't get what you wanted?

I guess not totally, but maybe you need to know exactly what club you want before you get to use that? I dunno, it seems to me that they have all those fitting carts there, why the heck don't they use them?

:shock:

I have so many things I'd like to say right now, however, as their banner hangs on the top of this page, I'm going to refrain as to not jeopardize the THP / GolfTec relationship.

Go get your money back.

That is all.

Back