MyStrategy at Hidden Creek

Hole 9

Interesting hole here. I moved the tee box up one and we see that brings the end of the first fairway into play. I play at 1000 ft of elevation so maybe driver is still the play. Will see what the day presents here.

1711727429905.png

Hole 9

Interesting hole here. I moved the tee box up one and we see that brings the end of the first fairway into play. I play at 1000 ft of elevation so maybe driver is still the play. Will see what the day presents here.

View attachment 9252440
I’ve delayed my next holes as I seen huge gaps and poor tendencies so I’ve used this feature to help shape my bag :ROFLMAO:

Hole 10

From the website...

Some will say the front nine and the back nine are two different courses! The front nine gave a chance to recover any errant shots, but the back nine will not be as favorable! The tenth hole is a tough start: Your drives need to be long enough to reach the top of the hill, for serious roll once on the ground. Drives that don’t reach the bottom of the hill can leave you with a side-hill shot with about 200 yards left to the green. A very expansive green, sloping front to back provides a challenge!

Interesting hole. There is no doubt I will take my driver and I need to end up on the right side of FW. My aim point will totally depend on how the driver is behaving that day. Long par 4 so par is always a good score for me.

1711982847841.png

Hole 12. Skipped hole 11 as it is a short par 3. Club selection will be based on the wind that day so either a full GW or flighted PW.

The par 4 twelfth is the hardest hole at Hidden Creek, and accuracy and precision are a must! The fairway bunkers left force you to aim right, but any shots that leak right will land you in the pines. Greenside bunkers are plenty on this hole, and in case you haven’t had enough fun on this hole, the green provides a stern test.

I guess aim at the bunker for my shot dispersion. The shot into the green doesn't look all that fun as those bunkers are going to be in play. Hardest hole seems about right. Long par 4.

1712086523876.png

1712086581241.png

Hole 13

The par 4 thirteenth offers a risk/reward. Taking out driver is a risk, but may reward you with a short iron. The conservative approach will avoid the many fairway bunkers looming. A narrow green with greenside bunkers provides a stern test of accuracy to make par.

This hole is interesting as my driver may get me in trouble with the bunkers. My 3w doesn't have enough data to show me what I would look like off the tee so I went with 5w. A little safer but again until you see the hole and how you are playing that day I can't make a final judgement.

1712329348117.png
1712329182200.png
1712329221669.png

Yeah driver may be pushing my luck on 13 also. Unless I can thread that needle right of them with the rollout. Certainly won't fly it in them

Hole 12. Skipped hole 11 as it is a short par 3. Club selection will be based on the wind that day so either a full GW or flighted PW.

The par 4 twelfth is the hardest hole at Hidden Creek, and accuracy and precision are a must! The fairway bunkers left force you to aim right, but any shots that leak right will land you in the pines. Greenside bunkers are plenty on this hole, and in case you haven’t had enough fun on this hole, the green provides a stern test.

I guess aim at the bunker for my shot dispersion. The shot into the green doesn't look all that fun as those bunkers are going to be in play. Hardest hole seems about right. Long par 4.

View attachment 9253503

View attachment 9253504
This one looks tough for me
1712580051947.png

Hole 13

The par 4 thirteenth offers a risk/reward. Taking out driver is a risk, but may reward you with a short iron. The conservative approach will avoid the many fairway bunkers looming. A narrow green with greenside bunkers provides a stern test of accuracy to make par.

This hole is interesting as my driver may get me in trouble with the bunkers. My 3w doesn't have enough data to show me what I would look like off the tee so I went with 5w. A little safer but again until you see the hole and how you are playing that day I can't make a final judgement.

View attachment 9254447
View attachment 9254442
View attachment 9254444

Full send for me I think as the fairway sets up pretty well for my shot shape.

1712580128014.png

Hole 14

The last par 3 provides one long test with a back pin placement, and a solid strike is needed to make it to the green. This hole stretches from 245 yards from the Championship Tee to 150 yards from the forward tees. Room does exist to bail out left, but another expansive green complex can lead to very long putts!​

Front pin is 7i
1712620574168.png

And quite honestly the 6i gives me no good feelings.
1712620806009.png

Last edited:
Hole 13

The last par 3 provides one long test with a back pin placement, and a solid strike is needed to make it to the green. This hole stretches from 245 yards from the Championship Tee to 150 yards from the forward tees. Room does exist to bail out left, but another expansive green complex can lead to very long putts!​

Front pin is 7i
View attachment 9255474

And quite honestly the 6i gives me no good feelings.
View attachment 9255475
Gentleman’s agreement for the forward tees ?

Hole 15

Perhaps the easily most photographed hole late in the evening, this only true dogleg par 4 provides many options off the tee. The safe approach is a fairway wood off the tee, but leaves a daunting shot up the hill to an elevated green. For those looking to take some yardage off the hole, a nice draw around the tree line can set you up for a significantly shorter shot up the hill. Anything other than a slight draw will leave players to punch out of the trees.​

Interesting hole and one that looks like I will not be hitting driver. The risk seems too high to magically pull a draw out of the hat. My fairway woods also bring the far bunker into play if I catch it. My reliable 4i is the play for this exercise and leaves an long up hill approach.

1712889309192.png

Clearly need to practice a draw with my 3W

Hole 16

Perhaps the narrowest drives on the golf course! This par 4 provides a long test that requires two solid shots to get to the green. No place to hide on this hole, where any drive not struck accurately leaves little chance for making par. The green complex provides many options for hole location, but it won’t matter if you’re not accurate!​

It looks like moving up a tee box will tempt running through the fairway with a well struck drive. Accuracy is the name of the game here and reality is that I use my driver more when I need to be in the fairway. I only have 1 round with the AI Smoke so we will see how the data looks after I get a few more rounds in the coming weeks.

1713188187052.png

Hole 16

Perhaps the narrowest drives on the golf course! This par 4 provides a long test that requires two solid shots to get to the green. No place to hide on this hole, where any drive not struck accurately leaves little chance for making par. The green complex provides many options for hole location, but it won’t matter if you’re not accurate!​

It looks like moving up a tee box will tempt running through the fairway with a well struck drive. Accuracy is the name of the game here and reality is that I use my driver more when I need to be in the fairway. I only have 1 round with the AI Smoke so we will see how the data looks after I get a few more rounds in the coming weeks.

View attachment 9257395
This hole looks…. not easy. I’ll be excited and/or scared to see how my dispersion overlays

Hole 16

View attachment 9257395
Long enough to think about driver, but narrow enough to make the knees shake. I think I would pull 3w or 2i instead and accept that I will have a long iron in.

1713191253845.png 1713191300279.png

I'd be hitting a 6i, more likely a 5i in, or a 4i, maybe 2i. Not likely to hit the green in 2, so staying in play off the tee is more important to me.

I expect you to get that driver in order before we arrive

I expect you to get that driver in order before we arrive
It is a shorter list than what you need to clean up for sure. :ROFLMAO:

#golfyearround

Hole 16

View attachment 9257395
My 4i would leave me a little too far back for my liking. In my mind I would play my 5w but the data doesn't show that to be a good idea. I swear I hit is well but dispersion is wide.

Hole 17

What might be the most stunning view off the tee, the seventeenth is the last par 5 that weaves back up the hill. Several fairway bunkers line both sides of the hole. Any misses left are still playable, but shorter is better on the approach.

Look I can do this from my phone too. Shorter par 5 that looks like we can attack. Looks like all systems go on this hole but I could be wrong.

1000013550.jpg

Looks gettable. Bombs away!

Hole 16

View attachment 9257395
bombs away

1713380549734.png

Back