NC Round - Pinehurst Area - September 7, 2013

dhill

Reaction score
Handicap
Okay guys. I'm starting a thread of its own now that we have a date, that's not as generic as the pinehurst summer outing. Hoping that all the NC guys see it.
Pinehurst is within 2 hours for everyone except our Western part of the state.

Current Plans are to play a Donald Ross Classic - Southern Pines (http://southernpinesgc.com/)

souther%20pineslogo-M.png
Southern%20Pines%20Scorecard-S.jpg

About the Course: Legendary golf course architect Donald Ross carved 18 of perhaps the most rewarding golf holes in the Sandhills region. A true shotmaker’s golf course, Ross gives players options.
At 6300 yards, Southern Pines does not measure up to today’s length of courses, but it makes up for it through a variety of shots from the tee and even more challenges into the greens. The result continues to prove the course’s notoriety as the most entertaining 18 holes of golf in the area. A throwback to days gone by, where bump and run shots were the norm and tee shots demanded precision over length. One trip around this Ross gem will leave you wanting more, not just at that moment, but rather each every time you tee it up.

Planning on Attending: (we will start confirming guys the last week of August to get enough times for everyone.
Dhill + 1- CONFIRMED
Jlit26 + 2- CONFIRMED
MightlyQuinn +1- CONFIRMED
ChunkyLover77 (possibly +2) - CONFIRMED
Yorkem
Smithfaced - CONFIRMED

Lighteningbolt44- CONFIRMED
Bullit5339 +1 - CONFIRMED
GillPier - CONFIRMED
kdjmu1 - CONFIRMED

I'll update the first post with those attending.

From a post in the thread with details:
Alright fellas. We have 5 groups starting at 11:51. (it was either that or 9:18 and I didn't think that was fair to our guys from Charlotte and VA)

As posted earlier they postponed their aerification so the greens should be in pristine condition.

Our rate will be $45. A sweet discount for sure!

I'll work on some groupings soon. If anything changes in your availability to come please let me know here or via PM.

Last edited:
I'm still invited? Thanks dude!

Good idea dhill. That's a solid list right there! Add in a couple confirmed potential "yet to realize how awesome this place is" THPers and this is setting up for a nice turnout.

I must admit, I can't wait to play this course!

Subscribed for any updates. I'm looking forward to this one.

Man I would not want to ride with Chunkys kid. He does awful things on the folf course...

I am going to have to go out there and get a round or two in before this just so I know how the course is playing!

On the horizon. Can't wait to tee it up with some of you again.

Surely there are some others wanting to join. I think I have 2 guys coming, I'm sure they will be THPers after this.

Just a bump for any others interested. I've got two non-THPers coming along, this is setting up for a solid turnout. I think next Monday would be good to call for a rate and times. Looking like we may be about 4 groups strong.

Just a bump for any others interested. I've got two non-THPers coming along, this is setting up for a solid turnout. I think next Monday would be good to call for a rate and times. Looking like we may be about 4 groups strong.

Excellent. I have at least 2 "future"
THPers coming.

For anyone looking for a meal and a few 19th hole beverages after the round, one of the guys joining us owns a bar in the area.

I may be interested. Need to check with a buddy to see if he's interested in coming along and ask my social planner (the wife) if we have anything that weekend. Can you PM me any pertinent details not found in the previous posts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I will be bringing a guest as well.

I too will be planning on bringing a buddy along who has signed up here but hasn't posted yet I don't think and I will see if I can get my other buddy to go to!! Jeremy(Jlit) what bar is it that your buddy owns? I have eaten at Hickory Tavern which isn't too far from the course and they have great food a large beer selection and TV's everywhere kind of like TacoMac.

I may be interested. Need to check with a buddy to see if he's interested in coming along and ask my social planner (the wife) if we have anything that weekend. Can you PM me any pertinent details not found in the previous posts?now Free

Glad to hear you may be able to make it. The only thing not covered in the thread above is time, and we've decided something mid-morning works best. Once confirmed, we hope to get times in the 10-11a range.

I too will be planning on bringing a buddy along who has signed up here but hasn't posted yet I don't think and I will see if I can get my other buddy to go to!! Jeremy(Jlit) what bar is it that your buddy owns? I have eaten at Hickory Tavern which isn't too far from the course and they have great food a large beer selection and TV's everywhere kind of like TacoMac.

His bar is about 15 minutes east of the course I've found out. Lake house bar and grill.

Thanks. Waiting on my buddy's response now. Mid morning is perfect. That's about a 3 hour drive for me so anything earlier would prove to be a long day.

Glad to hear you may be able to make it. The only thing not covered in the thread above is time, and we've decided something mid-morning works best. Once confirmed, we hope to get times in the 10-11a range.

His bar is about 15 minutes east of the course I've found out. Lake house bar and grill.

NC Round - Pinehurst Area - September 7, 2013

And by east, I mean west.

I will be bringing a guest as well.

Fantastic!

Great News!

I may be interested. Need to check with a buddy to see if he's interested in coming along and ask my social planner (the wife) if we have anything that weekend. Can you PM me any pertinent details not found in the previous posts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

It'd be great to meet you in Pinehurst! Let us know when you can. Hope you can make it

Man, this is quickly growing into a pretty nice size group. If we can get 17-18 people in this, that would set a pretty good precedence to have a THP Invitational in the area in 2014.

I just looked it up, it is out by Seven Lakes off of 211. Seven Lakes in a very nice course too as well as Beacon Ridge which is across the street from it!

Man, this is quickly growing into a pretty nice size group. If we can get 17-18 people in this, that would set a pretty good precedence to have a THP Invitational in the area in 2014.

I like the way you think Rich!!!!!

Back