New 2022 UST Mamiya Helium Shafts

Lions81

Reaction score
Handicap
Interesting news here.......I know a lot of us have really enjoyed the Helium. Excited to hear all about this one soon.

Moved to it's own thread.
Looking forward to testing this one out.

Assuming it will still be a high launching shaft but I did enjoy messing around with the light weight a couple years ago

Such a great shaft and can't wait to hear how they have improved it. Any chance its an option for the guys in Rivalry?

Really interested in what’s new with HElium. I still have one of the blue protos from 4-5 years ago and the HElium is always in rotation 🤩

UST has provided some additional info on their site today

I like what I'm reading....

A lightweight CB shaft that can get me a lower ball flight…✔️✔️ ✔️✔️✔️!

A lightweight CB shaft that can get me a lower ball flight…✔✔ ✔✔✔!

Lightweight yes, but generally promotes a higher ball flight..

Updated with specs now. Release in February.

Some interesting things on there. No F5 flex offered (at least listed), and a little lighter in the F4 at 56G and a little higher torque compared to last model.

This shaft intrigues me as I got along very well with the first release.

This shaft intrigues me as I got along very well with the first release.
Same here. I’ve gamed it off and on ever since Danny hooked me up.

Bringing a little bit of the Blue back?? I like it

Hello @JB Where can I find the thread on this shaft? Cant seem to locate it. Hope its a smoooottthhh feeling shaft for a new Cobra driver...
Thank you

Hello @JB Where can I find the thread on this shaft? Cant seem to locate it. Hope its a smoooottthhh feeling shaft for a new Cobra driver...
Thank you
This is the thread.

Ah ok! Thank you.

Has anyone tried this yet? I see its a standard shaft for the new Cobra LTDx drivers.
Cobra doesnt have many options in R flex so was inquiring on this shaft.

This just arrived today! Really excited to plug it into my B21 and try it out! I’ve been using the stock RCH 55g Stiff shaft for a while now with good success. It will be a great comparison to this new Helium Nanocore shaft.
A0FFA6EB-7352-4906-AD50-896A86C4603B.jpeg

I have a helium for sale in the marketplace if anyone interested.

Got the new shaft installed today! I like the way it feels when I swing it. The counterbalancing makes it feel like I can swing a lot faster.
26901131-7682-4536-BDE2-9E044EB76A8E.jpeg

Got to try out the new driver shaft at the range. It’s nice! It’s like a more premium version of the RCH shaft. Feels super stable. I knew where the club head was at all times. Consistently hit high draws. I’ve had my B21 driver in the -1/D setting since I got it. I moved it up the -1/N setting and the driver really woke up. Ball flight lowered a bit, seemed more penetrating that ballooning, and super straight. The counterbalance really helped me to keep a smoother shorter swing but felt faster at impact. This is a really good combination! Thank you so much UST Mamiya, @DannyLe , and THP!

Really got into a good rhythm today using this shaft. It’s actually super stable and holds up well to my aggressive swing. I really stepped on a couple of these swings and it performed well. I would call the launch mid-high. Seems to have way more energy into the golf ball then the stock RCH shaft could deliver. Don’t overlook this shaft even if it doesn’t “fit” your needs. You might be surprised. I am!

I hit driver only 6 times today. But, they were really good. 4 in the fairway and the other 2 weren’t in terrible shape. Helium shaft is a great pairing with the B21 driver. Definitely less prone to turning over and going left like the RCH shaft would. I am still shocked by how well it holds up to my swing. @DannyLe knows what he is doing.

Round 2 in the books with the Helium in the bag. Fought a 2 way miss all day, throughout the bag. Probably only had 4-5 drives that I would consider good, but man did they all fly. Just gotta get the consistency back in my swing. Highlight of the day was a 316 par 4 with a little helping wind. Teed it up a little extra and just launched one just off of the green to the right, past flag high!

Excited to see how it continues to work for me as the Rivalry approaches.

I have a helium shaft on the way. Look forward to trying it in my Speedzone soon.

I hit driver only 6 times today. But, they were really good. 4 in the fairway and the other 2 weren’t in terrible shape. Helium shaft is a great pairing with the B21 driver. Definitely less prone to turning over and going left like the RCH shaft would. I am still shocked by how well it holds up to my swing. @DannyLe knows what he is doing.
Love hearing this.
You playing good golf is what you have worked hard to do. Finding some equipment that helps is awesome.

Back