New England Members

Played the back 9 at North Kingstown today. Because it NK is one of the few courses in the area which is open, it was packed. Didn't really keep score (and hit a few sloppy short iron and wedge shots) but did par the 18th (a 150 yard par 3). All greens are open, but about half the tees are temporary.

I played the temps today at my place. It was good to get out and walk around. The ground was pretty firm but it should be softer tomorrow.

In RI I am sure Montaup is open they seem to never close.

55 degrees today in CT. Have a 1:09 tee time at a public course not far from me.

I got my final round in today. It was 55* and beautiful. The course was a bit damp in places but playing on December 30 was awesome.

I got my final round in today. It was 55* and beautiful. The course was a bit damp in places but playing on December 30 was awesome.

Hoping it wasn't my final round today but it was beautiful. 55 sunny. 9 holes. Shot at 38. PITA trying to get the tees in the frozen tee boxes though :LOL:

Hoping it wasn't my final round today but it was beautiful. 55 sunny. 9 holes. Shot at 38. PITA trying to get the tees in the frozen tee boxes though :LOL:

We had an issue on one or two tee boxes but in general it wasn’t a problem.

We had an issue on one or two tee boxes but in general it wasn’t a problem.

It was all but two of them for us. Small price to pay for playing winter golf in CT.

Played Cranston CC yesterday. It was in great shape for this time of year.

Everything in my area is closed now, so it might be a trip to MA to get a round in.
What is open in the seacoast area of NH and MA ?

Anyone a member at Wedgewood Pines? I've been thinking about joining a private club for a few years and my wife and I decided to give it a go. Officially paid my dues this morning. Looking forward to meeting other members and getting out of this winter funk.

My buddies have been playing nonstop all winter here in Hamden CT at Laurel View CC.
I would be with them but still rehabbing rotator cuff repair. Won’t be long though, I am six months out and starting to play with an abbreviated swing for now.

Anyone a member at Wedgewood Pines? I've been thinking about joining a private club for a few years and my wife and I decided to give it a go. Officially paid my dues this morning. Looking forward to meeting other members and getting out of this winter funk.
Congrats on joining a new club!

FYI, Green Meadow in Hudson NH, officially closed for good and wont open this year. ☹️😞😢

1679265542661.png

Maine courses won't be open for a little longer............I'm hoping mid April

My buddies have been playing nonstop all winter here in Hamden CT at Laurel View CC.
I would be with them but still rehabbing rotator cuff repair. Won’t be long though, I am six months out and starting to play with an abbreviated swing for now.
Good luck with the rehab. Played LV for the first time in years back in the fall. They have done quite a bit of work there.

FYI, Green Meadow in Hudson NH, officially closed for good and wont open this year. ☹😞😢

View attachment 9165503
😞😞😞😞 That sucks big time. I haven’t played there in a while and it seems the last couple years everyone was wondering if the Amazon deal would hopefully fall through. Losing 36 holes just plain sucks ( as Rusty from Christmas Vacation would say). It was cool having 2 different layouts. And now that really screws up getting on any other courses. Their leagues have been trying to get on our place 🙄

😞😞😞😞 That sucks big time. I haven’t played there in a while and it seems the last couple years everyone was wondering if the Amazon deal would hopefully fall through. Losing 36 holes just plain sucks ( as Rusty from Christmas Vacation would say). It was cool having 2 different layouts. And now that really screws up getting on any other courses. Their leagues have been trying to get on our place 🙄
Yes. And several other courses in area have also closed within the last couple years. Another was also sold and another 36 hole is down sizing to 18 I believe. Its not looking good for tee times at all.

FYI, Green Meadow in Hudson NH, officially closed for good and wont open this year. ☹😞😢

View attachment 9165503
Really sucks, the North Course at GM, Prairie before now, was the first course I played back when I was 12. I was thinking last night that I probably had 10 rounds there last year. The highlight being a Father's Day round with my two adult sons. I was so happy I bought the beer after.

I wonder what is going in there. I did some searching on the www but found nothing.

Really sucks, the North Course at GM, Prairie before now, was the first course I played back when I was 12. I was thinking last night that I probably had 10 rounds there last year. The highlight being a Father's Day round with my two adult sons. I was so happy I bought the beer after.

I wonder what is going in there. I did some searching on the www but found nothing.

its an industrial park for shipping and fulfillment. Orginally Amazon. They backed out and Target is the new main Tenant. It sucks. But the range and gold store stays as its a different owner and property.

Playing 18 at North Kingstown tomorrow morning.

I played Allendale in Dartmouth on Friday. It was a little wet but overall very solid for the time of year. The greens actually rolled pretty well. It looks like rain for next Friday and we have some company coming so I may not be able to get out.

I played Allendale in Dartmouth on Friday. It was a little wet but overall very solid for the time of year. The greens actually rolled pretty well. It looks like rain for next Friday and we have some company coming so I may not be able to get out.
I just played the front nine there last week. It was in surprisingly good shape. Especially at their off season rates.

I just played the front nine there last week. It was in surprisingly good shape. Especially at their off season rates.

I think it was $33 or $35 to walk which I felt was more than fair. Overall I think it is a fun golf course also.

Back