New England Members

I played Allendale in Dartmouth on Friday. It was a little wet but overall very solid for the time of year. The greens actually rolled pretty well. It looks like rain for next Friday and we have some company coming so I may not be able to get out.
I just played the front nine there last week. It was in surprisingly good shape. Especially at their off season rates.

I was there last week to drop off checks for our upcoming scholarship fundraiser there, everything already looked to be in great shape.

I was there last week to drop off checks for our upcoming scholarship fundraiser there, everything already looked to be in great shape.
They only had one set of tee boxes open. Really smart because they were in great shape.
is this the music fundraiser from last year?

They only had one set of tee boxes open. Really smart because they were in great shape.
is this the music fundraiser from last year?

Yup, same one. It's our 3rd year working with Allendale, they've been fantastic. Their new pro was formerly at the Back 9 club for a long time, and he's doing a lot to help the club out.

Acushnet River Valley: as many of you south coasters are aware, the conditions at arv are pretty darn good. Yesterday was no exception. The greens in particular where excellent, receptive from the recent rain, rolling true and at a working speed (slow sucks imo). HOWEVER, as you are also aware, they overbook, all the time, and the rounds are so ssllooww. I liken playing there to what i do when I have a pain/injury and keep touching it to see if it still hurts, Ouch, yep still hurts! I think I have my fill of that place for a while....or until I want to test my pain threshold, lol

Acushnet River Valley: as many of you south coasters are aware, the conditions at arv are pretty darn good. Yesterday was no exception. The greens in particular where excellent, receptive from the recent rain, rolling true and at a working speed (slow sucks imo). HOWEVER, as you are also aware, they overbook, all the time, and the rounds are so ssllooww. I liken playing there to what i do when I have a pain/injury and keep touching it to see if it still hurts, Ouch, yep still hurts! I think I have my fill of that place for a while....or until I want to test my pain threshold, lol

My experience there was if you tee off after 8:30 it is a slow round. I do like the course though.

Heading up to Red Tail @Devens with @snafu & @NotNowRightNow today. :ROFLMAO:
Never played this course but have heard it is pretty nice but can be tough.

Good layout and you're going at the right time. Too much $$ on the weekends. :oops:

EDIT - couple of my friends played Friday and said it was $45 with cart? That's a heck of a deal for that course, guess the rate is gone as April is over though. :(

Last edited:
Love that place, last time I played there it was after the ownership change and the conditions weren't as good as they had been in years previous. I'd be interested in how you liked it and what shape the course was in.

Played George Wright for the first time ever. It is always listed as the best muni in MA by the golf mags so my curiosity got the best of me. Interesting layout which I liked. Pace of play was awesome, sub 4 hour round. Conditions were OK, greens were slow and were still recovering from aeration, fairways were in good shape and some bunkers had no rakes. Super pain in rear end to get to for me. Although I enjoyed it I won't be in a rush to return.

hope you all had a great round!
Ty my friend. We had a good day. I really liked Red Tail and I would play it again for $68 but not for $100+.
I couldn't get a putt over 10' to drop all day but really like the MASSIVE greens and def think its a good test but not overly difficult.

Looking forward to playing a round with you this year!

Ty my friend. We had a good day. I really liked Red Tail and I would play it again for $68 but not for $100+.
I couldn't get a putt over 10' to drop all day but really like the MASSIVE greens and def think its a good test but not overly difficult.

Looking forward to playing a round with you this year!
definitely I have only been out once and it was not great but we will get out multiple times. Let me know next time you got 3

definitely I have only been out once and it was not great but we will get out multiple times. Let me know next time you got 3
@rlefig I play every week with 2 or 3 So we can always fit you in my friend!! Usually on Tues or Wed.

That is a bummer about Green Meadow GC. NH could use more courses, not less!

That is a bummer about Green Meadow GC. NH could use more courses, not less!
totally stinks, The course was in good shape, rates were good and you could get tee times.

I have 5 extra Dead and Company tickets for Fenway June 24th. In grandstand $150/each. Same Price I paid for them.

Let me know if interested

E83CE779-6B09-47AC-A867-4BC51CF6DDC7.jpeg4F660F70-A863-4657-9AF2-B3B14A331E1C.jpeg9AC841D0-5A3C-4433-9D7E-FE71EC476EA9.jpeg

It’s been a hell of a 2023 season.

Those are some great pictures. Can't wait to get out golfing again once I get off these crutches

I have 5 extra Dead and Company tickets for Fenway June 24th. In grandstand $150/each. Same Price I paid for them.

Let me know if interested
@rlefig Are you going?
If I wasn't going to Darius Rucker/Kane Brown the night before I might join you my friend.

Hey all,

Will be heading up to Plymouth at the end of the month (July 29-Aug 4). Usually play a few rounds with my father-in-law but he won't be able to play this year. Anyone up for a few rounds? Not opposed to traveling, but I'll be staying about 10 minutes from Pinehills. Not opposed to traveling, but also know there's a lot of courses in the area. Would love to get out for a round or two!

Hey all,

Will be heading up to Plymouth at the end of the month (July 29-Aug 4). Usually play a few rounds with my father-in-law but he won't be able to play this year. Anyone up for a few rounds? Not opposed to traveling, but I'll be staying about 10 minutes from Pinehills. Not opposed to traveling, but also know there's a lot of courses in the area. Would love to get out for a round or two!

I assume you have played both courses at the Pinehills? If not, go......mid week worth every penny

Sorry to hear about Green Meadow. When I lived in Mass, we would often play there. I loved the 9th hole that was over water from the tee. You could hit anything from Pitching wedge to driver to get over the water.

Will wearing a personal floatation device interfere with the golf swing? (asking for a friend).........

Will it ever STOP RAINING!!!!!

Back