New Game Golf system

Very quick response from the CEO:

thumbnail.png
John McGuire said 1 minute
It will $50 — Retail is $249 which includes a 12 Month subscription — then after 12 months — $50 annual — Thank you for supporting us

thumbnail.png
Erik Dokken said 4 minutes(private)
This seems very cool. Any idea what the yearly subscription price will be?

Wow, awesome. You should introduce him to our THP Testing Forums haha.

This is incredible. I would absolutely be interested in this device - but as previously mentioned I would like to see a review.... I am always reluctant to try out any cutting edge technology right when released - always feel it's better to wait for most of the bugs to be worked through by the second edition.

But seems awesome.

I'm interested in how it's going to track a birds-eye view of your shot, and also keep track of things like number of fairways and greens hit. I understand it probably has a gps built it for the birds-eye, but the GIR is probably not going to be accurate. If it goes off use of the putter, what about the chutters or hitting it from the fringe. Gonna have to wait and see on this one.

Very interesting, I may not want to wear the thing on my hip though.

At $149 I was interested. At $250 and a $50 annual subscription I am not.

At $149 I was interested. At $250 and a $50 annual subscription I am not.
I concur. A device that purely tracks stats is hard to pay anything in excess of $200. Too expensive for my tastes. Very cool gizmo though. They probably spent a decent amount to start up and thus the price.

If I buy now $200 will be the cost for 2 years of use. Just playing golf and not having to keep track of my stats may be worth the price.... if only I could golf year round.

Apparently the $149 price includes the first year subscription if you're one of the first 300 buyers. I'm not sure I'm ready to be one of them though.

Re: the annual fees, here's what someone posted in the comments on the website:

"Subscription is free for first year and projected to be $50 per year or $4.95/month after the first year for premium service. There’ll also always be a free subscription service which maintains and presents your personal games and stats."

Based on this, if you're just keeping your own stats then you don't need a subscription. The subscription seems to be the part where you can connect and share your stats with others through their website.

Perhaps someone from THP could contact them about getting a forum tester or two?

Ken

The only real hindrance for me to purchase is the annual cost.

I was really surprised to see Westwood and McDowell in the video.

The only real hindrance for me to purchase is the annual cost.

I was really surprised to see Westwood and McDowell in the video.

I'd prefer it to be a monthly fee rather than yearly fee. Maybe I'm weird. I'll probably decide to pull the trigger once all 300 are gone, kind of like I did with the new THP shirts that I just missed out on haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

If you didn't need the sub to keep your own stats I might actually be back in. Need a review for sure, I'd jump in on the kick starter at that point

Hey everyone,

The team from GAME GOLF here. Thanks for your kind words and we want to answer your questions as you guys are crucial for us in these early stages.

Some of you have been asking about subscription price - All devices have a yearly subscription built in, but beyond that it will be $4.95 a month/$50 a year.

The device is ready to go as Graeme and Lee have actually used this on the PGA tour already, so it works exactly like it says on the tin - as they say.

If you have any further questions, we are here to answer them. Thanks for your support!

Hey everyone,

The team from GAME GOLF here. Thanks for your kind words and we want to answer your questions as you guys are crucial for us in these early stages.

Some of you have been asking about subscription price - All devices have a yearly subscription built in, but beyond that it will be $4.95 a month/$50 a year.

The device is ready to go as Graeme and Lee have actually used this on the PGA tour already, so it works exactly like it says on the tin - as they say.

If you have any further questions, we are here to answer them. Thanks for your support!

You should really contact JB and GolferGal about a testing opportunity. It would be amazing to get this device into the hands of THPers for some real testing and feedback. If you are confident that your product works, it would essentially be free marketing!

Hey everyone,

Are you able to track your stats w/o the subscription?

Hey everyone,

Thank you for coming and posting info for us. You will get great feedback from these guys.

Subs = a no for me. But the product does look like a great idea. Good luck and welcome to THP

Hey everyone,

Thanks for joining the thread. I have two questions:

1) Can you please clarify what the difference in user experience would be in using your product would be between a subscriber and a non-subscriber?

2) How many of the club tags do you plan to include? If it's fewer than 15, how much will extras cost? Are they freely transferable between clubs or is a tag associated with a specific club? (I assume the latter)

Also +1 to what Jlukes said about forum testing. You'll find that THP folks do pretty thoughtful and thorough testing and this looks like an intriguing product.

I am VERY interested in this kind of devise. I don't spend the time entering in all my into into my phone or devise and actually really hate doing it during my round. This kind of devise is exactly what I've been waiting for someone to do and do right. Heading to the website now. I just might give this a try.

We have been in great contact with Josh and once the product is ready for review (ironing out some final minor creases), Josh will be the first to receive it. We have thoroughly tested this and want to make sure that it performs 100% so you guys get the best possible review.

A review will come very soon and you will all be able to use GAME GOLF this summer. Your early support on the indiegogo campaign at www.gameyourgame.com is crucial to us, so we really appreciate it.

I'm pretty interested in this as well. I heard about it this morning on Fairways of Life with Matt Adams. Certainly intriguing and one that I would think I'd use for a while.

Ok, I'm in for the $150 and first 300. Can't wait to see what this baby can do!

The association with THP sold me. I am in. Looking forward to seeing what this thing can do.

Back