New Road House movie, are you in?

It's delightfully dumb. Wonderfully dumb. Dumb in the best ways. It's Road House, it's not high art.
One hundred. I finally finished it. I watched the first 3/4 of it and then fell asleep the next couple times I tried to wrap it up. I really enjoyed it. It delivers on what it should be.

One hundred. I finally finished it. I watched the first 3/4 of it and then fell asleep the next couple times I tried to wrap it up. I really enjoyed it. It delivers on what it should be.
I thought it was in theaters and while flipping streaming services one night after a bit of insomnia i was surprised to see it on amazon. i'll say this i found it amusing , a bit over the top and entertaining but thought the music was better in the orginal. Im a huge Patrick Swayze fan from my youth so much that my kids always make fun of me about it

Last edited:
Good enough, not quite as good a story but I've watched worse... kind of missed not having the "i thought he'd be bigger" line from the original :LOL:

I thought it was great

Although I'm sure it wont be as good as the OG, yes I will watch.

Enjoyed it for what it was. I liked the Double Deuce reference with the store next to the bookshop.

Meh ... I watched it. It was Ok. I'd give it a B-

For what it was i enjoyed the movie, some questionable scenes but all in all it was an entertaining movie.

Watched it, and it was as other said, delightfully stupid.
But a very thin shadow of the original.

Watched it this evening and pretty much what I expected, while it was outrageous it was entertaining and lots of ass kicking. I mean wasn't expecting greatness. I love in all the bar fight scenes the band always kept playing, made me chuckle every time.
I felt like the bar was more of an afterthought in this one. I think they should have done a little more there.

They left the door open for a sequel

This was such a bad bad movie.

Besides a bar and using the Dalton name, the story was so different.

Patrick Swayze and others are rolling in their graves on how bad this reimagining was.

Then add in some of the worst acting you have seen since Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. Because this movie was worth about the same as a White Castle burger. Well, maybe I would like a White Castle burger more.

Patrick Swayze and others are rolling in their graves on how bad this reimagining was.

Then add in some of the worst acting you have seen since Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. Because this movie was worth about the same as a White Castle burger. Well, maybe I would like a White Castle burger more.

not surprised

i sort of want to see it. But at the same time, I loved the original. I'm not sure if I will watch it anytime soon though.

I agree... I wasn't impressed.

I haven’t seen it yet, but I will give it a watch. Just rewatched the original Swayze version last night to prep myself.

Delightfully bad. I enjoyed it. The Connor McGregor character is hilarious. Clinically insane, probably not too different than McGregor in real life.

I watched it on my laptop coming back from Sydney. I'm going to rewatch it on my big tv just to see it on a better screen. Won't make it any less bad though.

Enjoyed it but McGregor was terrible. I said what I said.

Back