New Road House movie, are you in?

I also missed the early 2000's living in the Middle East haha
I think he did a couple movies portraying service men in Middle East wars haha

Yeah he was not good in it. Gyllenhaal and some of the others were pretty good but Conner's character was way over the top. They tried to make him come off as a weird crazy badass but it didn't work very well. I think if they toned that down and made him more serious that it would have worked better.
I'm with you, but my wife found his character pretty entertaining. Lots of laughs.

I thought it was enjoyable for a free Friday night movie to kill time. All of these originals from the streaming services are the same thing though

I'm with you, but my wife found his character pretty entertaining. Lots of laughs.
I loved his character. He was exactly what he was supposed to be. Road House isn't True Grit. The original or the remake. It's not high art cinema. Asking Connor McGregor to play a character with deep emotional complexity just isn't happening. McGregor isn't Javier Bardem and Knox isn't Anton Chigurh.

I'm going to defend this movie because it knew exactly what it was and what it wasn't. I had fun watching it.

My expectations were very low for this remake and the movie certainly delivered on those expectations.

I loved his character. He was exactly what he was supposed to be. Road House isn't True Grit. The original or the remake. It's not high art cinema. Asking Connor McGregor to play a character with deep emotional complexity just isn't happening. McGregor isn't Javier Bardem and Knox isn't Anton Chigurh.

I'm going to defend this movie because it knew exactly what it was and what it wasn't. I had fun watching it.
I'm mostly with ya. I love how everyone's acting like the original was Oscar worthy or something. It was effing terrible. 😆 Just in a fun way. This one was maybe a little less developed along the way but was pretty much what it was trying to be.

I'm mostly with ya. I love how everyone's acting like the original was Oscar worthy or something. It was effing terrible. 😆 Just in a fun way. This one was maybe a little less developed along the way but was pretty much what it was trying to be.
I think the first one tried to be good, and it wasn't, and that's part of its charm.

This one knows it's not going to be good, so might as well lean into that.

Strange ending for me. Just o:k cannot compare to original.

It's delightfully dumb. Wonderfully dumb. Dumb in the best ways. It's Road House, it's not high art.

I’m with you.. my youngest and I watched it yesterday while waiting for basketball to start. Thought it was pretty good. I don’t need it to be the original.. just entertain me. My son has never seen the original and he liked this one. I actually thought Gyllenhaal and McGregor were pretty funny in the movie.

I'll probably watch it, at least enough of it to see if it's any good. I think I've seen the original at least 15 times and parts of it when I come across it on the television from time to time. It's kind of dumb but quite entertaining.

“Before you watch the new “Roadhouse”, watch the original… then go to bed.”

Saw that review this AM.
The internet is undefeated with its reviews

It's delightfully dumb. Wonderfully dumb. Dumb in the best ways. It's Road House, it's not high art.
I was a bit disappointed. The music sucked. The crocodile bit sucked. Who went to India to get a saltwater crock anyhow?

Conor McGregor butt ass naked

that is all

Damn. Learn something new every day. I thought all we had were alligators. Seriously. But I never spent any time in S Florida. The panhandle is as far south as I ever got
Only reason I knew that was because we looked it up watching the move. We had the same assumption

I will watch it with great hope but expect to be disappointed.

I'm not sure I've seen the original, so not really interested.

I watched it today while walking on treadmill so while not the best, was entertaining and helped pass the time.

Watched it this evening and pretty much what I expected, while it was outrageous it was entertaining and lots of ass kicking. I mean wasn't expecting greatness. I love in all the bar fight scenes the band always kept playing, made me chuckle every time.

Watched it Friday and see if it's purpose as a dumb action genre. Watched it and thoroughly enjoyed without the hype

Back