NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this. Made me chuckle:

Kings_Sweep_Blues.gif

I'll guess that Giroux gets a game.

Giroux suspended for 1 game. I think its the right call based on the head contact and how late it was as well as he was frustrated and yelling at the refs. I dont think he was trying to injure Zubrus and to be honest if it was just a fine I wouldnt have been surprised or very upset. Zubrus is fine. If he was hurt I would not be fine with 1 game.

Giroux suspended for 1 game. I think its the right call based on the head contact and how late it was as well as he was frustrated and yelling at the refs. I dont think he was trying to injure Zubrus and to be honest if it was just a fine I wouldnt have been surprised or very upset. Zubrus is fine. If he was hurt I would not be fine with 1 game.

good explanation from Shanny, i think its funny what they take into consideration now though. If hes yelling at a ref now that makes a difference? who says what he was yelling at the ref for, and if hes hurt or not hurt are both dumb. i just wish there was a better way to combat the problem. and make it more even across the boards. just seems like a free for all still and its not fair. not even saying this suspension wasn't fair. i thought it was gonna be a fine or 1 game. just seems like every time i watch Shanny explain stuff theres something else that went into why hes suspending someone or not.

EDIT:
i know if hes seriously injured they will extend the suspension but even if these aren't major injuries what are the long term affects of hits to the head?

I'm disappointed in the Preds. That is all.

I play twice a week still in the summer 3-4 times in the winter. Beer league is fun although you think Crosby and giroux whine a lot! Lol

I'm pretty fortunate to be with a good group right now. It's the same guys every week and we just break into two teams once we get there. Have one or two whinners, but you learn to ignore them.

Think the Giroux suspension is fair. It is the playoffs, think if it wasn't, it would be 2-3, but given that Giroux has no past and it's the playoffs, I like the call.

I'm pretty fortunate to be with a good group right now. It's the same guys every week and we just break into two teams once we get there. Have one or two whinners, but you learn to ignore them.

Think the Giroux suspension is fair. It is the playoffs, think if it wasn't, it would be 2-3, but given that Giroux has no past and it's the playoffs, I like the call.

yeah i have a game every week usually on Monday nights with my team and i do the same thing you do on Thursday mornings for 2 hours.... thats always a blast and such a great workout and stress reliever.

yeah its not a horrible call for the suspension i still thought hed only get a fine but i think since he was frustrated with the officials obviously that was a deciding factor. i mean Shanny shows him yelling at the ref in the video was pretty funny actually. lol.

It really is a no-brainer. Just unfortunate that they've missed some similar ones in these playoffs. Still...textbook how not to hit.

Didn't really like Giroux's comments on the suspension. Barely showed any concern for Zubris at all, basically just talked about trying to finish his check and keeping his elbow down. Doesn't matter if you hit a guy in the head buddy. No wonder the league is in the state it is, lack of respect among players and I don't mean just based on this incident.

Way to go Coyotes!

Coyotes, Kings, Devils, Capitals...

This could very well turn into the worst final four I have ever witnessed. Those are 4 teams that no one cares about.

What the heck Preds? I know Phoenix isn't exactly a push over but still. Geez.
Congrats on losing Suter to the Wings as soon as Free Agency opens after the CBA is signed by the by.

Actually Thainer, I'd love to see LA win it. As a Sharks fan from their inception to the league, I'm a huge fan of Lombardi and I think he's really built that team the right way for the most part. As much as I don't want cry baby Carter to get the Cup, I'd love for the players to repay Lombardi's faith.

You see that Wilson? That's how you build a team. Trading away all your young, promising players for rental shmucks isn't helpful 6 years in a row.

This could very well turn into the worst final four I have ever witnessed. Those are 4 teams that no one cares about.

I care about the Devils...

Tap Tap Taparoo

Come to DC, caps have a very heavily supported here. Yes it's not the land of syrup but hockey is thriving here.

Tap-in Talking

It's just, they're 4 unpopular teams outside of their respective cities for the most part.

Teams like the red wings, flyers, Blackhawks, pens, avalanche all have fans all over.

I'd love to see Philly go deep. But if they lose, I guess I'll be rooting for the kings.

It's just, they're 4 unpopular teams outside of their respective cities for the most part.

Teams like the red wings, flyers, Blackhawks, pens, avalanche all have fans all over.

I'd love to see Philly go deep. But if they lose, I guess I'll be rooting for the kings.

With Giroux out it's not looking good. However we must keep the faith!

I hear ya. They are only good for regional markets. If its Devils and Caps, there will be a good number in the NY/Metro area because Ranger fans will tune in to watch the Devils lose. But none of those teams are big markets per say. I am just worried about the Devils winning one more game. I take nothing for granted against Philly.

Oh and the streamers and fireworks at MSG after winning game 5 in a series was a bit bush league in my opinion. It has nothing to do with my hatred for the Rangers either. I would say the same thing if the Devils did it. They are already calling it "The Miracle at MSG"...haha

PHX/LA isn't the glamor series but should be a good hard fought series. I'm hoping it goes to 6 or 7.

I agree with that, there were only a handful of caps fans and then Ovi comes on and everyone is on the bandwagon. It's a good thing now for DC VA and MD because it's brought hockey up in the rankings around here. I am a homer for my home teams, I support them all good or bad always have and always will.

Tap-in Talking

Didn't really like Giroux's comments on the suspension. Barely showed any concern for Zubris at all, basically just talked about trying to finish his check and keeping his elbow down. Doesn't matter if you hit a guy in the head buddy. No wonder the league is in the state it is, lack of respect among players and I don't mean just based on this incident.

i saw 3 different interviews where he said that he was glad Zubris wasn't hurt. its funny how the media cuts down what they say for tv though cause i saw 2 of them and that part was cut out.

i saw 3 different interviews where he said that he was glad Zubris wasn't hurt. its funny how the media cuts down what they say for tv though cause i saw 2 of them and that part was cut out.

He didnt seem remorseful but who really cares. I am sure he didnt mean to hit him in the head and it wasnt intent to injure. Sometimes emotions get the best of them and they do stupid things. If he wasnt suspended I wouldnt have care much as long as Zubrus wasnt injured. I think the fact that it was really late was a problem too.

He didnt seem remorseful but who really cares. I am sure he didnt mean to hit him in the head and it wasnt intent to injure. Sometimes emotions get the best of them and they do stupid things. If he wasnt suspended I wouldnt have care much as long as Zubrus wasnt injured. I think the fact that it was really late was a problem too.

your dead on here. he was pissed off and just wanted to hit someone to take his frustrations out. i don't think he would do that on purpose especially after his concussion history this year. i don't think Claude is a dirty player he just plays hard and like you said emotions get the best of everyone from time to time. i know the devils have the flyers very frustrated right now. tonights game might be it if the devils keep playing like they have been.

your dead on here. he was pissed off and just wanted to hit someone to take his frustrations out. i don't think he would do that on purpose especially after his concussion history this year. i don't think Claude is a dirty player he just plays hard and like you said emotions get the best of everyone from time to time. i know the devils have the flyers very frustrated right now. tonights game might be it if the devils keep playing like they have been.

I am more nervous about tonights game than any other game so far in the series. The longer you fail to close out a team the harder it gets. I want it over with ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back