NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that means you can drive a guys face into the ice? Got it now.

Happens all the time in every series is all I'm saying. And if you notice the players aren't even getting up and complaining to the refs about it. Hell it has happened to me in my men's league and I don't complain about it. It's the punishment you take for playing in front of the net. And honestly I think it looks worse than it really is.

Looks like Bryz has been a wall this far. Good saves in the highlights.

Bye, Claude. See ya next season.

Happens all the time in every series is all I'm saying. And if you notice the players aren't even getting up and complaining to the refs about it. Hell it has happened to me in my men's league and I don't complain about it. It's the punishment you take for playing in front of the net. And honestly I think it looks worse than it really is.

Actually Parise was arguing it, but the ref was shaking his head. I didn't have a problem with the Couturier jumping on him, it was after the fact when he then grabbed his head and pushed it into the ice after the crowd had gathered and the ref was talking to Talbot.

I don't have a problem with stuff after the whistle, but this was no different than the Weber incident, which I still don't understand how nothing happened surrounding it.

Giroux is going to be gone for at least one game for that one.

Bye, Claude. See ya next season.

Lol really? I hope your joking bro. He didn't leave his feet and zubrus was hunched over. Penalty def suspension....don't think so. Plus he's an Allstar and it's the playoffs. You should know better.

Like I said, we'll see ya' next season Claude. Neal got a game? That was worse. He deserves a multiple game suspension.

That was straight from the old Matt Cooke book of dirty hits. And Giroux has been complaining ALL game. Clearly a frustration/retaliation hit.

I didn't see him smashing his face down I saw him holding him down. The weber deal still blows my mind. And is the reason I don't think giroux will be suspended.

Lol really? I hope your joking bro. He didn't leave his feet and zubrus was hunched over. Penalty def suspension....don't think so. Plus he's an Allstar and it's the playoffs. You should know better.

He doesn't leave his feet, but he lunges upward and the head was the point of contact, doesn't matter if he was hunched over or not.

I didn't see him smashing his face down I saw him holding him down. The weber deal still blows my mind. And is the reason I don't think giroux will be suspended.

He grabbed him, like I said I didn't have a problem with that, but if you watch closely after the crowd gathers, as Parise is bringing his head back up, Couturier grabs his head and pushes it back down into the ice.

Couturier has always been dirty. He was that dirty back in Bantam when I played against him. He drove one of our guys into the board from behind and was kicked out for the rest of the tournament. From watching him play this playoffs, nothing has changed.

Like I said, we'll see ya' next season Claude. Neal got a game? That was worse. He deserves a multiple game suspension.

That was straight from the old Matt Cooke book of dirty hits. And Giroux has been complaining ALL game. Clearly a frustration/retaliation hit.

Didn't Neal leave his feet? I'm telling you even if it was a frustration hit which I think it def was. He didn't leave his feet and he was hunched over. All he's gonna say was he missed his shoulder. I know I'm biased but If you see the suspensions it's guys leaving there feet and He wasn't injured on the play which also apparently has a huge impact on suspensions which I think is dumb.

Didn't Neal leave his feet? I'm telling you even if it was a frustration hit which I think it def was. He didn't leave his feet and he was hunched over. All he's gonna say was he missed his shoulder. I know I'm biased but If you see the suspensions it's guys leaving there feet and He wasn't injured on the play which also apparently has a huge impact on suspensions which I think is dumb.

Neal didn't leave his feet. He targeted the head.

[video=youtube_share;XiLVsiQzQ-E]http://youtu.be/XiLVsiQzQ-E[/video]

That's a clear shot to the head. CLEAR. And the intent to injure is there.

From the side, to the head...not sure how that's not suspendable.

I use to be a huge Giroux fan, but for as much as Philly fans make fun of Crosby being a cry baby, think they need to look in their own back yard first and look at Giroux. I never see him not jaring at the ref.

Jersey does look good again tonight. They aren't giving the flyers any time and space tonight. That's completely frustrating. Plus forcing 13 turnovers. It's impressive watching them swarm the puck. Just wish it was my team swarming.

From the side, to the head...not sure how that's not suspendable.

I use to be a huge Giroux fan, but for as much as Philly fans make fun of Crosby being a cry baby, think they need to look in their own back yard first and look at Giroux. I never see him not jaring at the ref.

Why aren't you anymore?

Why aren't you anymore?

Quit for two years after that year. I had to switch schools. My new school was a 45 min drive everyday, just didn't have the time for hockey, which has always been number 2 behind school for me. Then went back my final two years of high school and played, got asked to play for a Midget Major team a few hours away, but I knew at that point, being 17 it was way to late to go any where with it, so why move away from home? So just stayed back with my high school buds, the guys I grew up with and played high school hockey.

I wish I played in high school. Ice hockey is the best stress reliever. I love both teams I play on now. I think liking the guys on your team is a huge bonus. I play with some great guys. And just like golf I'm always striving to get better.

It's a great sport to get into. I learned a lot playing hockey. I still play in a beer league now and look forward to it every Friday in the winter.

I play twice a week still in the summer 3-4 times in the winter. Beer league is fun although you think Crosby and giroux whine a lot! Lol

Amazing what this team can do. Great string of games.

Flyers completely outplayed again tonight. Devils look good. Looking forward to devils against the rangers. That series will go the distance of the devils keep playing like this.

Time to join the rest of us Jeff. Blues are gone.

The way L.A. played, we were gone before they ever dropped the puck in Game 1. Holy Cow. We ran into a freaking buzz saw. Losing Halak hurt, a week off hurt (especially with the Kings being in "playoff mode" for over a month now, we were the first to clinch a playoff spot months ago), but the Kings absolutely dominated in every aspect of the game in this series. When we made a big play, 30 seconds later, they matched it. I don't feel like we had more than 5 minutes of momentum, tops, in the whole series. We were out played, out hustled, out coached, out everything. If the Kings don't win the Cup, I will be shocked. Pound for pound, they are the best team in the league right now, by far.

As for my Blues, they exceeded everyone's expectations this year, all the way from the talking heads, down to us fans. I couldn't have asked for a better season from a bunch of young, inexperienced guys with a new coach. St. Louis is buzzing again and we made some real strides this year. A lot to be excited about in the future with this team. Would like to see them add a big time front line scorer for next year. But all in all, I am very happy with this team as is.

Playing ice hockey really is one of the absolute best times - great fun.

Disciplinary hearing scheduled with NHL and Giroux at 11am. Uh oh. Almost as much as it was head contact, it was very late. In frame my frame, the NHL constitutes anything after 15 frames is a late hit. Giroux's hit was direct head contact at 29 frames with 30 frames being a full second. That could also play a determining factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back