NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's ready to play, why not play? He's symptom free and medically cleared. Play some hockey!

Agreed, I know head injuries and spine related things for hockey players are very serious, but I'm curious if they would be this cautious with a not so famous player.

If he's ready to play, why not play? He's symptom free and medically cleared. Play some hockey!

December 5th.

Why not take all the precautions to make sure he can play in the playoffs? Not like the Pens are battling for a playoff spot.

I have to correct myself - the Pens are going for 8 straight tonight.

And, regarding Sid, he has to come back and play hockey at some point. He's symptom free right now and the greatest competitor in the sport - it'd be tough to tell him he's not playing. Look, I understand that a great level of cautiousness should be displayed here but the point remains that he still simply just has to come back and play hockey. Period. What are you holding him out from at this point if he's absolutely symptom free?

Just to make sure. He was only cleared for contact at the beginning of the week. I just see no point in risking it this close to playoffs myself.

Just to make sure. He was only cleared for contact at the beginning of the week. I just see no point in risking it this close to playoffs myself.

Yeah, I understand. However, if he can't make it through the last 15 regular season games then he's in some serious trouble. I don't think a few extra weeks are going to make much of a difference at this point.

8 straight!

No Sid sunday.

Good. They don't appear to need him.

I personally wouldn't play him until play offs or deep in playoffs.. But its the Pens call i guess hope he doesn't rush it and gets hurt again!

Is there 'by degrees' implied in the 'cleared for contact' rating? Like, ok to take a practice hit, as not likely to be extremely violent, but not quite game ready? Anyways, agreed no reason to rush him - he's not going to win any personal awards this year, so he's not in any individual races...team going for 8 in a row, Malkin is an extreme stud. Let him play when EVERYONE says he's ready.

On another note, the Oilers took another step toward securing their 3rd straight #1 overall draft pick this afternoon, losing to Col in a shootout.

Our goaltending is the elephant in the room nobody wants to talk about. Khabby was awesome early, steady for most of the rest of the year, and is consistently awful in shootouts. Dubnyk lets in a soft goal in 90% of his games, though is very solid in his shootouts....and he never EVER steals us a win that we otherwise didn't deserve. Khabby does, once in a while. Khabby is (old, 38?) and has a year left to run on his contract, no way he re-signs. Duby is NOT #1 material. They need to put a young stud goalie under long term contract, one that can steal us games.

Our forwards are mostly good or better, certainly good enough to win in the NHL. Our defence is not great, but showing signs of developing - Petry is leading the team in minutes and, for the last 20 games or so, has been an extreme stud. Rushing the puck, playing more physically in his own end, great skater. We're one first-pairing guy + some experience away from being very solid, imho. Like, Whitney + (the guy we need), Petry + Smid, Schultz + (take your pick, Sutton Peckham and there are a couple of big young kids coming very soon - Klefbom & Teubert (who played 6-8 games this year with the big club and played well)).

Leafs only 4 points out of the basement in the East.

Soon need to pick a team to cheer for in the playoffs again haha. Tampa had a good run last year when I picked them, so going to need to find someone else this year.

The Bruins can't quite figure out what hit them in that first period. Total beat down at the hands of the Pens. 3-0 after one. Hopefully they keep it up!

The Pens are awesome.

Bryz is finally playing the way he's being paid to play and even with all the injuries this team is loose and having fun. Some real tests coming up home in home with the devils then Boston and the Pens in a week boy do I hope Crosby is back by then. Love to see him play against the flyers this season.

There's 9 ladies and gentlemen! Look out Rangers!

There's 9 ladies and gentlemen! Look out Rangers!

How nasty was that Dupuis goal? Great game today.

Thursday should be AWESOME. And could we see the return of 87 against the Rags?

How nasty was that Dupuis goal? Great game today.

Thursday should be AWESOME. And could we see the return of 87 against the Rags?
What better time to return? We need to pass them, why not bring back Sid to aid us?

Turcos too sweet though, you gotta love his style. Glad he is back

Turcos too sweet though, you gotta love his style. Glad he is back

Thought it was funny that he still even had his Stars gear on. Thought he played well for the B's.

My Blues are going going for 5 straight against the Jackets of Columbus. Locked in a bit of a dog fight at the moment.

Jaro Halak is putting on a clinic on how to stop 2 on 1 breakaways in Columbus. 2 all world saves in a 2 minute span. Unreal.

We beat the Flyers! Great!
We're closing in on 5th! Crap!

The Avs are out of the playoffs with the tiebreaker, but I think they'll make a push into the playoffs and probably win their first round matchup, but I'm worried after that. The goaltending just isn't there.

Steeler hasn't posted that Crosby will be back in the lineup Thursday yet?

I'm disappointed haha

Steeler hasn't posted that Crosby will be back in the lineup Thursday yet?

I'm disappointed haha

Crosby will be back in the lineup Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back