Nike 20Xi Golf Ball

I bought a sleeve of these when they first came out and saw what everyone else has, great ball, but the cover is just far too soft. I'm not a high spin player who really takes a chunk out of the ball with his wedges, but even I was taking some pretty impressive chunks out of this cover. For tour pro's who get them for free and can throw them away as they go, these are great balls, when you have to buy them no way.

I wonder if this was a way for Nike to keep the public buying balls more often if they chose the 20Xi wheras another option may not have to be replaced as often? That just sounds odd that a ball can't even last a front or back 9 without having to be replaced.

Played this golf ball for 2 straight rounds and my findings are exactly the same as they have been previously. Love the ball on approach shots into the green and the spin and feel is outstanding, but the durability is just not good for me. I can barely get 6 holes out of them before they are scuffed up pretty bad and without losing any last round, I went through due to seeing some pretty severe damage.

Whether or not that causes any issues or not to ball flight, I dont know, but I hate seeing scuffs that remind me of the old balata balls after a few holes. I cant imagine that they fly identically as a new ball being as though some of these are pretty deep.

I wonder if this was a way for Nike to keep the public buying balls more often if they chose the 20Xi wheras another option may not have to be replaced as often? That just sounds odd that a ball can't even last a front or back 9 without having to be replaced.

I dont think so. Not in my opinion anyway. Golfers lose balls more often than replacing scuffed.

Played the x and the s for the first time ,yesterday . Can't say I'm impressed . I did prefer the S over the X , but I wouldn't change to this ball .

It feels heavy, it also sounded louder off the driver then any other ball.my playing partner picked up on this as well.I didn't care for the X for anything. The S felt good off irons and chipping .still didn't like it off driver .

Cover did seem thinner then most and showed it with groove marks.

The x felt super hard,even putting it was loud and clicky

Been gaming these for a month now. One good wedge shot the ball is scuffed. But ill play it. Love picking the cover out of my grooves

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I have tried and tried and tried to love this golf ball. The performance is quite good, but each and every testing I put these through, the durability is lacking for me. I am glad that others are finding more success.

skim alert JB, did you find the X to be at least a little more durable than the S?

skim alert JB, did you find the X to be at least a little more durable than the S?

And on top of that, did you think the S was softer/had more spin? That's what I've heard.

And on top of that, did you think the S was softer/had more spin? That's what I've heard.

I have played the S and it spun quite a bit. I thought it was a pretty firm ball compression wise for being the S.

No, not at all.

Softer? Yes, but softer is about the core to me, not the spin rate. Some of the softest balls on the market dont spin that much.

No, not at all.

Softer? Yes, but softer is about the core to me, not the spin rate. Some of the softest balls on the market dont spin that much.

Thanks, I was going to try a sleeve of the X but after hearing that there is no need.

Okay thanks. I was asking for them as separate questions. Good to hear it is softer and 10yd says it spins a bunch. I really want to try this ball.

In all honesty I get just as much spin with the one tour as I do with the 20xi s. And the one tour is $16 cheaper and more durable.

In all honesty I get just as much spin with the one tour as I do with the 20xi s. And the one tour is $16 cheaper and more durable.

I played with both of these balls on a par 3 course last week and found the same to be true for me as well. I was surprised.

Like JB.....wanted to really like this ball but alas the B'stone 330-s clearly out performs both balls in all phases.....the one tour D doesn't spin enough for me however...

Like JB.....wanted to really like this ball but alas the B'stone 330-s clearly out performs both balls in all phases.....the one tour D doesn't spin enough for me however...

That's why I play the one tour. Performs good for me. Don't have the as for the 330-s

That's why I play the one tour. Performs good for me. Don't have the as for the 330-s

Matty, I'm only 95mph with driver but the 330s flies better than rx and a shade shorter than one tour d.....unlike the d however, the 330s provides proper spin into and around the greens ......unlike say prov1 or penta 330s doesn't overspin off the driver.......other than the 2005 prov1x, this has been the best all around ball I've found.

Nike 20XI balls

Nike 20XI balls

Anybody had a go?

Are they out in the US?

Not out in the UK till Feb :sad:

Pm sent

sent using Tapatalk for Android

Merged this with a rather large thread on the subject. You will get tons of information here that you are looking for.

I tried a sleeve of these this summer and preferred the One Ds over these. Did not find the price increase to be worth it over the older One models.

I still think Nike is missing the boat here with these balls. Even the spinnier 20xi-S has ludicriously high compression rating. The only thing out there that rivals it is the Tour iZ. Meanwhile the Vapour speed is pretty middling in that regard. I think they're missing something like the One Tour D that's still spinny but has a compression level for mortals.

gppgolf has the One tours w/ red swoosh for 9.99. Super awesome deal! I grabbed 3 dozen and if I don't like it, i'll sell the other 2 dozen.

Back