Nike Golf Introduces the VR Pro Limited Edition Forged Driver

I'm probably in the minority but I didn't find the MAP pricing offensive at all, probably between $329 and $359 street?

I agree, not too bad at all. I really like the look of the smaller head and a standard hosel as well.

How does it compare to TM, Titleist, Ping, Callaway?

How does it compare to TM, Titleist, Ping, Callaway?

That is a pretty vague question since all of those OEM's have multiple driver offerings. Also, no one here that I know of has had an opportunity to hit this yet so I doubt anyone can answer that very well at this moment.

This looks lovely. Not too sure how it would work for me, but I do like the look of a slightly smaller head.

That is a seriously nice looking driver! I like the marking on the face better than the standard "cog" that is usually on there.

Should have this driver in hand tomorrow. Will have a video preview and some initial thoughts as soon as it arrives.

Should have this driver in hand tomorrow. Will have a video preview and some initial thoughts as soon as it arrives.

Looking forward to that. It's a great looking driver.

Cool thanks. I hit the regular VR Pro at Golfsmith and I really loved it. I want to hit this as well and maybe mess around with a few different shafts. Looking forward to seeing the preview.

I like the VR series drivers I've hit. I'm interested to see how the shaft performs. I still don't know as much about the Mitsu shafts as I'd like to.

Somehow just saw this update for the first time tonight. I have not spent anytime with the VR Pro drivers so interested to hear the thoughts especially with what you have been hitting lately and will hopefully be able to compare it to.

Tappin' from my iPad!

VR Pro has a real nice sound to my ears.

I am excited! It is a gorgeous driver

Looking forward to hearing about these VR Pro LE's... I've heard good things about the VR Pros, hope the same from the LE

Maybe I missed it, but what shaft is coming in this?

It's a Mitsu Ahina, but it sounds like it's been improved or designed for this driver.

I had the opportunity to hit the new Nike VR Limited Edition driver this weekend and I currently game the Nike VR Pro Tour:project X 6.0 and I can tell you the Limited Edition driver is AWESOME. The Nike rep that I was talking to called it the Infinity face and told me it was hotter than the face of the VR Pro. The sweet spot is WAY different feel than with the regular VR. Very smooth contact.

This is where I describe things the only way I know how, hope it makes sense. With the VR I've always felt like even on dead center face hits, I feel like there is a "pop" feel, but I also felt the same with the Nike Black and R11. With the new VR LE it is a very light click feel. It definately feels like a Tour quality driver.

As for the shaft, I felt good with it, but the Nike rep told me a lot of people feel the shaft is a little bendy (his words). Honestly, I wish I could get this driver. I really liked the way it felt even more than the VR Pro Tour I fell in love with.

Here's the info from the press release:

The New MRC Diamana ‘Ahina shaft incorporates Mitsubishi Rayon’s signature Multi-Dimensional Interlay technology (MDI) to deliver a stiffer mid and tip section than its predecessor.

It's a Mitsu Ahina, but it sounds like it's been improved or designed for this driver.

Hmm, interesting. Even more intrigued now, can't wait to hear how it works out.

This is a real beauty, hope it turns out everything the hype show's.

Back