Nike Method Core Drone Putter

Earlier I talked about the Nike guys from the Oven filming the rool of the ball with the Nike Method Core putters. It was impressive to see how this insert improved the roll of all of the college players here at Oregon State. It is a great insert and the Drone just feels so good!

That is very accurate Freddie. Glad it's not just me seeing that. Definitely takes some getting used to.

3 times yesterday I was putting for birdie and walked off with bogey after running it by more than I expected.

Tappin' from my iPad!
Cookie...if you need me to keep this bad boy warm for ya once you get your MC putter..let me know!! :D

I'm very intrigued with all of the forward roll tech. Looking to get me a new putter, and this will be on my list! I need all the extra help I can get with putting!:beat-up:

I'm very intrigued with all of the forward roll tech. Looking to get me a new putter, and this will be on my list! I need all the extra help I can get with putting!:beat-up:

The looks may not be everyone's cup of tee but the results can't be argued.

The looks may not be everyone's cup of tee but the results can't be argued.

I am a big fan of the looks, then again I am also a fan of the spider. I am quite tempted to grab this in a belly putter and try it out for a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have had two rounds with this putter now, three if you count the demo round I had a month ago. The first round was a great putting day with a brnad new putter. My second round was a mixed bag, I made a hand full of putts but missed some makeable birds inside 12 feet. Today was the day of long lag putts due to some less than stellar ball striking. I swear my average for distance from the hole was 32'.
my distance control was not spot on by any stretch but my direction and line was spot on. I did how ever drain a 15' and 20' to save par. The shape and setup of the Drone allow you to set the putter down and pull the tirgger. Provided it is on the entended line and you have youe green speed down, you will be rewarded.
I did figure out that my misses are pulls due to deceleration. I am not sure if this typical but I will be sure to be agreesive on short putts. Missing 3 footers is not my idea of fun.

When testing this out at GG tonight it just feels like you are swinging a kitchen plate. Really seems way to big for me.

Everytime I use the belly putter option for this putter, it just feels consistent. I am just not sure if I like the grip.

When testing this out at GG tonight it just feels like you are swinging a kitchen plate. Really seems way to big for me.

The look of the putter is unique to say the least but the on course results are hard to argue with.

I have had two rounds with this putter now, three if you count the demo round I had a month ago. The first round was a great putting day with a brnad new putter. My second round was a mixed bag, I made a hand full of putts but missed some makeable birds inside 12 feet. Today was the day of long lag putts due to some less than stellar ball striking. I swear my average for distance from the hole was 32'.
my distance control was not spot on by any stretch but my direction and line was spot on. I did how ever drain a 15' and 20' to save par. The shape and setup of the Drone allow you to set the putter down and pull the tirgger. Provided it is on the entended line and you have youe green speed down, you will be rewarded.
I did figure out that my misses are pulls due to deceleration. I am not sure if this typical but I will be sure to be agreesive on short putts. Missing 3 footers is not my idea of fun.

That is my miss with my Ghost Spider Belly. I've been thinking about how to fix this, I guess I'll have to remember to be agressive. Glad you're liking this putter.

That is my miss with my Ghost Spider Belly. I've been thinking about how to fix this, I guess I'll have to remember to be agressive. Glad you're liking this putter.

For me when I decelerate my right hand tries to get in the picture and hence I get the pulls.i don't know if this would be the case with a belly but it could be.

Thanks for the up date Tadashi. Your still on your honeymoon i'm sure once everything settles you'll be Mr. Drain-O. I know for me it's going to take a long time to learn the Belly version and I'm sure this baby will pay off Loving the sound of this one.

Thanks for the up date Tadashi. Your still on your honeymoon i'm sure once everything settles you'll be Mr. Drain-O. I know for me it's going to take a long time to learn the Belly version and I'm sure this baby will pay off Loving the sound of this one.

The sound is unmistakable and I love it. It's like a tuning fork. I know when I hit a good putt cuz it makes a crisp tune. Miss hits are more muted....

i finally hit one of these the other day at dicks and i really was disappointed. I liked my spider so i thought i might like the drone but it really didn't fit my eye at all. did have a nice feel to it. but that was about it for me. wasn't draining anything and just looked a little awkward to me. i do think nike is heading in the right direction with the feel of there putters though my method had such a great feel to it also.

Another round with the Drone and I have to say I like the results I am seeing. The ball rolls on it's intended line, end over end. So far I have not seen any type of side spin on the ball from mis-hit putts. I try not to look up until the ball is long gone so I cant see if the ball is skidding after it is struck. I'm sure it is a little bit but it does not seem to be effecting the role of the ball. The sound is very distinctive, I actually listen for the pitch after I have struck the ball. I am trying to determine the sound a well struck short and long putt make. I have several more rounds planned before the end of the year so I should have some good data to share.

Another round with the Drone and I have to say I like the results I am seeing. The ball rolls on it's intended line, end over end. So far I have not seen any type of side spin on the ball from mis-hit putts. I try not to look up until the ball is long gone so I cant see if the ball is skidding after it is struck. I'm sure it is a little bit but it does not seem to be effecting the role of the ball. The sound is very distinctive, I actually listen for the pitch after I have struck the ball. I am trying to determine the sound a well struck short and long putt make. I have several more rounds planned before the end of the year so I should have some good data to share.

It's funny you should mention the sound and how distinctive it is. This past weekend, one of my playing partners out of the blue said something to the effect of "that putt sounded much better than your putt on the last hole". On the previous hole, I did not hit the center of the face but I have never had another golfer notice the sound of my putter and comment on it. I think that lends credence to just how distinctive it is.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Take your Video camera with you to the practice green and close up on the putter head from behind and putt about ten of them and see how well the ball is rolling off the head. That way you can stay down on the putt and get the results from the camera.

It's funny you should mention the sound and how distinctive it is. This past weekend, one of my playing partners out of the blue said something to the effect of "that putt sounded much better than your putt on the last hole". On the previous hole, I did not hit the center of the face but I have never had another golfer notice the sound of my putter and comment on it. I think that lends credence to just how distinctive it is.

Tappin' from my iPad!
The sound was really relevant to me the other day more so then any other time out. I have a theory that I will share after my next round, tomorrow

Take your Video camera with you to the practice green and close up on the putter head from behind and putt about ten of them and see how well the ball is rolling off the head. That way you can stay down on the putt and get the results from the camera.

I will do this, thanks for planting the seed. I'm play Orange County National tomorrow and they have a huge putting green for me to practise on....Video posted tomorrow evening

Had the Drone out again today and had a pretty good day on the greens (31 putts), not great but good. I really never got the speed of the greens down and was leaving everything short and what seemed to be in the gut. So my birdie attempts were not stellar. But I did have two eagle putts that I left 6" and 12" short in the jaws. I had 3 one putts all par saves with longest being 15' and the shrotest 4'.
It noticed the ting of the tuning fork more today than any other due to the fact my playing partner's had muted putter. I heard nothing when the ball came off the face of their putter but always that Familar ting with the Drone.
I put (5) side views strokes on video so you could appreciate the sound of the Drone. I'm still really like the way this putter keeps putts on line. Sooner or later I will put it all together and have a stellar day. I feel it, hopefully soon. Unitl then I will keep working.

Tad sounds consistent on most of your strokes. I haven't figured out how to replay in slo mo. I'm sure there's a way I know you were talking about side spin. Did you notice any while you wee putting?

Tad sounds consistent on most of your strokes. I haven't figured out how to replay in slo mo. I'm sure there's a way I know you were talking about side spin. Did you notice any while you wee putting?

I have not noticed any side spin and I've been keeping an eye out for it. I keep my head down for most of my putts. My misses have been long and short. Very few miss reads or wayward putts due to miss hits.

The last time I had this kind of confidence with a putter it was 2001 and I was given putter that promoted forward roll. That stayed in my bag for years.
Now I'm rolling this oddly shaped well balance flat stick with incredible balance. It makes a distinct sound as it strikes the ball toward its intended target. But once you hear that sound and watch the ball tumble end of end, you tell yourself this one has a chance. Then the ball falls over the front edge of the painted hole and BOOM, birdie or par save.
I had this feeling numerous times the other day to the tune of 7 birdies and a few par saves. It was truly a satisfying day from tee to green but the time in the putting surfaces will stand out the most.

Damn you tadashi, now you hanger me pondering this goofy looking thing. I will have to roll it again in a store.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Damn you tadashi, now you hanger me pondering this goofy looking thing. I will have to roll it again in a store.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

It's worth the ponder. I am equally impressed with the belly putter version that is currently in my bag.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Only my second post here on THP. I have had the belly putter version for the last 2 weeks and have been practicing an hour or so a day on my birdieball green in my garage. Played my first round today 9 holes and had 15 putts. Not a bad first outing. Love how the ball comes of the face and the sound the putter makes. Never thought I would be a belly putter guy but this thing is awesome

Back