Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep Wedge Review Thread

Not really a nike guy except for shoes, but this years lineup is no joke. They have certainly obtained my attention.

From what I've read from others that tried the wedge at a Nike event in Vegas a few weeks back, that wasn't a big issue. I still think it's pretty cool that this one could be opened up for lob shots off tight lies, but then work pretty well with a lot of bounce in the sand too.

I was thinking this, versatility with my higher loft wedges is key. I like this wedge a lot, I wouldn't mind having a 60 and a 56.

Holly toe batman! The theory behind it is very interesting.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'll be interested to hear the feedback on this wedge

Very interesting. I think I definitely want to try one of these sometime.

Not sure if it was just the lighting in those original pictures, but the finish on these things look amazing. Almost looks like a satin nickel as opposed to chrome. Looks aside I'm sure with the amount of time and money they put into the R&D of these that they must have discovered something pretty beneficial about this design.

You are correct. It's a satin finish.

These look great. I have two friends who both stick their noses up in the air when it comes to Nike's golf clubs, but they both swear by Nike wedges.

I hit the toe sweep 60° at a demo day last weekend. (From the looks of the wedge I was the first to hit it.) In my judgement it felt pretty nice on both full, and partial swings. I liked the weight, and the look at address.
I could never make a final judgement of a lob wedge from hitting on a mat, but This will be getting a closer look as soon as I can try it out on the grass.

Thanks for the feedback Lance.

Very intresting looking wedge Is it difficult to hit from Tight Lies

Also seems that it might be hevier on the toe so full shots it could be harder to turn over

So far have only hit it from a mat, which is really about as tight a lie as you'll find I guess. I haven't seen any issues getting the ball clean on partial swings.

So far have only hit it from a mat, which is really about as tight a lie as you'll find I guess. I haven't seen any issues getting the ball clean on partial swings.

So is it the exact same grind on all lofts or does the grind progress in someway throughout the wedges?

Only have the 60° in hand, but the literature doesn't mention anything like that from what I've seen.

Back