I just picked up a VRS from my local golf shop about a month ago; someone had traded it in and it looks BRAND new; at the price they were asking, and knowing it came with Diamana 'ahina vs. stock Fubuki, I couldn't resist. I was gaming a Cleveland SL290, emphasis on was; now that i've got it dialed in, this driver is longer and straigther than my old sl290

I really like that 'ahina in the VR Pro Limited. I bet it's a beast in the VRS!

while I really am a big fan of the Miyazaki that was in the SL290, it was just a little too whippy for me; and you are right, for me at least, it is a beast. I have gotten several inquiries too because of the sound, which I rather happen to enjoy over previous Nike drivers.

Still loving this driver! May play around with some settings or maybe swap shafts, though. I absolutely hammered some shots today, but at best they were soft fades and really kinda low. When you crush the ball with this stick, you know it!

63a87c59-d91b-bd0d.jpg

63a87c59-d944-2b9a.jpg

63a87c59-d961-2cc4.jpg

So this thing's "Neutral" is actually +1* open. I guess that was what worked best with the stock shaft since it had so much torque...makes sense...would let the club head whip through the ball. Anyway...I guess setting to Left 1* Flat would be a pretty good approximation of a normal "neutral" face, although it will kick up the face angle a bit.

Anybody playing this setting? If so, did you see much difference in ball flight? Seems to me that closing the face 1 degree and also going 1 degree flat would more or less balance each other out. Assuming that I remember after work, I'm gonna give this a try and see how it works out.

So this thing's "Neutral" is actually +1* open. I guess that was what worked best with the stock shaft since it had so much torque...makes sense...would let the club head whip through the ball. Anyway...I guess setting to Left 1* Flat would be a pretty good approximation of a normal "neutral" face, although it will kick up the face angle a bit.

Anybody playing this setting? If so, did you see much difference in ball flight? Seems to me that closing the face 1 degree and also going 1 degree flat would more or less balance each other out. Assuming that I remember after work, I'm gonna give this a try and see how it works out.

When i get a chance, i will have to try this also. I currently have it at neutral flat which might be too much flatness

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I tried the Left 1* Flat setting at the range tonight. Seemed to be a better ballflight, but hard to tell real results until I get on the course. So far so good I think.

I now have the B asha 5x in this bad boy and I have to say the combo is great. Looking down at the VRS doesn't get old and the results can't be argued. With the Devo 6 I was consistently longer but the B asha has made me more accurate

I now have the B asha 5x in this bad boy and I have to say the combo is great. Looking down at the VRS doesn't get old and the results can't be argued. With the Devo 6 I was consistently longer but the B asha has made me more accurate

You hit some awesome Shots with that combo!

Hi, could someone explain how the new str8 fit tool works? I know the previous versions gave an audible beep when it reached the correct "tightness" does the new tool have a feature like that?

It is basically a torque wrench. When you are tightening it, it will click/snap when it is at the proper tightness.

Good to hear there are some big fans of this driver. I used it when I rented a set this summer when I was at Oxmoor Valley down in Birmingham and we became quick friends.

I'm going through a fitting in a couple weeks once all the new models are out, so we'll see how things go, but this driver is on my short list of off season acquisitions otherwise.

Ok I didn't get to read through all 40 pages. I did get the idea that the shaft plays a little loose. I normally play a stiff at 104 club head speed. Would it be a good idea to get it in a X-stiff?

Ok I didn't get to read through all 40 pages. I did get the idea that the shaft plays a little loose. I normally play a stiff at 104 club head speed. Would it be a good idea to get it in a X-stiff?

It could work but I have a feeling you might get to much spin from the shaft. You could try tipping to stiffen the tip more and maybe that might bring the spin down??

I've had a vr tour for most of the summer and played it a lot, liked it a lot etc and when gg had their 15% off and free shipping I went ahead and ordered this one. I don't get home from work for another 10 days and I'm excited to play it. I get good distance with the burner I've been playing but it is a bit wild on the dispersion and my fade tends to turn into a slice sometimes so I'm going to throw the new Nike driver in the bag and see if I can get my fairway numbers up a bit.

I was lazy and never bought a wrench since I bought my driver used. I may be retiring it, I just don't hit it well with the current setup it's in and I don't even know what setting it is lol.

Played the VR_S for the 2nd time today. Finally found that the ''Left'' setting is perfect for me. Lovely mid flight and very penetrating through the air. Even against the wind, I was getting good distances.

Overall, love this driver. And maybe a custom shaft fitting in the new year to really get the best of of the VR_S. Money well spent (massive discount did help :clapp:)

Well, I gave up on my VRS with Oban Devotion. I liked it, but just didn't hit it nearly high enough. Just won a VRS w/ Attas 7S last night. Should arrive on Monday. I really, REALLY liked the Attas in a hybrid but don't think I ever tried it in a driver. Hope it is a missile launcher!

I had actually been considering buying a 913D2, but hopefully the new VRS will put an end to that!

So the Oban'd VRS will probably be showing up on the Marketplace pretty soon. Great club for someone needing a low-ish launch.

The VR_S adaptors are slowly flooding ebay if anyone fancies trying out new shafts.

I got to hit my new one today, like the driver a lot. I experimented with the settings but neutral works best for me. Any movement to the left tended to make me ballon the ball or start hooking it. Neutral was nice and high with a nice gentle fade which is my normal shot with a driver. I hit a draw with a 3w bit it's never transferred over the the driver and the harder I try to work with it the more brutal the hooks become so I just play the fade.

Swing weight feels lighter than my previous VR tour with a RIP shaft, ball flight is a bit higher, sweet spot is bigger, and driver is almost too quite for me. I kinda liked the crack the other VR made but I seem to be able to get a longer average with the new one thanks to the bigger sweet spot. Perfectly struck shots seems to be close to the same but if I hit every ball perfect I wouldn't have a 19.9 handicap.

alas, I have finally found this thread. just wanted to say that I've had some trouble getting good distance & straightness with my TaylorMade R11 & it came to a head Saturday. I just got home from Golf Galaxy about an hour ago. I spent a good 45 minutes hitting different drivers to find out which one suited me the best. I have to admit that I was skeptical about swinging the VR_S because I've heard the stock shaft is too light and flimsy but oh my goodness.. I couldn't have been more wrong. my numbers were the best all around with this driver, even with the stock Fubuki shaft. I'm going to trade in my R11 first thing tomorrow. I really really wanted to wait to hit the Covert but for the price & results I just couldn't pass this up. I will be hitting the 3 wood tomorrow if I have time & might quite possibly exchange my R11 for it as well.

alas, I have finally found this thread. just wanted to say that I've had some trouble getting good distance & straightness with my TaylorMade R11 & it came to a head Saturday. I just got home from Golf Galaxy about an hour ago. I spent a good 45 minutes hitting different drivers to find out which one suited me the best. I have to admit that I was skeptical about swinging the VR_S because I've heard the stock shaft is too light and flimsy but oh my goodness.. I couldn't have been more wrong. my numbers were the best all around with this driver, even with the stock Fubuki shaft. I'm going to trade in my R11 first thing tomorrow. I really really wanted to wait to hit the Covert but for the price & results I just couldn't pass this up. I will be hitting the 3 wood tomorrow if I have time & might quite possibly exchange my R11 for it as well.

Glad to hear you found the right combo. What kind of launch angle & spin rates were you getting?

I briefly owned a VRS. I didn't play with it much, but in limited range sessions I was not nearly as accurate as I was with my current setup. I liked the nice low ball flight, but I didn't hit the VRS as well as I have previous Nike Machspeed Black drivers.

Glad to hear you found the right combo. What kind of launch angle & spin rates were you getting?

I don't remember anymore, I should've mentioned it last night while it was still fresh &/or wrote them down. I traded in my R11 3 wood without even hitting the VR_S just on pure instinct. taking them to the range Friday & then the course Saturday, can't wait!

Can someone confirm for me. Is the head considered a high launch/low spin? Trying to buy a new shaft and wannt to make sure I get the right kind. Don't want to get a high kick point shaft if thr head is a high launch. Thanks.

Has anyone hit both this and the Covert? Thoughts

Back