Odyssey Ai-ONE and Ai-ONE Milled Putters Review

Woah really? Like the putters are 6-8 weeks out?? Or just to process the trade credit?
I think it's real, but in my experience they usually take less time than what they state

So I’ve been playing with my Rossie S for three solid weeks now and I’m convinced it’s a cheat club. It being my first real mallet I have to say I’m enjoying the stability it has or at least the idea in my head it gives me (feel is real, right?!?!). I’m actually trending in the wrong direction for 3 putts but that’s because I can’t hit my irons if my life depended on it right now so I’ve had too many really long putts but I’ve been very good on normal length attempts..really good. I might be upset about a 3 putt once every round or two as I try not to give myself a hard time when I’m 50+ feet away, I try to stay realistic with expectations.

I don’t think my Scotty Squareback is going back in my bag anytime soon. I’d be ecstatic if this is my putter for the rest of my life honestly. I’ve been a putter wh@re since I starated golfing for real 7 years ago but I’m hoping I can just settle down and be a 1 putter man hahaha

33 putts today with no 3 putts. I had a few long ones that had me sweating, but distance control with the Ai-ONE face is so good, even when you don't hit the exact center of the face.

So I’ve been playing with my Rossie S for three solid weeks now and I’m convinced it’s a cheat club. It being my first real mallet I have to say I’m enjoying the stability it has or at least the idea in my head it gives me (feel is real, right?!?!). I’m actually trending in the wrong direction for 3 putts but that’s because I can’t hit my irons if my life depended on it right now so I’ve had too many really long putts but I’ve been very good on normal length attempts..really good. I might be upset about a 3 putt once every round or two as I try not to give myself a hard time when I’m 50+ feet away, I try to stay realistic with expectations.

I don’t think my Scotty Squareback is going back in my bag anytime soon. I’d be ecstatic if this is my putter for the rest of my life honestly. I’ve been a putter wh@re since I starated golfing for real 7 years ago but I’m hoping I can just settle down and be a 1 putter man hahaha
I really like the Rossie shape. I am glad it is working well for you. I have been struggling with putter, but it is a me thing. I tried an old Odyssey I had in my garage for a recent round and I was worse with it than my Ai double wide. There is definitely something to this face that leaves my bad putts closer to the hole.

I really like the Rossie shape. I am glad it is working well for you. I have been struggling with putter, but it is a me thing. I tried an old Odyssey I had in my garage for a recent round and I was worse with it than my Ai double wide. There is definitely something to this face that leaves my bad putts closer to the hole.
I too love the double wide shape. There’s something about the Rossie though with the extra material I just feel like I can put a smooth stroke on the ball. There’s also something to the white hot insert being a tad hotter than my Tri-Hot Double Wide as I don’t feel the need anymore to give a putt a little extra oomph as I know it will come off of the face with plenty of pace. Again feel versus real but I just feel much calmer and free when putting now. I don’t think it’s a honeymoon phase either as I‘ve played a lot of golf and my friends are all calling me a good putter now hahaha. I actually feel confident when I go up to putt.

I have a Tri-Hot 5K One I practice with as well. Not sure that’s what one is supposed to do practicing with multiple putters but it seems to work for me. Once I go to play golf I only bring my Rossie though. I do my warm up routine where I just literally warm up and then hit some putts at the practice green to get a feel for what the speed is that day (assuming they even match the course lol) and I go off. The bigger head of the Rossie just instills confidence and I’m on my way.

I love practicing with the Ai One Milled 1 T. As long as I keep my grip nice and light, I am quite consistent on distance and make quite a few putts. I'm still curious though if I'd have better success with it on course with the SL 70 shaft.

The Ai-One 7T is such a good putter. Keeps the ball rolling end over end and distance across the face is consistent. The greens we have been playing on for league are trash. Haven’t been watered in who knows how long and feel like I’m putting on an old driving range mat. They are actually closing the course in three weeks to redo the greens. Had some really good putts that did not go in. Ball was just not stopping. Yes apparently that is painted grass in the picture below, but damn that putter looks so good!!!
IMG_3179.jpeg

Took the DW for a spin tonight instead of the jailbird… and it felt great! My speed was great, i was getting the ball to the hole for the most part and was putting with confidence… end up with 1.7 putts per hole which is an average I like seeing

It's back with a new UST All In Shaft and grip. Can't wait for you tomorrow

1000013884.jpg
1000013882.jpg
1000013881.jpg

It took me a little to get used to this club I was not a huge fan right at first. HOWEVER I got the heavier weight kit for this and I finally got used to it. Last night I had 12 putts and shot a 33 with this club. It was a great night with the putter. I am looking forward to many more rounds with this thing now!!

It took me a little to get used to this club I was not a huge fan right at first. HOWEVER I got the heavier weight kit for this and I finally got used to it. Last night I had 12 putts and shot a 33 with this club. It was a great night with the putter. I am looking forward to many more rounds with this thing now!!
I was tempted to buy the kit too. Might have to.

Heyyyy we both had 12 putts last night! I shot six strokes worse than you but still 12 putts! I don’t think I’ve ever been more confident in a putter

I was tempted to buy the kit too. Might have to.
It totally changed my feeling on this club. I love it now that I have the heavier weights

Heyyyy we both had 12 putts last night! I shot six strokes worse than you but still 12 putts! I don’t think I’ve ever been more confident in a putter
Awesome! I wasn't at first but I am gaining more and more since I put the weight kit in. It has totally changed my feeling on the putter

Took the DW for a spin tonight instead of the jailbird… and it felt great! My speed was great, i was getting the ball to the hole for the most part and was putting with confidence… end up with 1.7 putts per hole which is an average I like seeing
Can confirm, Brit was rolling everything in.

Almost like that's the one you were fit for my guy!!

Played this morning and my lag putting with the exception of one putt was as good as I could hope for. Hit a decent amount of greens and had some tricky breaks, but managed them well and had plenty of tap ins for par. Through three rounds with the shaft change in the Ai One #1, I've only had one three putt. Didn't make any putts of note outside of a par save from about 7 feet. Burned plenty of edges.

I had a few longer lag putts that I know I didn't hit the center of the face and had a fairly poor strike, but it didn't hurt me and was surprised by the lack of distance loss on those putts.

Almost like that's the one you were fit for my guy!!
My 1st round with the jailbird on decent greens my average was 1.4...... but I played the same 9 holes monday and tuesday and putted a lot better tuesday with the DW over mond with the jailbird.... on slow furry greens.

My 1st round with the jailbird on decent greens my average was 1.4...... but I played the same 9 holes monday and tuesday and putted a lot better tuesday with the DW over mond with the jailbird.... on slow furry greens.
Ohhhh so you might have two different weapons for different conditions!

32 putts with the 7S today, with no 3-putts. Lag putting was so good, I was leaving stress-free second putts and even came close to burying a few of them.

Even though the forgiveness/distance control is the major talking point for the Ai-ONE (and I'm definitely seeing that in real world use), I'm very impressed with the stability as well. I'm making a much higher percentage of the shorter putts that used to be knee-knockers for me, and the ones that I miss are usually bad reads rather than pushes or pulls. As I often say, I don't have anything to complain about if the ball goes where I aimed it!

When you say heavier weights how high did you go? 15 or 20g?

I didn't have a good night at league with it. Everything was online but short. Felt like I wasnt feeing the head like I like thru impact. Think maybe a heavier weight would help....

Back