Odyssey Ai-ONE and Ai-ONE Milled Putters Review

Got the new weights today. Plugged them in before playing 18. Distance control was much better but lost the face a bit at times and accuracy wasn't there.

It's too early to jump to conclusions but the Jailbird may fall into the "I really want it to work, but just isn't" camp.

Gonna go back to the Triple Wide for league tomorrow but the AI One Jailbird is gonna need some more work.

I find that this, for me, can be modified by adding more of a counterweight up top. I added one to my Mizuno OMOI 1 putter when I upped the weight with more success. Planning on adding more weight to the same Odyssey as you but am expecting to replace the grip and add more counter weight and a bigger grip when I do

I find that this, for me, can be modified by adding more of a counterweight up top. I added one to my Mizuno OMOI 1 putter when I upped the weight with more success. Planning on adding more weight to the same Odyssey as you but am expecting to replace the grip and add more counter weight and a bigger grip when I do
This is a good thought as well. Something I'll definitely look into if things don't turn around.

This is a good thought as well. Something I'll definitely look into if things don't turn around.
Yeah I think this is a good option for you. Sorry it didn't work out the way you had hoped. I am a rarity when it comes to the weight of my clubs all my irons are d4 or heavier. And I like the heavy putter

Yeah I think this is a good option for you. Sorry it didn't work out the way you had hoped. I am a rarity when it comes to the weight of my clubs all my irons are d4 or heavier. And I like the heavy putter
I mean I was going to try it anyway. I loved the Jailbird shape too much. But I know it's going to take some time going back to a mallet shape. And I also think the loft/lie are different. I was fit into my Triple Wide at the Grandaddy and I know some adjustments were made in that area. So it just might take some tweaking.

Sorry for not searching all 121 pages...

Question for those who have a Jailbird mini: (1) Does it come with a counter weight in the grip end and if so, what is the weight? and (2) Are the stock head weights 15 grams, as has been mentioned elsewhere in the thread?

I am asking because I'm planning to get a JB Mini made at longer than standard (35.5" vs. my standard 34") and install a longer heavier grip and probably increase the head weight some. Basically I want to make a shorter version of the Cruiser which, at 38" is too long for me (I'm 5'9").

Against my better judgement I stuck with the Jailbird last night. Did better but still struggling with the insert a bit. Not seeing the kind of roll I like consistently. There were some positives so I'm not giving up yet, but I hope it improves.

Sorry for not searching all 121 pages...

Question for those who have a Jailbird mini: (1) Does it come with a counter weight in the grip end and if so, what is the weight? and (2) Are the stock head weights 15 grams, as has been mentioned elsewhere in the thread?

I am asking because I'm planning to get a JB Mini made at longer than standard (35.5" vs. my standard 34") and install a longer heavier grip and probably increase the head weight some. Basically I want to make a shorter version of the Cruiser which, at 38" is too long for me (I'm 5'9").
Per the product page on Odyssey's website:

IMG_2942.jpeg

I ordered my JB Mini with the stock shaft at 34" and a custom grip, and the head weights were 10g.

How often do most of you think you make center contact on your putts? I bet it is less than you expect. If you are in that camp the Ai-One line of putters is here to help with that distance control on off center strikes. My last round out I had a 20’ putt that after I made the stroke and contact was made, off the toe, I started immediately walking to mark my ball. Well to my surprise the ball rolled out further than I expected and found the bottom of the cup. I was ridiculed by the other guys in the group with, “look at this guy walking his ball in!” When I really was trying to hurry up and mark the ball. 😂😂😂

How often do most of you think you make center contact on your putts? I bet it is less than you expect. If you are in that camp the Ai-One line of putters is here to help with that distance control on off center strikes. My last round out I had a 20’ putt that after I made the stroke and contact was made, off the toe, I started immediately walking to mark my ball. Well to my surprise the ball rolled out further than I expected and found the bottom of the cup. I was ridiculed by the other guys in the group with, “look at this guy walking his ball in!” When I really was trying to hurry up and mark the ball. 😂😂😂
I'm definitely not naive to the fact I miss the center of the putter face more often than I like. A problem I have and usually see the result as a putt that comes up way short. Glad you're seeing the Ai-One mitigate that miss.

Main highlight of my round today was the roll I was putting on the ball with my Ai One Milled 8T. Distance control was near autopilot mode. Burnt some edges and made some great second putts.

The balance and weight coupled with the feel off the face. Best putter I’ve ever gamed.

I'm definitely not naive to the fact I miss the center of the putter face more often than I like. A problem I have and usually see the result as a putt that comes up way short. Glad you're seeing the Ai-One mitigate that miss.
I'm seeing the same thing with the 7S. Mishit and immediately say "Oh, that's gotta go!", only to have it end up a lot closer to the cup than I thought it would.

The feel of the Double wide with the All-IN shaft is unbeatable. It gives such a great connection from your hands to the golf ball. I did not putt well last time out but the greens were quite a bit faster pace and I was not expecting it at all.

The feel of the Double wide with the All-IN shaft is unbeatable. It gives such a great connection from your hands to the golf ball. I did not putt well last time out but the greens were quite a bit faster pace and I was not expecting it at all.
That's one of the combinations I'm really intrigued about, the DW and the All-In. Played the Toulon Chicago in the past, and had some success with it. Really like the look over the ball with this size putter, and the stability of the All-In sounds really intriguing.

I can relate. Off center strikes get a better result than they deserve with the Ai One.

That's one of the combinations I'm really intrigued about, the DW and the All-In. Played the Toulon Chicago in the past, and had some success with it. Really like the look over the ball with this size putter, and the stability of the All-In sounds really intriguing.
The all in just makes everything feel so connected, if that makes sense

So my current gamer Milled T Two has been pretty consistent through the year. Putting is definitely improved and has spurred great finished all through spring this year. Close putts are drastically up. Easily 40%. Longer putts probably about 25%. Particularly just the aspect of really scaring the hole while not making the next putt stressful has been a major change.

Next to it is the Ai Jailbird which I tried old stuff-in to get. It hasn't been in full rotation yet. Quite simply the T Two owns that spot being in good form. Early on in the times out with jailbird distance has been great but accuracy has been a bit off. Obviously that’s not surprising with a new putter but it will probably be awhile before it gets a lot of meaningful rounds.

I think overall the tough thing is I’m probably strongest with a mallet but blade simplifies putting for me which I tend to complicate tbh. Hard to find a balance.

IMG_4287.jpeg

So my current gamer Milled T Two has been pretty consistent through the year. Putting is definitely improved and has spurred great finished all through spring this year. Close putts are drastically up. Easily 40%. Longer putts probably about 25%. Particularly just the aspect of really scaring the hole while not making the next putt stressful has been a major change.

Next to it is the Ai Jailbird which I tried old stuff-in to get. It hasn't been in full rotation yet. Quite simply the T Two owns that spot being in good form. Early on in the times out with jailbird distance has been great but accuracy has been a bit off. Obviously that’s not surprising with a new putter but it will probably be awhile before it gets a lot of meaningful rounds.

I think overall the tough thing is I’m probably strongest with a mallet but blade simplifies putting for me which I tend to complicate tbh. Hard to find a balance.

View attachment 9265895
I found a good balance for me to be something like a Double Wide. Not quite a blade, not quite a mallet. I like a blade for the connected feel, and the mallet for the balance and higher MOI which gets the ball rolling better for me.

I can relate. Off center strikes get a better result than they deserve with the Ai One.
It is comical to an extent. I find myself chuckling quite often on the green. Now I want to experiment and order a 6T. :ROFLMAO:

It is comical to an extent. I find myself chuckling quite often on the green. Now I want to experiment and order a 6T. :ROFLMAO:
ryan reynolds hd GIF

Once I start experimenting and trying different putters, I lose my mojo. Don't rock the boat, bro.

Two hours of putting practice today. One miss putt from 4 ft and in. A lot of made putts within 8ft. 8-12 ft: Left many for an easy tap in or was right on the lip. Made quite a few though. 12- 18 ft: Left only a few nervy second putt.

T Two milled appears to be getting really dialed in big time with a big weekend ahead next weekend.

I found a good balance for me to be something like a Double Wide. Not quite a blade, not quite a mallet. I like a blade for the connected feel, and the mallet for the balance and higher MOI which gets the ball rolling better for me.
I played the TH5K Triple Wide all last year, now playing the Ai-ONE 7S. In comparing the two, the 7S feels much more stable to me, especially on short putts - I'm more able to hit my intended start line and maintain face angle. Most often when I miss a putt with the 7S it's because of a bad read on my part, not that I pushed/pulled the putt. I'm a lot more confident with the 7S.

I played the TH5K Triple Wide all last year, now playing the Ai-ONE 7S. In comparing the two, the 7S feels much more stable to me, especially on short putts - I'm more able to hit my intended start line and maintain face angle. Most often when I miss a putt with the 7S it's because of a bad read on my part, not that I pushed/pulled the putt. I'm a lot more confident with the 7S.
I've always been a fan of that 7s fang shape. Great to have confidence in the putter!

Completed my first round with the jailbird mini. Stock. Didn’t have a single 3 putt for the round and ended with 31 in total. Without taking a lot of time to line up (right now my focus is more tempo of the swing and consistency of hits and not leaving stuff short), it felt good. I don’t know what the stock weight is in the bottom but I am going to add a little more to it to keep it a simpler pull back.

Really liking the feel of this thing in puts. I don’t feel the mishits I did with my Mizuno blade.

Back