Odyssey Ai One Cruiser Putters

Finally got to see the Jailbird Cruiser in person and it's going to be tough not to snap one of these up. I really like the visual/feel/concept - I hope I can convince the pro shop to let me take it out for a 9-hole demo or something.

Finally got to see the Jailbird Cruiser in person and it's going to be tough not to snap one of these up. I really like the visual/feel/concept - I hope I can convince the pro shop to let me take it out for a 9-hole demo or something.
No need for a demo, snag it up. It's legit a beast. The setup has always been perfect, but the Ai insert is insanely good.

Funnily enough in my search for a Jailbird think I saw your FB post and had a chuckle as I'm also East Sussex based so was felt your pain in trying to find one down here. Was lucky to stumble across 1 in stock at American golf which I also happen to have 10% graduate discount for. I'm a sucker for tour fad putters but coming from a love hate relationship with a Spider Tour this is probably the first putter I can understand why all the tour boys are putting variations of them in the bag, its just crazy stable.
Ha ! Well I'm pleased you got one and also welcome to THP.

I went to vGolf in Brighton and pretty much tried every pro shop between Portsmouth and there to see if they had one.... you did well to get one in American Golf - I looked online and they were out - didn't think to phone individual stores outside of my normal two local ones. So pleased I persevered - and plan to persevere on the course as well. Looks like eBay is seeing a bit of buyers remorse and 1-round usage as there are now 5-6 currently in auction / buy-it-now for list price - although none that are obvious p[rice gouging.

I'm only gutted that while I was in Guernsey two weeks ago both pro shops had sold their allocation as it would have been £220.

Last edited:
No need for a demo, snag it up. It's legit a beast. The setup has always been perfect, but the Ai insert is insanely good.
I liked the feel of the Ai WH quite a bit in the #7 I tried a few weeks ago, this might have to happen 🤔 . I thought it might feel awkward having that extra grip extending through the hands, but once I set-up and rolled a few with it I get it, especially for shorter putts when I tend to get pretty squirrely.

I liked the feel of the Ai WH quite a bit in the #7 I tried a few weeks ago, this might have to happen 🤔 . I thought it might feel awkward having that extra grip extending through the hands, but once I set-up and rolled a few with it I get it, especially for shorter putts when I tend to get pretty squirrely.
It creates an absolute stable putting stroke. Turns short putts in to gimmies.

I played mine for the first time yesterday. No time on the practice green. I had only rolled it in the shop. Unless it was a one off, lucky round, the Jailbird Cruiser is a cheat code. My current index is 4.9. My differential for my round yesterday was 5.6, so I almost shot my number. However, my ball striking was like a double digit index. My putting was like a scratch index. The Jailbird was almost automatic.

Funnily enough in my search for a Jailbird think I saw your FB post and had a chuckle as I'm also East Sussex based so was felt your pain in trying to find one down here. Was lucky to stumble across 1 in stock at American golf which I also happen to have 10% graduate discount for. I'm a sucker for tour fad putters but coming from a love hate relationship with a Spider Tour this is probably the first putter I can understand why all the tour boys are putting variations of them in the bag, its just crazy stable.
Welcome to the forum!

I played mine for the first time yesterday. No time on the practice green. I had only rolled it in the shop. Unless it was a one off, lucky round, the Jailbird Cruiser is a cheat code. My current index is 4.9. My differential for my round yesterday was 5.6, so I almost shot my number. However, my ball striking was like a double digit index. My putting was like a scratch index. The Jailbird was almost automatic.
That's a solid first round with it! Did you feel like the Ai-ONE face helped your distance control?

That's a solid first round with it! Did you feel like the Ai-ONE face helped your distance control?
I don’t know how to distinguish how each component of the entire putter contributed to performance, but I surely believe in the technology.

Managed to get out for 9 holes after work in thick fog (thank you British April weather). Shot 39 with 14 putts. First impressions is this thing is automatic from 2-7ft almost impossible to put a bad roll on a putt, just read the green correctly and its in. Longer putts, AI insert surprised me, was far firmer than I expected, much nicer feeling of the face than the mashmellowy monstrosity of the traditional white hot insert. Further pressure tests needed but think I'll be owing Rickie Fowler's caddy a pint for inventing this weapon.

Attachments

• 2nd Green.jpg
    2nd Green.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 3
Played my first 18 holes with mine today. Really pleased with it - super stable - made some 10-12ft putts with a lot more confidence than before and anything under 6-7ft were just dropping in. Need a little more work on much longer putts but I'm super excited about how this season is going to turn out using the Jailbird.

The Jailbird Cruiser is about as fool proof as you can get for a putter. I made some tester 5 footers today that I don’t think I normally would have made and also dropped in a 30 plus foot putt. It is lots of fun to feel confidence on the greens.

My buddy picked up his Ai-ONE #7 Cruiser at the course this morning right before our round. He rolled a few putts on the practice green and put it right into play, first thing he did with it was sink a 20' putt for birdie on the first hole we played. We were playing in a scramble tournament so I don't know what his total putts were, but he was threatening the hole with it all day, distance control was much better than his previous putter (Scotty Futura). He had the Scotty in his bag in case he struggled with the #7 Cruiser. The Scotty stayed in the bag all day, he wasn't even tempted to bring it out. I strongly suspect that the next time we play (on Monday), the Scotty will be relegated to his garage bag - he's pretty enamored and impressed with the #7 Cruiser.

I rolled a few putts with it on the practice green. Since I'm already playing an Ai-ONE 7S at 37", the feel was very familiar to me. The head on the Cruiser is slightly larger than the standard Ai-ONE head in both width and length, and is slightly heavier (380g for the Cruiser vs. 360g for the Ai-ONE). The difference is imperceptible to me at address, I only notice it when I put them side by side for direct comparison - we're talking a few mm in width and length. I feel like I could easily game his putter and/or switch back and forth between mine and his at random and be equally comfortable with either of them.

Uk based people, Foremost golf online seem to have stock of the Jailbird Cruiser. I not affiliated.
Only know as ordered one yesterday and got it today.
Previous putter was a ai7 ch which I have loved since launch. Played very well with it.
Took the Jailbird Cruiser out tonight for 9 holes and my word this thing is good. The added weight and the stability were great. Like someone above I can get a bit janky on short putts but this thing felt damn stable.
Tonight’s 9 was 1 over par gross with only 13 putts.

Update.
Played club comp this morning.
First time putting the jailbird out for 18 after only 9 yesterday.
Wow.
This thing is the real deal. Putting was fire for me.
Managed a gross -1 with 27 putts.
Will take something special to get this thing out of the bag.

I have contemplated and contemplated one of these. I took one out for a round and it was kind of a disaster. On the front I have 4 three putts. 😳

Back to the drawing board..

I have contemplated and contemplated one of these. I took one out for a round and it was kind of a disaster. On the front I have 4 three putts. 😳

Back to the drawing board..
I had a good round with it and can’t miss on my practice mat, but in two additional rounds, I am struggling with distance control.

I had a good round with it and can’t miss on my practice mat, but in two additional rounds, I am struggling with distance control.
I am not sure it is going to last. lol. Obviously doesn’t work for everyone. In the store I could miss. On the course, like you said, I really struggled with distance control.

I am not sure it is going to last. lol. Obviously doesn’t work for everyone. In the store I could miss. On the course, like you said, I really struggled with distance control.
I think the distance control can be figured out, but I don’t know that I want to try to trust it for the Vokey experience in a week.

Back