Odyssey DART Putter Reviews

I officially kept the DART in my bag as of this morning. It battled it out with the Spider Ghost and just flat out won its spot. I feel great about having a permanent spot in the bag for it as well. One thing it's done for me that no other putter has: confidence. I feel like I can hole putts from anywhere with the DART.

I thought that maybe I was leaning its way just b/c I am more familiar with the insert but then I thing that's discrediting this putter. I think everything about it works great for me. I'm more accurate with it, which speaks volumes about the alignment aid. I just trust it more.

I'm looking forward to a nice, long journey with Dirte'.

Good stuff bro. Ive officially made it official too. DART Vader is staying in my bag. My last three rounds have been some of my best for putting. Saturday I had 33 putts playing with golf4life, which isnt great but its not awful either. I had a lot of very good two putts. This putter has made me a much much better putter and even golf4life mentioned how much better it was.

Good stuff bro. Ive officially made it official too. DART Vader is staying in my bag. My last three rounds have been some of my best for putting. Saturday I had 33 putts playing with golf4life, which isnt great but its not awful either. I had a lot of very good two putts. This putter has made me a much much better putter and even golf4life mentioned how much better it was.

Dirte' and Dart Vader don't mess around. It's amazing how well that alignment system works, isn't it?

Dirte' and Dart Vader don't mess around. It's amazing how well that alignment system works, isn't it?

Almost every putt is within gimme range or it drops. Thats been the big difference so far is that Im actually making some longer putts. That was gone all year. I love seeing a few 15-20' putts drop.

Almost every putt is within gimme range or it drops. Thats been the big difference so far is that Im actually making some longer putts. That was gone all year. I love seeing a few 15-20' putts drop.

That's exactly what I'm seeing to buddy. It makes golfing easier. Period. Pretty sweet when you can say that about a putter.

What do you all think of a mid/long version of the DART

That's exactly what I'm seeing to buddy. It makes golfing easier. Period. Pretty sweet when you can say that about a putter.

It sure does. Im starting to stand over putts and instead of hoping its around the hole I expect it to drop. Im really starting to get the good with speed and direction is just stupid easy with the alignment system.

What do you all think of a mid/long version of the DART

I've never rolled it but I can tell you that the alignment aid rocks, as does the insert.

I've never rolled it but I can tell you that the alignment aid rocks, as does the insert.

Same here, wouldnt be caught dead with a long putter but if you have to Id think it would be good.

I can't see the video from work. Are the Dart's center-shafted or do also have a heel shafted version. I have the Odyssey Sabretooth, for the high moi properties, and I recently put a larger grip on it to "silence" my hands. But, the Darts are very interesting, regardless of the looks. I'm all about the results.

TC...putter covers are like brown paper bags. Put one on and the buttaface is gone. LOL!

Ive been meaning to bump this thread. Two weeks ago I took a few putters to the putting green after work for a mini shoot out. I had a few bad putting days and so I decided to give a couple putters a chance to kick Vader out of the bag. Along for the shoot out with Vader came a SeeMore but Im not sure which model. Its silver with a aluminum insert. And the other entry was the Ping Pick'em Up. I'll keep it simple because that is what I did for the shoot out. I put three balls down at about 5' because this is where putting starts to get a little harder for me. Anything closer then that I expect to make. After that I moved back to 10'. Then I did the same thing at various holes around the green for different angles and speed. I did a few lag putts too just for comparison but dont put a whole lot of stock in those. DART Vader destroyed! It wasnt even close. First three putts I did with Vader were all draino. When I moved back further I always made at least one with it. DART Vader wont be going anywhere. I still find it the easiest putter out there to align correctly. Add a nice midsize grip and its even better.

Ive been meaning to bump this thread. Two weeks ago I took a few putters to the putting green after work for a mini shoot out. I had a few bad putting days and so I decided to give a couple putters a chance to kick Vader out of the bag. Along for the shoot out with Vader came a SeeMore but Im not sure which model. Its silver with a aluminum insert. And the other entry was the Ping Pick'em Up. I'll keep it simple because that is what I did for the shoot out. I put three balls down at about 5' because this is where putting starts to get a little harder for me. Anything closer then that I expect to make. After that I moved back to 10'. Then I did the same thing at various holes around the green for different angles and speed. I did a few lag putts too just for comparison but dont put a whole lot of stock in those. DART Vader destroyed! It wasnt even close. First three putts I did with Vader were all draino. When I moved back further I always made at least one with it. DART Vader wont be going anywhere. I still find it the easiest putter out there to align correctly. Add a nice midsize grip and its even better.

Great to hear OEM, I've been really stuggling with my putting lately within 6 feet and I actually think its the putter and not me this time. A new putter is in the bag for my round today and I hope it fixes this problem.

Oem I love my dart! Its a great great putter

Great to hear OEM, I've been really stuggling with my putting lately within 6 feet and I actually think its the putter and not me this time. A new putter is in the bag for my round today and I hope it fixes this problem.

Spill the beans, which putter did you bring today? Probably not a DART but maybe you should try one. Alignment will not be your issue with a DART thats for sure. Its not easy to look at it I know but the results are very easy to look at.

Oem I love my dart! Its a great great putter

I do too. I'll have a bad day putting and think about switching putters. Soon as I putt with another putter I realize just how good the alignment is on the DART. It just makes putting easier.

Spill the beans, which putter did you bring today? Probably not a DART but maybe you should try one. Alignment will not be your issue with a DART thats for sure. Its not easy to look at it I know but the results are very easy to look at.

I've been looking at the dart to be honest and I think it could help. The TM-770 is out of the bag, and my trustworthy W/S 8876 is back in the bag for todays round. I just could not make a put within 8 feet with it and I think it is mostly a weighting issue. Its quite heavy and I found on shorter puts I stuggled with it. I'm going to start looking for a lighter face balanced putter and it the DART has such a model I could very well be in.

I've been looking at the dart to be honest and I think it could help. The TM-770 is out of the bag, and my trustworthy W/S 8876 is back in the bag for todays round. I just could not make a put within 8 feet with it and I think it is mostly a weighting issue. Its quite heavy and I found on shorter puts I stuggled with it. I'm going to start looking for a lighter face balanced putter and it the DART has such a model I could very well be in.

This is exactly why I struggled with the Spider Ghost, just felt way too heavy and everything close was left short. Good thing about the DART mallet is it comes with three weights, 350, 360 and 370 I believe. Ive left mine at 350 and I love it. Doesnt feel too heavy and I have no issues with leaving putts short all the time. Im pretty sure the DART mallet falls into the face balanced category too.

This is exactly why I struggled with the Spider Ghost, just felt way too heavy and everything close was left short. Good thing about the DART mallet is it comes with three weights, 350, 360 and 370 I believe. Ive left mine at 350 and I love it. Doesnt feel too heavy and I have no issues with leaving putts short all the time. Im pretty sure the DART mallet falls into the face balanced category too.

Thats good to hear Kevin, after my round today I am going to stop by Golftown and give them a roll again and see how I like them.

Thats good to hear Kevin, after my round today I am going to stop by Golftown and give them a roll again and see how I like them.

Good luck. Remember, it may not look good but it works.

That's a solid endorsement right there, OEM. Do you think the DART technology is the reason behind it being so good for you? Or is it a combo of a few things?

WOW!

I just left Dicks and tried out all of the Odyssey putters and I am amazed that the backstryke DART rolled the ball so well and felt so good doing it. I am a blade putter and have seen the backstryke many times before but discounted it due to style and looks, which I dont exactly care for.

The Backstryke would appear to have a lot to do with how good the ball feels coming off the face. I like getting sold on a particular technology that I once discounted.

JM, I picked up a BackStryke putter at Golfsmith last summer and thought it looked funky. Before I even put a ball in front of it I thought "this thing looks kinda silly, I bet its performance is horrible" and I threw a couple balls down to just see how rediculous this concept was. Wow, I was blown away. I am normally not a fan of inserts, but the Backstryke blew me away. Every single putt came off the putter so nicely. So imagine my excitement when I saw a BackStryke DART putter at Dicks like the one you tried. This was about 3 weeks ago and I was so excited to roll it I probably spent a good 15 minutes just hitting those dinky little 5 footers which is all you have room for on those greens, but it felt so good. I never thought I would like an insert putter, especially one as funky looking as the BackStryke, but Odyssey realy blew me away with this one. If this is available for the Morgan Cup it is going to get some serious consideration from me.

Absolutely agree. I was skeptical also, then for some reason, every single time I went in a store I picked one up and the ball would go exactly where I wanted it to. I finally broke down and bought a like new one from callaway.com for like $60 off. It has become my favorite putter and is one of the big reasons why I am so excited and proud that I get to play Callaway equipment at the MC. These are some of the best putters on the market.

Just going back and catching up on this thread since my new White Ice DART belly is on the way. All of your reviews sound spot-on with everything I have experienced in demo'ing this guy. I am really excited to get this stick and get to know her.

The oddessey dart is in my bag with a Winnlite Jumbo grip. I've never putted with any other putter like I have with this thing. The alignment aid is easy to point in the right direction and the bigger grip takes the hand action out of the stroke. I sold my other putter (Nike Method) last week because I didn't need it anymore!

Back