Odyssey DART Putter Reviews

The oddessey dart is in my bag with a Winnlite Jumbo grip. I've never putted with any other putter like I have with this thing. The alignment aid is easy to point in the right direction and the bigger grip takes the hand action out of the stroke. I sold my other putter (Nike Method) last week because I didn't need it anymore!

Nice! Good to hear your thoughts, I agree that for us with larger hands grip size is paramount.

Been shopping for a new putter since I decided to sell my MP Craft on Ebay and these putters caught my eye. I actually went to Golfsmith with every intention of coming home with a 2-Ball Blade but I tried the D.A.R.T. Blade and totally fell in love with it. For me, it feels like a blade but seems to be more forgiving and its super easy to align. With the weighing that it has, I feel like it has just as much MOI as a mallet but my mind still feels like Im putting something familiar because I dont feel like Im putting with a mallet.
Ive never been a big fan of Odysseys but Im liking this D.A.R.T. a lot so far.

It's kinda funny reading this thread. How long does "staying in the bag" really mean? 6 months?

Been shopping for a new putter since I decided to sell my MP Craft on Ebay and these putters caught my eye. I actually went to Golfsmith with every intention of coming home with a 2-Ball Blade but I tried the D.A.R.T. Blade and totally fell in love with it. For me, it feels like a blade but seems to be more forgiving and its super easy to align. With the weighing that it has, I feel like it has just as much MOI as a mallet but my mind still feels like Im putting something familiar because I dont feel like Im putting with a mallet.
Ive never been a big fan of Odysseys but Im liking this D.A.R.T. a lot so far.

I have the blade as well. I switched the weight to the heaviest awhile ago but i think its going back to whatever was in it the first time. I seem to be missing more putts now. Good putter.

I have the blade as well. I switched the weight to the heaviest awhile ago but i think its going back to whatever was in it the first time. I seem to be missing more putts now. Good putter.
Thats the beauty of it. You can put it whichever weight fits you the best and fine-tune the putter to you.

Thats the beauty of it. You can put it whichever weight fits you the best and fine-tune the putter to you.

I threw the heavier weight in mine the other day, and I have been putting better, still struggling with deceleration though

I need some more work with my DART putter. It seems lately that I'm either lights out with it, or I can't make a thing. I'm also much better with it from say 20 feet than I am from 5 feet but I think with practice it really could be the best putter for me as it is just so darn easy to align.

I'm really good with it from long distances. But struggle with mid range putts. I think more my aiming then anything. However since changing the weight to the heaviest I have lost some distance control and seem to put to much on the short putts.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

I need some more work with my DART putter. It seems lately that I'm either lights out with it, or I can't make a thing. I'm also much better with it from say 20 feet than I am from 5 feet but I think with practice it really could be the best putter for me as it is just so darn easy to align.

This is where I am right now CB. My alignment is spot on, and my lags have been solid but from about 8 feet in I have been struggling quite a bit.

This is where I am right now CB. My alignment is spot on, and my lags have been solid but from about 8 feet in I have been struggling quite a bit.
I think its just practice. I'm going to spend some time on the practice green and I think a few hours of practice and it will be all set.

I think its just practice. I'm going to spend some time on the practice green and I think a few hours of practice and it will be all set.

Ya this week I am going to head to the practice area with my wedges and putter only and practice practice practice

It's kinda funny reading this thread. How long does "staying in the bag" really mean? 6 months?
Or until you find something that works better!

I think this one will stay in my bag for a while, as the one I got in 1999/2000 (SeeMore FGP Bronze) was in my bag until 2010, then was in the bag about half the time until I got this. (It shared time with the FGP Black, which was in my bag the last 9 months or so before I got the #7.

I think with practice it really could be the best putter for me as it is just so darn easy to align.
I can agree with that. I tried just about every other blade putting there is before I pulled the trigger on the dart but its just so easy to align and aim with.

Or until you find something that works better!
^This. I always seem to tell myself that a club is going to stay in the bag a while, then I start to struggle with it or find something that I want more and *poof* its gone.

Really pondering the tour black version of the DART with the white ice insert and wanted to thank everyone for commenting on their experiences..

I haven't had a big mallet since my 2-ball days, and am excited about the idea of having one as an option.

Really pondering the tour black version of the DART with the white ice insert and wanted to thank everyone for commenting on their experiences..

I haven't had a big mallet since my 2-ball days, and am excited about the idea of having one as an option.

Soooo, first session with this on the putting green and I have to say, I am very very pleasantly surprised.

Roll is really solid, and the DART alignment is really kind of hard to screw up.. Hopefully this isn't a honeymoon, because Scotty is watching from the sidelines right now!

I think Kmac has that putter. I still roll mine in the basement often. Like you said, it's hard to not properly align a golf ball with it.

I think Kmac has that putter. I still roll mine in the basement often. Like you said, it's hard to not properly align a golf ball with it.

Your backstryke DART? I thought about that one for a while, but got a great deal on the LE tour black which I thought had a unique look to it..

Nice to hear something you'd have kicking around for a year still pulls your interest from time to time!

Yeah, I have the BS version. I get it out all the time dude. It definitely outlasted the Spider Ghost.

Yeah, I have the BS version. I get it out all the time dude. It definitely outlasted the Spider Ghost.

I think it does a great job of being a big mallet without feeling like a big mallet, if that makes any sense.. Trumping the Spider ghost eh? Legit!!!

I just started using a 34 inch Backstryke Putter and cannot say enough good. I put a Superstroke Slim Light grip on it and immediately started putting better. The last 3 people I have played with have all commented on how nice a roll I make. (People I did not know, I show up as a single often) My alignment still is questionable but I am now rolling the ball on a straight line with a very nice roll. This putter/grip combo total cost new (ebay retailer) was about $100. Some say it's ugly, I think the black and white head with the black and white superstroke grip looks OK and the results are amazing. Once I start reading greens better I am confident putting will be a strong point of my game. Distance control off this face is really good as well. If you are struggling like I was and keep throwing money at new putters this one is definately worth a look!

I have been putting really well with the odyssey #9 you sold me but last night I grabbed the DART out of my room and rolled it in the living room, it is just fun because its so easy to line up, speed was a bit off with this heavier head but it is a fun putter

Back