Off Course with Ian and Mike from Club Champion Canada

Effing love Mike talking about handing someone something that fits them great too early on. 😆 That it can limit their fitting experience. You get a feel for what's going to work for them really quickly sometimes, but I've had feedback about this and had to work around it in different ways. Take them on a little tour of things first and then arrive at what you knew what going to be best for them all along.

So in this instance, if you see them hit something you know is going to work, will you quickly switch them out of it so they can have a full fitting experience then come back to that club at the end?

I’ve had to listen to a little here and little there. Finally finished it a little bit ago. This one is one is your best, Dan. The talk about dynamic lie is something I don’t know that I’ve heard anything about. I also identify with being unable to describe what I’m feeling in the swing. This episode will get another listen.

So in this instance, if you see them hit something you know is going to work, will you quickly switch them out of it so they can have a full fitting experience then come back to that club at the end?
I meant you know by seeing them hit something else. Even their own in warmup. I will take something away from someone that's turned out to be great to get other things in their hands and circle back though too. There's a million ways to do it. A lot of times I'll joke with them about it and tell them I know but I'm going to make sure they feel like they get what they're paying for, take them on a tour, little sample plate, learn some stuff, I'll just write down your perfect fit over here in my super secret folder and we can get to it whenever you're ready.. lol That type of stuff. I love the banter and everyone having a good time.

It's as much about the experience for some as it is the club fit. And I get that it's easier for a mind to have more confidence in what they get or chose when they have a a more thorough comparison.

Great episode @Canadan, you have found your niche, I hope you’re head doesn’t swell too much but have to say you do a great job interviewing golf industry insiders.

Easily Top 5 Off Course of all time. Ian and Mike were great! Loved the “you’re not good enough to not get fit” line. Hits home for sure

I’m gonna have to remember to mark this one as Unplayed a few times so I can keep going back. So much good stuff in this one I’m worried I missed a nugget with all the good stuff being tossed around.

PSO if you have not given this one a listen you are missing out. Great show.

Listened on Friday during my drive down to NC and will be doing so again on the drive back tomorrow so much good stuff. Shaft as a timing device not huge on spin and launch conditions. Ball better for spin and best to use premium ball even if last years for savings.

Just finished up and really liked this one Mr. Canadan- thanks!

Especially enjoyed the talk about the ball being one of the least thought about pieces of fitting. When I first started playing it was definitely whatever was hot, and I’d bounce around all year. Through THP and folks like Ian and Mike
I’ve realized I was overlooking a huge piece of the puzzle.

This was a great show. Thanks to all three folks who took the time to make it happen.

i like the idea of strokes gained vs numbers. As someone who tried to chase perfect numbers i can appreciate that

I thought it was interesting the idea of the shaft impacting left/right ball flight more than height

Just firing it up. I expect it will be a good episode, eh?

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Just firing it up. I expect it will be a good episode, eh?
Legendary status imo. Something I think anybody that has gone through a fitting or is considering one should listen to.

Legendary status imo. Something I think anybody that has gone through a fitting or is considering one should listen to.
Lots of knowledge obviously and excited to see what they are seeing for 2024.

Back