Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with Magic Johnson. I think game 7 is an all out brawl. I do agree if LeBron sets the tone they are a much better team. He has to impose a physical will against the Celtics. If not, the C's will win. If he sets the tone, the Heat win.

Quietly, Pierce had a horrid game tonight. Not good. He'll need to bounce back in Game 7 if they want to have a chance.

Quietly, Pierce had a horrid game tonight. Not good. He'll need to bounce back in Game 7 if they want to have a chance.

Agreed. Terrible showing, especially when compared to last game. I think he'll come out hot in game 7 though, he just has too much heart not to.

Wow. I just learned that MJ, the ultimate closer, has a record below .500 in elinination games. And a scoring average in those games below that of LBJ in case anyone cared.

Wow. I just learned that MJ, the ultimate closer, has a record below .500 in elinination games. And a scoring average in those games below that of LBJ in case anyone cared.

Finals series records

LBJ: 0-2
MJ: 6-0

Finals series records

LBJ: 0-2
MJ: 6-0

Pretty much sums it up right there.
Now does every LBJ fan see why the comparisons keep coming up in here? :bulgy-eyes:
(when there is absolutely no reason)

Please, please, PLEASE, don't compare LeBron to Jordan until his list of achievements looks a little more like this:

• 6-time NBA champion: 1991-93, 1996-98 (all with Chicago Bulls)
  • First Team: 1987-93, 1996-98[SUP][8][/SUP][SUP][9][/SUP]
  • Second Team: 1985[SUP][8][/SUP][SUP][9][/SUP]
  • First Team: 1988-93, 1996-98[SUP][10][/SUP][SUP][11][/SUP]
  • First Team: 1985[SUP][12][/SUP][SUP][13][/SUP]
  • Runner-up in 1985
[h=3][edit]Thank you!!!!!!!![/h]

Still the MJ comparisons. People need to lay off the pipe.

great game by Lebron....still hate him though

great game by Lebron....still hate him though
I'm certainly not a Lebron fan, but I stand in amazement every time he pulls out one of these types of games in the playoffs. He may not be clutch, but he sure puts up a great performance in the other 3 quarters when he needs to!

After looking at MJ's list I stil lcan't believe Lebron never competed in a dunk contest.

I think LeBron is the most physically gifted player in the league. I think Kevin Durant is the best player in the league.

After looking at MJ's list I stil lcan't believe Lebron never competed in a dunk contest.

Me neither. I think he'd be rather good at it. Seems spoiled not to. Give the fams a show!

Dunk Contest (for the most part) = Popularity contest.

I think LeBron is the most physically gifted player in the league. I think Kevin Durant is the best player in the league.
Durant is the best scorer in the league but LeBron is by far the best all around player in the league.

I think Lebron goes HAM again tomorrow night and gets some more help from Wade and Co and they take this game at home. Then they will get housed by OKC in 6 games.

Can't believe Kobe doesn't have a dog in this fight. He's right there with LBJ and KD

To me, what separates LeBron (I know he's not as good of a finisher as Durant and Kobe) is his ability to dominate on both sides of the ball. No one else in the NBA can defend all 5 positions like he can.

I think Lebron goes HAM again tomorrow night and gets some more help from Wade and Co and they take this game at home. Then they will get housed by OKC in 6 games.

Im on the opposite side of the spectrum. I still think James can win the title this year.

Im on the opposite side of the spectrum. I still think James can win the title this year.
If Bosh was healthy I would completely agree with you, but I think this series is going to be won or lost in the paint, and I have no idea how Miami plans to stop OKC down low.

If Bosh was healthy I would completely agree with you, but I think this series is going to be won or lost in the paint, and I have no idea how Miami plans to stop OKC down low.

Neither Ibaka nor Perkins are great on offense, so I don't think it's going to be a huge deal. I don't think Wade is all that healthy right now (I don't know how else you explain how he has been playing this postseason), so Lebron is just gonna have a monster series for them to have a chance (assuming they win tomorrow).

Neither Ibaka nor Perkins are great on offense, so I don't think it's going to be a huge deal. I don't think Wade is all that healthy right now (I don't know how else you explain how he has been playing this postseason), so Lebron is just gonna have a monster series for them to have a chance (assuming they win tomorrow).

Nope they are not monsters but the heat don't have anyone who can defend them. I think they are the difference in the series.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

So there's absolutely no reason to play the game tomorrow night, apparently the Thunder already know who they will be playing in the Finals. Screengrab from the Thunder's online store:

large.jpg

So there's absolutely no reason to play the game tomorrow night, apparently the Thunder already know who they will be playing in the Finals. Screengrab from the Thunder's online store:

large.jpg

Lol nice find Ary. This will make the NBA conspiracy theory people happy.

Nope they are not monsters but the heat don't have anyone who can defend them. I think they are the difference in the series.

Agreed. I think KG/Bass > Ibaka/Perkins on offense, and KG and Bass have been lighting the Heat up and keeping the Celtics in a lot of these games. I agree that there's a lot resting on Bosh's health.

Respectfully disagree. Scotty Brooks gained tons of knowledge from Rudy T about adjustments while he got his rings in Houston. I just think the Heat get out coached and OKC certainly have solid players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back