Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Paul can't shoot?

Sure he can. Derrick Rose cant though. Neither could Jason Kidd or Magic Johnson early on in their careers.

Seeing JoJo, Tommy and Cornbread is nice.

I like watching Iguodala play.. Solid all around player IMO.

Lots of PG cant shoot. Its a lost art in todays game. In fact some of the best PG ever couldnt shoot a lick until later in their career. Heck the best PG in the game right now cant shoot.

Rose is a pretty good shooter. He's improved that area of his game by a ton recently. CP3 can shoot. DWill (best PG IMO) can shoot. Nash can shoot. Westbrook can shoot. I'd say the vast majority of good PGs can shoot jumpers pretty well.

Sure he can. Derrick Rose cant though. Neither could Jason Kidd or Magic Johnson early on in their careers.

All of this I agree with. Magic even talked about it a few nights ago on ESPN, how he developed a good shot later in his career.

Seeing JoJo, Tommy and Cornbread is nice.

Tommy does the "color analysis" on the local broadcasts of the Celtics games when they play in Boston, it is HIGH comedy. Every foul on the Celtics is a travesty in his mind.

All of this I agree with. Magic even talked about it a few nights ago on ESPN, how he developed a good shot later in his career.

Magic spoke about the very thing a few nights ago too. Spoke of Rondo, Parker and Rose as an example.
Its a lost art nowadays that some fans dont realize. In years past, the true PG was a work of art. Now its all penetration and isolation with kickout exceptions. Its a shame, but I think you will see some rule changes coming up soon.

I agree with you JB in the sense that it's a lost art. Just from watching tapes of Magic and Cousy and other great PGs of the past, man were they unbelievable. I wish I could have watched Magic live. I think he might be the GOAT. Maybe not, but close.

A good solid pass or execution doesn't make it on ESPN's top 10 plays every night like a dunk :confused2:

Tommy does the "color analysis" on the local broadcasts of the Celtics games when they play in Boston, it is HIGH comedy. Every foul on the Celtics is a travesty in his mind.

Doesnt Cornbread still do color as well?

The days of the midrange jumper. Anyway what a boring game so far.

If Jesus can't score, he might need to sit.

If Jesus can't score, he might need to sit.

Was just about to say this, his ankle has to be in really bad shape. He can't guard anyone, and now he's missing wide open jumpers.

Was just about to say this, his ankle has to be in really bad shape. He can't guard anyone, and now he's missing wide open jumpers.

Good news is that Pierce wants the ball. If Rondo can get it to him, he should pick up the slack. Its sad seeing Jesus playing like this.

All I know is 00 needs to stop shooting for the sixers. He's building a house with all those bricks.

The Sixers are really not being patient at the moment. They are taking hasty, desperate shots and most of them are just not falling. This is a meh kind of game at the moment...

Good news is that Pierce wants the ball. If Rondo can get it to him, he should pick up the slack. Its sad seeing Jesus playing like this.

This is where the Avery Bradley injury is just horrible for the Celtics if they get past this game, he would have also been the one to guard D-Wade in the next series. Now you'll have to have Ray Allen start on Wade, with other bench guys trying to guard him. Wade could go for 40 per game if he wants to in the next series, and take the pressure off of LeBron to carry the load.

All I know is 00 needs to stop shooting for the sixers. He's building a house with all those bricks.

A mansion at this point. It was a house in the first quarter lol.

First one to 70 wins.....

This is where the Avery Bradley injury is just horrible for the Celtics if they get past this game, he would have also been the one to guard D-Wade in the next series. Now you'll have to have Ray Allen start on Wade, with other bench guys trying to guard him. Wade could go for 40 per game if he wants to in the next series, and take the pressure off of LeBron to carry the load.

No question. You watch Jesus and he looks like he is almost afraid to shoot it right now. We are talking about one of the best jump shooters of all time and he is missing by feet, not inches.

Jesus found his shot!

That was an interesting call.

Bye bye, Pierce. Might have been late on that though.

Pierce fouls out with 4 minutes to go. This game is all on Rondo and KG to bring it home.

That three might have been the dagger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back