Official 2011 Club Test w/Hanks in FL + Contest

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
During the first weekend in November I will be making a trip to the THP Compound in FL to do some serious club testing. This will be the official thread and the place where you will be able to see my updates (real-time) and read a summary of each day's events along with my findings of each piece of equipment.

Submit your requests, ask questions, etc about what equipment you want to know about or want me to spend some time with right here. It can be about anything..putters, drivers, wedges, shafts, irons, balls, etc. This thorough testing will be done by playing 54 holes in a 2 day stretch as well as tons of range time. Testing will be done on all the latest and the greatest pieces of equipment including but not limited to Cleveland's entire 2011 lineup, Callaway's Diablo Octane driver, Nike's new 2011 clubs, the new Bridgestone golf balls, as well as some new UST Attas T2 shafts. If you're going to be in the area and would like to join us on the range for some 'power testing' we'd love to see you too.

At the conclusion of the weekend, we will be announcing a contest where you will receive one of the items that I tested. And there may be multiple winners too! More details on that to follow after the weekend but the more requests, questions, and interest received the better the prize will be!

Needless to say I'm going to need my own personal spa day after the amount of range balls I intend to hit along with the number of rounds of golf I intend to play but this will be well worth it and will be fun to follow along as the weekend approaches, comes, and passes.

View me as your personal golf concierge for the weekend so put me to work for you!

This is an awesome opportunity for you Hanks ( and for us who are unable to attend as well) I look forward to your feedback and will try to com up with a few questions for you as we get closer to your trip!!.

I would like you to test JB's patience.

...and the Mizuno mp-11s with spinner shafts! And the Adams pro black! And the Bridgestone j38 driver! And... and... and...

Wow, what a sweet gig! I think one of the things you have to cover is a little wedge shootout. Would love to hear some feedback on performance of the many new wedges head to head: Mizuno 11s, Cleveland 16s, Jaws, etc....

I would like you to test JB's patience.

...and the Mizuno mp-11s with spinner shafts! And the Adams pro black! And the Bridgestone j38 driver! And... and... and...

He is currently testing those right now. (wedges that is)

That's my job. ; )

haha, I want you to get a second chance on the hotdog bet with normal buns!! And no pet help!

He is currently testing those right now. (wedges that is)

I suppose all I had to do was look at his signature haha... I just named off all of the things I want right now... Add the Speedline 9064 with Alpha RIP.

awesome Hanks. I will start thinking of things I would like to build on from the outing. I would say test the mashie out some more and let me know how you like it, but I already know how awesome it is :act-up:

Giving that you just did a review not too long ago on the Miyazaki C kua, I wouldn't mind having a comparison between that and the Kusala series, if that is possible.

I plan to get to know the Mashie very well. Heck I'm going to sleep with it if I can

awesome Hanks. I will start thinking of things I would like to build on from the outing. I would say test the mashie out some more and let me know how you like it, but I already know how awesome it is :act-up:

Giving that you just did a review not too long ago on the Miyazaki C kua, I wouldn't mind having a comparison between that and the Kusala series, if that is possible.

I vote for Scratch irons. :D

Sure. We will call the company on Tuesday and see if they will send some over. We have the wedges here now he can try.

I plan to get to know the Mashie very well. Heck I'm going to sleep with it if I can

please don't let that club we the one given away in a contest...

Here are a couple of actual questions about what you'll likely hit Hanks..

1 - Of the wedges you bang around, which did you find to have the best weight? I know the new Mizzies are quite a bit heavier than my current TPs from TM... Do you find the extra weight is a benefit, or do you prefer the wedges that are a bit lighter?

2 - You currently game a voodoo shaft. What are your swing tendencies with a driver, and which Miyazaki do you prefer, or at minimum, swings the most like your current shaft?

Congrats hanks, sounds like a blast. After my fun today with a couple THP'ers I need all the info possible on irons.

haha, I want you to get a second chance on the hotdog bet with normal buns!! And no pet help!

I suppose all I had to do was look at his signature haha... I just named off all of the things I want right now... Add the Speedline 9064 with Alpha RIP.

I saw one of these break today about 2" up from the hosel. Club is 2 weeks old =(

+1 on this!!

What an awesome opportunity Hanks! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Hanks, I want to know what you think of the new Burners and if you like them better than your current irons. Also, the Mashie or whatever it's called.

SuperTri w/ C.Kua vs. Cleveland DST 270 w/ C. Kua vs. Superfast TP w/ C. Kua

This is an easy one for now.....check out my ongoing thoughts on the Burners on the Burner 2.0 testing thread.

Any specific things you want me to compare between the 2 sets? I pretty much already have done this in my head since I've been playing both but if there's something you really want to see/know I'll do it
Hanks, I want to know what you think of the new Burners and if you like them better than your current irons. Also, the Mashie or whatever it's called.

Back