Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the biggest joke i have ever heard, the sec fluffs their records with terrible teams.

I'd play a couple of powderpuff teams too if I were any one of the SEC coaches. Knowing that you are going to be playing powerhouse teams for weeks on end at one point or another in your schedule means that your gonna need fresh players and time to prep. Take Tennessee for example. Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State, Alabama, and South Carolina all in a 6 week period. I would've scheduled Akron for the free slot in that stretch too!

whats that? 1st in the country in graduation success rate and playing for the national title. No big deal. Truth is notre dame doesnt need a conference, they dont need any help.

They're gonna need help after the NC game alright. Help from that graduation rate that you spoke of and probably some stretchers also to be exact. Those southern men are probably going to decommission several of those catholic boys in January. Saban already has plans laid out for Manti Te'o, I guarantee that. And they probably won't bode well for the golden child.

You want to talk about overrated? Manti fits that bill.

You want to talk about overrated? Manti fits that bill.

The guy is good, dude. But Heisman caliber players can't be stopped...period. I think Alabama will do more than stop him. They just might hurt his feelings. Proving at the same time just what you said.

Pitt stopped him. They got a body on him all game.

Pitt is no Bama!

Whoa sec fan boys galore in here. Ill just let my irish do the talking. The tide is going out on bama.
image.png

I love it. You could not respond to any of the real posts showing facts, stats and other things so put up this. I would bet the farm I was right on the age factor, so with that being said, I will bow out of this one. AND FWIW, no SEC fan here, I went to an ACC school.

Disclaimer... for all Notre Dame fans out there. I hate Notre Dame with a passion. That's all there is to it. Nothing will ever change my views on them. If you are a Notre Dame fan then I am of course going to try and mess with you as much as I can. It's all just playful banter as you are a THP'er and that trumps the fact that you have made a mistake in life by choosing to be a Catfighting Irish fan. I mean no disrespect to any of you while I trash your team on here. As well I will take no offense to you talking smack about my Vols...heck, they deserve it right now!!!

Just wanted to get that out there as I see that it's been getting a bit ugly in here. It's all fun and my love for a THP'er of any type outweighs my disdain for your team. No hard feelings please! Thank you!!!

Or he loved the Arkansas money more. He went from a BCS contender to a team that will never be better than 3rd in it's own division. Granted that's what Wisco was this year, Arkansas could only offer him something that WI couldn't. Greenbacks.

Eventually the bubble will burst and the conference will come back to reality. College football goes in cycles like that.

I'm just gonna throw out that divisions within conferences also run in cycles. Arkansas will certainly be a contender, maybe even as often as Wisconson.

Oh man, this thread provided a great laugh this morning.

I love it. You could not respond to any of the real posts showing facts, stats and other things so put up this. I would bet the farm I was right on the age factor, so with that being said, I will bow out of this one. AND FWIW, no SEC fan here, I went to an ACC school.

And I wouldn't ever make too much fun of you for that fact either, JB... At least you didn't go to the one and only ___?___ conference school.

Bielema pretty much sold Wisconsin out. He wants to get paid. He wants his assistant coaches to get paid. He wants state of the art practice facilities. He basically wants a school that is going to put athletics first and spends a bajillion dollars in order to win on the field and thats not Wisconsin.
Wisconsin is a small school in a small town in the middle of nowhere and simply doesnt have that kind of resources.
Best of luck to you in the SEC, Brett. Im going to venture a guess that in about 5 years you will be out at Arkansas because as a coach you simply arent good enough to get it done. Bielema's mistakes in managing the game have cost Wisconsin some wins and thats only going to be magnified in the SEC. Meanwhile, Wisconsin is going to find someone who actually wants to coach at Wisconsin and we're going to move on and be just fine without you.
It sounds like Barry Alvarez wants to go with a Wisconsin guy: someone who has ties to the university, wants to be there for the long term and isnt going to use Wisconsin as a stepping stone to a job in the SEC. It sounds like Seattle Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrel Bevell is a leading candidate for the job and in the meantime, Ive heard rumors that Barry will come out of retirement to coach the game.

Uhhhh. UW-Madison has over 40,000 people enrolled and the city of Madison has more than double the population of Tuscaloosa.

The money from Arkansas was just too good to pass up.

Uhhhh. UW-Madison has over 40,000 people enrolled and the city of Madison has more than double the population of Tuscaloosa.

Blu,
Stop clouding the thread with facts and real information.

ND fans are like roaches. Where have they all been for the past 10 years.

Really? Who does it for the money???

I think he made a huge mistake. If he is crying about Urban Meyer and his recruiting he hasn't seen anything yet. He's in way over his head.

UGH! I know. Almost as bad as Cowboy fans! I was not so bad when the ND love was confined to NBC but now every sports station has jumped on board the ND train and it makes me sick to my stomach.

It's not ND's fault. It took Lou that long to come up with a good enough motivational speech to kick em' in the rear.

These Notre Dame fans are almost as annoying as those darn Steelers fans...

:alien:

I think he made a huge mistake. If he is crying about Urban Meyer and his recruiting he hasn't seen anything yet. He's in way over his head.

I don't have anything against Bielema, and I think it was a good hire for Arkansas, but from what I was hearing on local radio yesterday, it sounds like Bielema is one of those guys who will complain about most anything that doesn't go his or his teams way. Big Ten fans can obviously speak to that better, but if that's the case, he better put on his big boy pants to come to the football culture he just hired into.

The two examples given were the comment about Urban Meyer and recruiting and some comments about the "physical" play from one of his last SEC bowl opponents.

It's not ND's fault. It took Lou that long to come up with a good enough motivational speech to kick em' in the rear.

In Lou's defense, he came up with the speech 10 years ago, but it took him that long to deliver it :act-up:

Best way to handle the ND homer posts? Read them in a Lout Hotlltthhh voice with a lithp.

Try it, it will crack you up.

Pitt fans are still freaking out about Paul Chryst potentially leaving for Wisky despite him releasing a statement yesterday reaffirming his commitment. I think Chryst knows that he has something special brewing at Pitt as I think he's about to get a number of high profile recruits to commit.

Todd Graham has ruined our spirits.

I has some issues with ND playing in the BCS national championship game but I will probably cheer for them due to my extreme hatred for everything Bammer. The 4 team playoff that will be effective in 2014 will ensure ND has to play a real team before being selected to play in the national title game and I can't wait.

It doesn't even sound like it was that much money, though. His salary is going from $2.6 million to $3.2 million. Frankly, I'm shocked if Wisconsin could not match that kind of offer. Now, he may have incentives and likely raises that pad his salary more, but its still not that big of a jump.

Sounds to me like he wanted the money to hire good assistants, and a chance to test himself against the best coaches in the game.

I just remember him getting worked up over Urban recruiting committed players. I'm not sure he knows what he's getting into in the SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back