Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of bad conferences, the Big 10 and ACC. Do they ever have any notable out-of-conference wins? I thought we had one against Auburn early this year, but I guess not lol.

TH - The stat he's selectively choosing is the longest CONTINUOUS rivalry. All of those must have taken a year off or so.

I believe Lehigh might have something to say about that though. What have they played their rival every year since the 19th century?

Speaking of bad conferences, the Big 10 and ACC. Do they ever have any notable out-of-conference wins? I thought we had one against Auburn early this year, but I guess not lol.

I think FSU has had a few notable out of conference wins in their years. This year FSU struggled with the big ones, but in years past, they have done pretty well against UF and others.

TH - The stat he's selectively choosing is the longest CONTINUOUS rivalry. All of those must have taken a year off or so.

Yeah, ND-Navy probably moves up the list since a lot of teams took at least one year off during the Wary, but Minnesota-Wisoncons (1890), South Carolina-Clemson (1909) and Georgia-Georgia Tech (1925) have all been played every year, for longer than ND-Navy. I'm sure there are others; those are just 3 I found with a quick search.

what? did you read any of my posts? all ive been saying is facts, and stats. what does age have anything to do with it? Because i wasnt alive when the longest continuing rivalry in college football started in 1927 (nd vs navy), i somehow dont know anything about college football? Your question is what makes a rivalry. History, thats what makes a rivalry game. Rivalries dont have to be about hate. But we have those too.

How is it a rivalry when ND leads the series 71-12 or something and won 43 straight at one time.... Do ND fans really get pumped up for the Navy game?

That rivalry sure must be exciting. If I went to ND, i would rather study to try and keep the 99% placement rate (Which is a whole discussion in it self) than go to that game knowing it should be a blow out.

Graduation placement rate (referring to your TV screen shot previously) stats are a completely skewed JOKE btw.

Does anyone other than Army and Air Force get pumped to play Navy?

I saw the unis for Army and Navy, should be an interesting looking field this year for sure!

Does anyone other than Army and Air Force get pumped to play Navy?

They may get pumped up, but more often than not, Navy wipes the floor with them. (swabs the deck?)

They may get pumped up, but more often than not, Navy wipes the floor with them. (swabs the deck?)

That is true. Army usually forgets to show up or they get lost in the snow.

I saw what you did there btw

Ryan Wood ‏@AUBlog
Gus Malzahn said he'd start working immediately. He has. Per@PMARSHONAU, Malzahn offered USC DC Ellis Johnson same job at#Auburn.

Ha Ha! I love that he referred to Johnson as "USC DC" and not "Winless (and just fired) USM head coach." USM debacle aside, Johnson has been an excellent DC at multiple SEC schools, and I think he would be a great hire.

Ryan Wood ‏@AUBlog
Gus Malzahn said he'd start working immediately. He has. Per@PMARSHONAU, Malzahn offered USC DC Ellis Johnson same job at#Auburn.

Ha Ha! I love that he referred to Johnson as "USC DC" and not "Winless (and just fired) USM head coach." USM debacle aside, Johnson has been an excellent DC at multiple SEC schools, and I think he would be a great hire.

In another tweet, Malzahn has apparently decided start fresh with his entire staff.

Ryan Wood ‏@AUBlog
#Auburn football coach Gus Malzahn has released all assistant coaches remaining from Gene Chizik's staff, SID Kirk Sampson confirmed.

In another tweet, Malzahn has apparently decided start fresh with his entire staff.

Ryan Wood ‏@AUBlog
#Auburn football coach Gus Malzahn has released all assistant coaches remaining from Gene Chizik's staff, SID Kirk Sampson confirmed.

That's semi-correct. The assistants on staff will have the opportunity to be retained once O and D Coordinators are hired. Usually the way it goes with assistants. While I am not a Trooper fan, loosing him will really, really kill our recruiting class.

That's semi-correct. The assistants on staff will have the opportunity to be retained once O and D Coordinators are hired. Usually the way it goes with assistants. While I am not a Trooper fan, loosing him will really, really kill our recruiting class.

Yep, you're right...the al.com story explains it much better.

Yep, you're right...the al.com story explains it much better.
Technically, they were all released when Chizik was fired, but told they could still recruit and interview with the new HC.

558828_10151379332336115_727837913_n.jpg

Technically, they were all released when Chizik was fired, but told they could still recruit and interview with the new HC.

I assume it's quite tough for them to recruit before they interview and retain their jobs. Would make those high schoolers very un easy for sure.

Sonny Dykes hired to be the next HC at Cal. I am underwhelmed.

Last edited:
u6u2atez.jpg

Nice shirts, Notre Dame. Way to tick off a bunch of big guys that were probably going to cause you harm in the first place, before you ever started talking trash to them... #couldgetugly

It will be interesting to see how many Auburn recruits follow Trooper if he leaves. That guy seriously knows how to chea-- recruit.

It will be interesting to see how many Auburn recruits follow Trooper if he leaves. That guy seriously knows how to chea-- recruit.

Funny, the big article yesterday on ajc was if Georgia should hire him so they can sign Ruben Foster

u6u2atez.jpg

Nice shirts, Notre Dame. Way to tick off a bunch of big guys that were probably going to cause you harm in the first place, before you ever started talking trash to them... #couldgetugly

Th funny part is their "best player" is a mormon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back