Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think Trooper heads back to Tennessee?

Not if y'all are lucky - IMO.

He carries baggage, which probably disqualifies him for Tennessee. But man can the dude recruit his pants off.

I don't think it is either. Just listened to the press conference, and he made no world history references, so that's already a step up on Dooley.

I should have said it's a good higher IMO... I guess time will tell.

I should have said it's a good higher IMO... I guess time will tell.

You know, the more I start to put things together here the more interested I am in where I think Jones can take Tennessee. As I said before, everyone has to start out somewhere. So the fact that he wasn't a big name before this doesn't bother me anymore. What impresses me is the fact that he does have 4 conference championships in 6 years. He was named coach of the year for 2 years in the conference as well. He beat or other prospect, Charlie Strong twice as well. Hell he even had a better record total coming in to Tennessee than any coach we've ever had before they made their debut , period.

Those facts make me a little bit optimistic. I'm not expecting anything better than the 7-5 next year, and even 6-6 is very likely. But steps in the right direction is what we need. I think he might be the man to do it too if he can put together a good squad of coaches to help him out. I'm interested in seeing who he finds that is going to be able to help him recruit the south until he becomes established though. Very interested.

Oh, also if you watch some YouTube videos on this guy he is really freaking intense as well. In a good way.

You know, the more I start to put things together here the more interested I am in where I think Jones can take Tennessee. As I said before, everyone has to start out somewhere. So the fact that he wasn't a big name before this doesn't bother me anymore. What impresses me is the fact that he does have 4 conference championships in 6 years. He was named coach of the year for 2 years in the conference as well. He beat or other prospect, Charlie Strong twice as well. Hell he even had a better record total coming in to Tennessee than any coach we've ever had before they made their debut , period.

Those facts make me a little bit optimistic. I'm not expecting anything better than the 7-5 next year, and even 6-6 is very likely. But steps in the right direction is what we need. I think he might be the man to do it too if he can put together a good squad of coaches to help him out. I'm interested in seeing who he finds that is going to be able to help him recruit the south until he becomes established though. Very interested.

I'm with you. On SVP and Russillo today I think they were basically saying that while Charlie Strong seems to have the appeal and the price tag, their backgrounds are pretty similar. Jones has been successful, now you get to see if he can do it on the big stage.

I'm with you. On SVP and Russillo today I think they were basically saying that while Charlie Strong seems to have the appeal and the price tag, their backgrounds are pretty similar. Jones has been successful, now you get to see if he can do it on the big stage.

While I am happy to see that you agree with me I will still not be talking to you until National Championship day. Furthermore, I will not talk to you period if Vonn Bell chooses Alabama over Tennessee.

Ahhh, who am I kidding. I'll still talk to you, you tool of an Alabama fan, you!

While I am happy to see that you agree with me I will still not be talking to you until National Championship day. Furthermore, I will not talk to you period if Vonn Bell chooses Alabama over Tennessee.

Ahhh, who am I kidding. I'll still talk to you, you tool of an Alabama fan, you!

Hahaha... nice.

Hey, it's not all peachy for an Alabama fan. It can get hard to budget for golf when every time you turn around your dropping money on National Championship gear!!!!!!

Had to throw something at you, right?

South Florida just hired Willie Taggart from Western Kentucky. Taggart is an up and comer, and I hope he does well with the Bulls.

Hey, it's not all peachy for an Alabama fan. It can get hard to budget for golf when every time you turn around your dropping money on National Championship gear!!!!!!

Had to throw something at you, right?

I'm sorry. Did you say something???

Bobby Petrino to Arkansas State.....offer on the table

Good luck, I'm glad we dodged that bullet.

I think we may as well. Trying to lock in a big buyout and it seems to be a sticking point for him.

He must have some serious demons for all of these big schools to pass on him because he wins.

We are going to pass on him as we'll if he won't agree to the big buyout. He's in no position to demand anything right now.

He must have some serious demons for all of these big schools to pass on him because he wins.

He is walking liability. No school president should approve hiring someone in a position of responsibility who violated state hiring law, lied to the police and his own employer to cover it up, and put the school in position to be liable for sexual harassment. I don't even think Arkansas State should hire him, but if they do I would insist that he get some extensive training in employment practices.

We are going to pass on him as we'll if he won't agree to the big buyout. He's in no position to demand anything right now.

You surprised that Gus jumped so quickly? A month ago you were fairly confident he would be there for a while.

You surprised that Gus jumped so quickly? A WEEK ago you were fairly confident he would be there for a while.

Fify

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

You surprised that Gus jumped so quickly? A month ago you were fairly confident he would be there for a while.

Yes I was quite surprised, especially since he'd been feeding us his crap all year about people who say he'd leave just don't know him. He carried on about loving being home, and how it was great to spend Mother's Day with his mom for the first time since he'd been a high school coach. Talked about how happy his family was in Jonesboro and that his daughter told him she was finally really happy.

Then he crapped on it and walked out for about a million dollar raise. Then had the nerve to ask to coach the bowl game but not the practices. Thankfully, the players voted and told him get lost.

He's such a bigger piece of crap than I ever imagined. I thought he was a legit, honest guy, but he's just like the rest of the ego driven coaches out there.

I almost want Petrino just so we get a Gus/Bobby showdown next September. I'd love nothing more than for the guys he brought on to beat him in his second game of the "homecoming tour."

The good news is that we've gone 19-6 the last two years with 1 bowl game to go. If we knock off Kent State there is a good chance we finish the year in the top 25. We are heading in the right direction for sure.

I like talking with you Auburn guys, but I hope you're calling for his head by October 2013....lol

He is walking liability. No school president should approve hiring someone in a position of responsibility who violated state hiring law, lied to the police and his own employer to cover it up, and put the school in position to be liable for sexual harassment. I don't even think Arkansas State should hire him, but if they do I would insist that he get some extensive training in employment practices.

I think most people don't pay attention to it, but hiring your girlfriend for jobs happens all the time. Only reason anyone notices this one is because he's a high profile football coach. If he were a professor sleeping with his grad student, would this professor be banned from teaching ever again? Doubtful.

He was trash long before the motorcycle ride of doom, but he'll keep getting chances because he can win, and win a lot. I've hated him since he walked out on the Falcons like a coward, but if we hire him and he stays clean, I'd be on aboard like always.

I think most people don't pay attention to it, but hiring your girlfriend for jobs happens all the time. Only reason anyone notices this one is because he's a high profile football coach. If he were a professor sleeping with his grad student, would this professor be banned from teaching ever again? Doubtful.

I don't care much about him cheating on his wife, but he created a job for his girlfriend and then violated state hiring policy and minority interviewing policy by just placing her into the job. That exposes the university to a lot of potential liability.

There is NO WAY any university president would approve hiring a department head who was so recently guilty of these employment related infractions, so I don't understand how one can justify ignoring those infractions in a football coach. Even Southern Miss refused to interview him.

There is nothing I dislike more than a college football-less Saturday. Guess it gives me a chance to golf...?

Tapped from my S3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back