Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think its lame when people combine their school logo or chant with another school they pull for. Like Auburn saying War Gators when they wanted Florida to beat us. Bama fans have done it too. When Oregon played Auburn I remember some green and yellow script A logos.
Also, as Jim Rome says, "You can War anything"

I.E. "War THP!"

Also, as Jim Rome says, "You can War anything"

I.E. "War THP!"

I can't believe that stuck, I remember thinking it was kinda funny when it started, never thought we'd still be hearing it 8 years later.

Where does "War Eagle" come from anyways?

I know, I hate when fans do that...

34721581478.png

RollDucksRoll_01.jpg

Roll-Ducks-Roll1.jpg

roll_ducks_roll_tshirt.jpg

Hey, I admitted Bama fans did it
too. It's still lame.

BTW its War Damn Eagle.

I agree, absolutely.

You seem like a sensible Auburn fan. Nice to see something else good came from there. You and Momma Goldberg's.

War Damn Eagle to you sir.

Truth be told, outside of Tennessee I've always had a soft spot for Auburn. I just don't voice it often. You know. Being a Vol For Life and all.

Truth be told, outside of Tennessee I've always had a soft spot for Auburn. I just don't voice it often. You know. Being a Vol For Life and all.

Great. Rocky Top professing love for weagle weagle. This couldn't get much better. Yuck.

Great. Rocky Top professing love for weagle weagle. This couldn't get much better. Yuck.

Hey. They're your rival. Not mine. I hate you and SW.

You seem like a sensible Auburn fan. Nice to see something else good came from there. You and Momma Goldberg's.
Im pretty awesome.
I like you more now.

Hey. They're your rival. Not mine. I hate you and SW.
This cracked me up, Vol/Bama smack banter.

Anybody else heard about the strong possibility (no pun intended) that Butch Jones could be coming to Tennessee? Don't know how to feel about this one.

Anybody else heard about the strong possibility (no pun intended) that Butch Jones could be coming to Tennessee? Don't know how to feel about this one.
Nope, havent heard that one.

I did hear Chad Morris, O Coordinator at Clemson is interviewing at USF. That would be an awesome hire for them.

Nope, havent heard that one.

I did hear Chad Morris, O Coordinator at Clemson is interviewing at USF. That would be an awesome hire for them.

Don't play with Damaikis's feelings like that. He's young and fragile.

Don't play with Damaikis's feelings like that. He's young and fragile.
There is also strong rumors that he has been talking with Malzahn at AU to come back and work with him.

There is also strong rumors that he has been talking with Malzahn at AU to come back and work with him.

I can't see that happening, but it would be cool. I think he could get better offers than USF. That is a job I'd shy away from right now.

I can't see that happening, but it would be cool. I think he could get better offers than USF. That is a job I'd shy away from right now.
I dont see him doing either. Why leave the ACC when he is about to springboard to a job in the next year or two.

I dont see him doing either. Why leave the ACC when he is about to springboard to a job in the next year or two.

Agreed, I think I'd rather go to Arkie State than USF at this point. The Big East is a train wreck, and the restrictions placed by the University academically doesn't allow them to go get the recruits they were able to attract previously.

Agreed, I think I'd rather go to Arkie State than USF at this point. The Big East is a train wreck, and the restrictions placed by the University academically doesn't allow them to go get the recruits they were able to attract previously.
Apparently Arky State is the gateway to an SEC West head coaching job.

Apparently Arky State is the gateway to an SEC West head coaching job.

It appears that way, althought I don't see an opening in the next couple years in the SEC West, so he may have to wait a bit. Maybe MSU next?

It appears that way, althought I don't see an opening in the next couple years in the SEC West, so he may have to wait a bit. Maybe MSU next?

Are you thinking Dan Mullen leaves for another job or gets fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back