Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heisman sympathy votes? Maybe his made up girlfriend should have had two kids and he adopted them after her death. That might have won him the heisman.

Awesomely pathetic from ND. I didn't have a dog in the fight, but man was that game boring.

Haha, yeah. It wasn't a great game to watch. As a football fan, I like down to the wire games, but not when it's my team. I don't want that stress!

I don't think you can convince me that he wasn't "in" on it, after all he was the one that gave interviews and talked about how they met at the Stanford/ND game and he is the one that said they stayed up late at night on the phone and that they had vacationed together.

This has got to be one of the creepier things I have seen in sports....invent a fake girlfriend, give interviews about her and then kill her off for the publicity and sympathy.

Johnny Fairplay from Survivor would be proud
Jonny-Fairplay.jpg

Haha, yeah. It wasn't a great game to watch. As a football fan, I like down to the wire games, but not when it's my team. I don't want that stress!

I like it when my team is in a close game. Makes it that much better at the end. Like Clemson's win in the CFA Bowl. So much fun to watch the replays of that.

McCarron's girlfriend, Katherine Webb, will be on Leno tonight.

Manti Te'o's girlfriend, Lennay Kekua, will be on Mythbusters.

The kid was a mormon, how hard would it of been to trick him into a girlfriend....... My question now is that if he was that easily tricked, how the hell did he make it into notre dame? I dont think he did this, i think he just isnt the smartest kid on the team

The kid was a mormon, how hard would it of been to trick him into a girlfriend....... My question now is that if he was that easily tricked, how the hell did he make it into notre dame? I dont think he did this, i think he just isnt the smartest kid on the team

Explain the story of how they met and they late night phone calls and the vacation he claimed they took together then....he was in on it.

I understand you being a homer but dude come on.

TapaTalk from the iPhone

At the very least, he embellished the details of their relationship. I can accept that he was a victim, but he took things overboard with the media.

Hahahaahahahahahahahahaa.

Dear Manti,

Thank You.

Lance Armstrong

Twitter has some gems right now as might be obvious. These are just some of the examples from the last hour.

Friends, go home and hug your significant others tonight. Thank them for being real.
The greatest girlfriend that never was story will be aired on ESPN 30 for 30 next fall
Manti Te'o wasn't missing tackles in the National Championship, he was hugging his girlfriend.
At least Manti Te'o's fake girlfriend was sweet and pretty. My fake girlfriends all hated me.
Tiger, you are in the clear. He will be buying drinks tonight for Lance and Te'o for making him look better.

Thought I would add one more:

Seth Meyers ‏@sethmeyers21
These Te'o jokes are all very funny but let's all try and remember that a person who never existed is dead.

Lol, those are pretty funny.

Can't believe the Domer thinks Manti was duped. Lmao. Dude is a FRAUD.

Can't believe the Domer thinks Manti was duped. Lmao. Dude is a FRAUD.

I'm friends with a few kids that go to ND and even they know. Lost all respect for him.

I am still so confused over the Te'o thing.
1. was he in on it?
or
2. was he actually duped?

Either way, this guy is questionable.
If it was 1:
he is a straight out d-bag
if it was 2:
he is still a d-bag for being 'in love' with a chick that didn't exist.

Twitter has some gems right now as might be obvious. These are just some of the examples from the last hour.

Friends, go home and hug your significant others tonight. Thank them for being real.
The greatest girlfriend that never was story will be aired on ESPN 30 for 30 next fall
Manti Te'o wasn't missing tackles in the National Championship, he was hugging his girlfriend.
At least Manti Te'o's fake girlfriend was sweet and pretty. My fake girlfriends all hated me.
Tiger, you are in the clear. He will be buying drinks tonight for Lance and Te'o for making him look better.

Thought I would add one more:

Seth Meyers ‏@sethmeyers21
These Te'o jokes are all very funny but let's all try and remember that a person who never existed is dead.

Those are hilarious Donnie....I really love the bolded ones

First off nothing anywhere says he never met the girl. I read that he has been friends with her his whole time at nd and that she visited him in Hawaii. She apparently was a real person but had a fake name, and was out to get him from the start. And like I originally said he obviously isn't very bright. I don't think he did it on purpose but then again I'm not trying to discredit Notre Dame like many of you. If it comes out that he had any part on it, then I will have a very negative opinion of him. Until then I'm not going to take peoples personal opinion as the Gospel.

sent from my calculator...........60065

First off nothing anywhere says he never met the girl. I read that he has been friends with her his whole time at nd and that she visited him in Hawaii. She apparently was a real person but had a fake name, and was out to get him from the start. And like I originally said he obviously isn't very bright. I don't think he did it on purpose but then again I'm not trying to discredit Notre Dame like many of you. If it comes out that he had any part on it, then I will have a very negative opinion of him. Until then I'm not going to take peoples personal opinion as the Gospel.

So...did he not think it was weird when her Twitter profile picture was of some other chick?

People all talking about this as a huge hoax.
Truthfully isn't the real hoax that this team was in the title game?

And listening to any fan defend this if it comes out as a complete true story will be rather interesting.

This might be one of the weirdest college football stories I've read ever.

Tapatalking on my iPad 2

Dude, you have got to be kidding me right? There is no way you can believe that your "heisman caliber MLB", the QB of your "top level defense" was dumb enough to get duped into falling in love with a fake girl? One who looked different in real life than she did on twitter?

The dude decided to market himself, and it nearly won him a heisman, now it has exploded on him. It doesn't discredit ND at all. It makes those who made the integrity argument look a bit foolish, but they got duped like the rest of the world.

The best part is making Thamel look like the hack that he is.

Dude, you have got to be kidding me right? There is no way you can believe that your "heisman caliber MLB", the QB of your "top level defense" was dumb enough to get duped into falling in love with a fake girl? One who looked different in real life than she did on twitter?

The dude decided to market himself, and it nearly won him a heisman, now it has exploded on him. It doesn't discredit ND at all. It makes those who made the integrity argument look a bit foolish, but they got duped like the rest of the world.

The best part is making Thamel look like the hack that he is.
Me too, bro, me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back