Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is at it again, LSUfreek's take on Alex Collins Momma stealing his LOI to Arky

NO_PIG_SOOIE_zpsadb79e66.gif

That's funny right there!!!

Very happy to see we got Crowder. I'm hoping we can get the TE McNeil too, though I believe LSU are the favorites there.

Stupid Vols tweeters shouldn't have spent last night and all this morning saying that "Vonn has commited", including their coach with a misleading (non-named) photo tweet.

They just set their fanbase up for a huge letdown, but I abolsutely love seeing their hearts get broken. U of Tenn can enjoy continuing to be a punching bag for the next few years.

Just when i came in here to congratulate you on the pick up. I'm not sending you a Christmas present this year now...

Butch Jones tweet last night said that he had gotten "big news", nothing more. Dumb @ hopeful Vol fans took the tweet and made it into what they wanted it to be.

I would've loved to pick up Vonn just because it would've been a big name pickup for the Vols. He wouldn't have started over Brian Moore anyway though. So its not a huge loss.

I'll agree though that TN fans were a bit pre-emptive. I seriously doubt they are going to be a "punching bag" in the years to come though. We did get really good commits for positions of need and pulled in what many publications are saying is the best QB class nationwide.

I'm excited to have him, and from everything I have read about Nick, he has really turned his attitude around and has a good head on his shoulders.

Watched him at the Dome a few years back. He'll be a great addition. We've done well with 2nd chance QBs, no? Love what Gus has done in such a short amount of time

Watched him at the Dome a few years back. He'll be a great addition. We've done well with 2nd chance QBs, no? Love what Gus has done in such a short amount of time
I like what Gus is doing, and I am glad to be rid of Trooper and Luper. Great recruiters, but that's about it.

Rumors around here of bringing Mangino back. Not sure how I feel about possibly having jabba back.:alien:

Rumors around here of bringing Mangino back. Not sure how I feel about possibly having jabba back.:alien:
If he does, I hope you guys make the Orange Bowl...

images

If he does, I hope you guys make the Orange Bowl...

images

That's still hilarious.

And can also vouch that the man can string together foul language like no other.

I like what Gus is doing, and I am glad to be rid of Trooper and Luper. Great recruiters, but that's about it.

Come on.. you didn't love seeing this all the time?

toopertowelwave.gif

Glad he's gone. How many 'bagman' jokes did you hear after signing day?

That's still hilarious.

And can also vouch that the man can string together foul language like no other.
Yeah he can. Rabble, rabble, rabble.
Come on.. you didn't love seeing this all the time?

toopertowelwave.gif

Glad he's gone. How many 'bagman' jokes did you hear after signing day?
None.

Too bad they're not superstars, we need all the help we can get come Aug 31!

From Twitter this morning: Four Alabama football players were arrested for robbery last night, but fans will claim it was actually fifteen.

Hope they kick all four of them out. Don't know what gets into their brains to think that is a good idea.

Sounds like Callaway wasn't part of the attacks/robberies themselves, only used one of the stolen Action Cards (student ID preloaded with money that can be used around campus), so I'll be curious if he gets the same university punishment.

Hey COLT - remember a month back when we were talking about who would get Vonn Bell?

I know that he was seen floating around practice pretty often back when I was still there in 2010 and 2011. I'd be okay with it.

That's one way to keep Michigan from ever losing to Appy State again.

I guess I question what the difference in playing the FCS schools is compared to the SEC playing Sun Belt or Big 10 playing MAC schools...the competition level isn't much different.

I disagree to an extent. Sure they are going to be heavily favored in these games, but I'd look at MAC/Sun Belt as a AAA team and the FCS teams as single/double A teams. Maybe not much of a difference, but I think the FBS teams are the better competition 90% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back