Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to think of myself as a big college football fan, and then this time of year rolls around and I not only don't want to follow but can't all this recruiting, once they are on the roster and starting in a game then I'll take note I guess!

I like to think of myself as a big college football fan, and then this time of year rolls around and I not only don't want to follow but can't all this recruiting, once they are on the roster and starting in a game then I'll take note I guess!

I agree with you ICeyShanks, it is so hard to pay attention to all these guys. The question is how these guys pan out. That is why Nick Saban is such a good coach he gets the Star players, and then makes them even better. I just wish Missouri would of had a better class, I think Gary Pinkel has done a great job for Missouri football, but I don't think he will ever get over the hump.

War Eagle I think Auburn could make the biggest move in the SEC from last year, I think Auburn picked up the best coach for them, and will bring some fun back to the plains.

I agree with you ICeyShanks, it is so hard to pay attention to all these guys. The question is how these guys pan out. That is why Nick Saban is such a good coach he gets the Star players, and then makes them even better. I just wish Missouri would of had a better class, I think Gary Pinkel has done a great job for Missouri football, but I don't think he will ever get over the hump.

War Eagle I think Auburn could make the biggest move in the SEC from last year, I think Auburn picked up the best coach for them, and will bring some fun back to the plains.

I think so too, Woody. I expect to see some improvement, but we were young last year, and hopefully those guys will mature quick and welcome in the new crop of talent we signed today and get it all together.

And Arkansas is in the recruiting headlines... too bad it's because a recruit's mom stole his letter of intent and is had gone into hiding.

At least some of the media are having some fun with it:
ESPN says Alex Collins' Mom stole letter of intent so he couldn't sign w/Arkansas. If he can't run her down, he should be in Big 10 anyway
— Greg Couch (@gregcouch)

And Arkansas is in the recruiting headlines... too bad it's because a recruit's mom stole his letter of intent and is had gone into hiding.

ESPN says Alex Collins' Mom stole letter of intent so he couldn't sign w/Arkansas. If he can't run her down, he should be in Big 10 anyway

I was watching the show the other night where Alex committed to Arkansas (since the Reuben Foster melodrama was on the same show), and I was really impressed with Alex's personality. Seemed like a really good kid.

I think it's hillarious his mom stole the letter and she wants him to go to Miami over AK!!!

I'm really hoping we can pick up Alvin Kamara to finish up our day. That would be awesome.
Bama, been theirs for weeks now.

4 RBs in the Rivals Top 100 signed with Bama...embarassment of riches there.

Yep and 2 from my home state, what are ya'll telling those guys? Some wanting to get to the NFL will certainly now whiff. Can't get enough carries with 8 all-stars in the backfield. Somebody had to draw the short straw.

Yep and 2 from my home state, what are ya'll telling those guys? Some wanting to get to the NFL will certainly now whiff. Can't get enough carries with 8 all-stars in the backfield. Somebody had to draw the short straw.
Cant believe UGA missed on 9 of the Top 10 Georgia Prospects. Crazy.

Oh it is worse than that, several were long time commits and they changed there minds very late in the game. It is mind boggling to think that we have the #12 class on Rival.com and are #7 in the SEC. Maybe that will explain to the rest of the folks who complain about the SEC being rated so high in the polls just why that is. It truly is the best of the best right now.

I don't know. They just look at what Yeldon did last year, compared to Ingram and Richardson in the past (all as Freshmen). We'll figure out someway to use them as their talents dictate. Maybe we're going to run the first 5 RB scheme.

That really is a crazy stat and one I just can't figure out with UGA's success this year and the large number of guys they had room for.

I was watching the show the other night where Alex committed to Arkansas (since the Reuben Foster melodrama was on the same show), and I was really impressed with Alex's personality. Seemed like a really good kid.

So was I. He was really well spoken. Hopefully this fiasco doesn't change his mind and send him elsewhere.

Oh it is worse than that, several were long time commits and they changed there minds very late in the game. It is mind boggling to think that we have the #12 class on Rival.com and are #7 in the SEC. Maybe that will explain to the rest of the folks who complain about the SEC being rated so high in the polls just why that is. It truly is the best of the best right now.

DawgDaddy totaly agree with you about the SEC's power. The thing is while Richt has done a very good job at Georgia he hasn't really got over the hump either when it comes to the National Title. My question is do you think that when Murry leaves, if Richt has a down year will they get rid of him? I'm not saying they should, but this confrence is crazy when it comes to firing coaches.

War Eagle to me the key for Auburn is can they get some consistency out of their qb this year. If they don't then it might be another whipping in the Iron Bowl, because Bama is going to be loaded again.

I can. It embarrasses me that the top players from the state of Georgia almost never stay in state...Looking at you Richt and Johnson.

I can one up you there, DD. Auburn has the #10 class, and it is the 5th ranked class in the SEC WEST!

5 teams in the SEC West in the Top 10 of recruiting classes. Geeze.

DawgDaddy totaly agree with you about the SEC's power. The thing is while Richt has done a very good job at Georgia he hasn't really got over the hump either when it comes to the National Title. My question is do you think that when Murry leaves, if Richt has a down year will they get rid of him? I'm not saying they should, but this confrence is crazy when it comes to firing coaches.

War Eagle to me the key for Auburn is can they get some consistency out of their qb this year. If they don't then it might be another whipping in the Iron Bowl, because Bama is going to be loaded again.

Hard to say woody, they were calling for his head hard as recently as September of the 2011 season. Then a 10 game win streak calmed that. After 2 straight SEC Championship game appearances he probably gets at least 2 years. As far as the National Title, most will tell you it takes a little luck, in 2007 we were probably the best in the SEC at the end of the season but a couple of stumbles in the first half of the season cost us a shot at the SEC Championship Game, That was probably his best shot to date until the infamous non-spike game this past year. His .747 winning percentage make him all but impossible to replace IMO.

LOL, we had a defunct Offensive Coordinator last year and no QB development. Bring Nick Marshall in should give that position a boost, as well has having Gus in there to Coach him up.

I can one up you there, DD. Auburn has the #10 class, and it is the 5th ranked class in the SEC WEST!

5 teams in the SEC West in the Top 10 of recruiting classes. Geeze.

LOL, and if you do the Scout.com rankings the SEC has 11 of the top 21 ranked classes. The rich get richer.

LOL, we had a defunct Offensive Coordinator last year and no QB development. Bring Nick Marshall in should give that position a boost, as well has having Gus in there to Coach him up.

Nick Marshall will be a great get for AU, he played HS football only 35 miles from my home and he was the real deal. He was unfortunate enough to come in while Aaron Murray was/is at UGA, Nick is such a great athlete that the coaches wanted him on the field so he was moved to DB. He would have made all-SEC as a DB for sure. He will improve the QB position for y'all immediately.

Nick Marshall will be a great get for AU, he played HS football only 35 miles from my home and he was the real deal. He was unfortunate enough to come in while Aaron Murray was/is at UGA, Nick is such a great athlete that the coaches wanted him on the field so he was moved to DB. He would have made all-SEC as a DB for sure. He will improve the QB position for y'all immediately.
I'm excited to have him, and from everything I have read about Nick, he has really turned his attitude around and has a good head on his shoulders.

He is at it again, LSUfreek's take on Alex Collins Momma stealing his LOI to Arky

NO_PIG_SOOIE_zpsadb79e66.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back