Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All jokes aside about his speech impetiment, which is ridiculous in a broadcast job, the man is absolutely insane. The things he says just make you want to cry.

He rarely gets players names correct, and just makes statements that don't even make sense. I am not a fan of Mark May, but when Holtz says something stupid, I love how Mark May will just look at him and shake his head.

How ESPN hasn't found someone who can do a better job than Holtz is amazing.

On another note, I had the opportunity to hear Lou Holtz speak about 15 years ago, and the man was (and possibly still is) an amazing Motivational Speaker. Some of his stories were just absolutely inspirational.

But he is terrible as a College Football Analyst.

Holtz is the grandpa that you hope never opens his mouth in front of your friends

He rarely gets players names correct, and just makes statements that don't even make sense. I am not a fan of Mark May, but when Holtz says something stupid, I love how Mark May will just look at him and shake his head.

On another note, I had the opportunity to hear Lou Holtz speak about 15 years ago, and the man was (and possibly still is) an amazing Motivational Speaker. Some of his stories were just absolutely inspirational.

Impressive start for your school there Smallie, keep us posted on their season.

Hopefully they get back to being a D2 powerhouse. They haven't been so good since THP started!

1-0. UNLV wasnt much of a foe but after seeing the clinic that the Badgers put on Im pumped about the possibilities this season.

I hope Virginia Tech stomps A state tomorrow but there a great team. Go Hokies!

I'm gonna laugh when The Buckeyes win the big ten this year again.

I'm gonna laugh when The Buckeyes win the big ten this year again.
Yeah, thats not gonna happen. Between Wisconsin and Nebraska and all the turmoil, fallout and NCAA-imposed santions of this off-season, the Buckeyes will be lucky if to get 3rd in the Big Ten this year.

Yeah, thats not gonna happen. Between Wisconsin and Nebraska and all the turmoil, fallout and NCAA-imposed santions of this off-season, the Buckeyes will be lucky if to get 3rd in the Big Ten this year.

Thats why they play the games. :act-up:

I saw a video of LH speaking when I was at a seminar years ago and I agree, it was awesome. But I agree, he, MM and even KH are all in over their heads, none are worth watching to me.

Thats why they play the games. :act-up:
Amen to that but I just dont see where the Bucs are going to have enough talent to beat Nebraska or Wisconsin. I dont think anyone other than you is picking them to win the Big Ten.
I look forward to when the Badgers play them though. Ohio State has been so good at football for so long that it will be nice to see them struggle for a change.

Amen to that but I just dont see where the Bucs are going to have enough talent to beat Nebraska or Wisconsin. I dont think anyone other than you is picking them to win the Big Ten.
I look forward to when the Badgers play them though. Ohio State has been so good at football for so long that it will be nice to see them struggle for a change.

Just like Appalachian state didnt have enough talent to beat Michigan or how TCU wasnt suppose to beat Wisconsin, or how no one thought the Auburn Tigers would win the National Championship... I can keep going and going. :alien:

Just like Appalachian state didnt have enough talent to beat Michigan or how TCU wasnt suppose to beat Wisconsin, or how no one thought the Auburn Tigers would win the National Championship... I can keep going and going. :alien:
True. I look forward to seeing what happens.

I look forward to when the Badgers play them though. Ohio State has been so good at football IN THE BIG 10 for so long that it will be nice to see them struggle for a change.

FIFY..

We could have this conversation 100 times bro. Arkansas should just be happy that the entire starting defensive secondary was hurt by the second half or that game would have been a massive blowout. That was the SEC's second best team btw.

In all honesty I don't think they will win it but thats the fan in me. I don't think Nebraska will win though.

We could have this conversation 100 times bro. Arkansas should just be happy that the entire starting defensive secondary was hurt by the second half or that game would have been a massive blowout. That was the SEC's second best team btw.

I think that their record against the SEC stands on its own. Beating Arkansas in a bowl game is a start, but lets not quickly forget how bad they have been for a decade against the south.

Pretty wild start to this tcu Baylor game.

I think that their record against the SEC stands on its own. Beating Arkansas in a bowl game is a start, but lets not quickly forget how bad they have been for a decade against the south.

Conceded. I just hope they find a coach this year.

In all honesty I don't think they will win it but thats the fan in me. I don't think Nebraska will win though.
Thats cool. I can respect you being a fan and having faith that your team can defy that odds and prove everyone wrong.

Thats cool. I can respect you being a fan and having faith that your team can defy that odds and prove everyone wrong.

We feel that way about all Big 10 teams every year down here. :D

Pfft ACC what.

You dont need to tell me dude. I know it, but I dont have false hopes and dreams either...heheh

I know a lot about college football. I fully expect Duke to compete for a national title this year:blob::blob::blob:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back