Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's okay, I don't mind Stoops but hate Venables more than any other DC in the nation. Many because his defense has made the Aggies look flat out stupid most years. His way of convincing A&M lean recruits to switch to OU at the last second doesn't help either.

Conference titles year after year will do that. :D

Most definitely, but does it have to be on Signing Day every year?!

Most definitely, but does it have to be on Signing Day every year?!

Haha, no joke, it amazes and confuses us too, trust me.

I just hope somehow UT and A&M still get to play each other every year. Especially since they have played over 100 games against each other.

I just hope somehow UT and A&M still get to play each other every year. Especially since they have played over 100 games against each other.

Yup, that was the worst part for me as an OU guy seeing Nebraska leave. Sad to see such a wonderful rivalry end.

I'm pretty confident it will still be played. Makes way too much money for both teams.

tOSU is gonna win the BCS this year. Discuss.

BWAHAHAHAWAAHAHAHA!

THE U will win the BCS this year. Discuss.

Does anybody else find it quite funny that the two schools that gave themselves these wonderful nicknames like "the U" and adding "the" to their initials are about as relevant in college football as Joey Harrington is to the NFL?

Does anybody else find it quite funny that the two schools that gave themselves these wonderful nicknames like "the U" and adding "the" to their initials are about as relevant in college football as Joey Harrington is to the NFL?

BAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:rofl:

That's hilarious. THE most irrelevant teams in D1? THE U cant get away with being absolute Thugs anymore, the "State of Miami" is no more. tOSU needs to legitimately beat an SEC team, then they can call them selves THE ohio state.

Looks like A&M's grand aspirations were just dashed for the immediate future. As a UT fan I am usually pretty apathetic towards them but it's going to be almost as fun watching them eat crow as it was watching Nebraska eat theirs.

Not sure what you're getting at. Everyone knew that A&M wasn't getting an invitation until they announce their intentions to leave the Big 12. That's how these situations work.
A&M BOR meeting is tomorrow. House meeting with some of the TX. Legislature Tuesday. SEC has another meeting on Weds.

Everyone knew? I've been looking at mysa.com and everyone there was pretty sure A&M was going to get an invite. It also doesn't look like its going to happen financially. A&M isn't going to have the thirty million dollar buy out.

Hey, no picking on Joey! He's recovering from an off-field injury... :violin:

And now THE U is under investigation.... just saw it on sportscenter a few minutes ago. Apparently an old ponzi schemer giving former players rides on his yacht etc etc...

Oklahoma All Access is on Sportscenter right now.

Maybe this is the year JoePa retires.....please?

Maybe this is the year JoePa retires.....please?

Maybe he needs to get injured again to realize how old he is? I'm not wishing harm, but if you're too old to get out of the way or react, it might be time to call it quits.

Wow! That's some old school Miami scandal. I don't think the death penalty will be used again, but if this pans out as the article reads it won't be pretty for the u.

--
tapatalk

Its starting to get worse, but I don't think the death penalty is truly in anyone's mind. Once the allegations came out last year, the University notified NCAA compliance officials immediately, the accuser then would not give any more info to the University and since has been 100% cooperative with the investigation supposedly. So we will see how far it goes.

Is this worse than OSU's scandal since it goes beyond the football team with folks like the BBall coach being involved too? I guess I'm also surprised it took this long to come out since the University has been cooperating since the alleged accuser came forward almost a year ago. Not to mention that most of the issues took place 4 years ago?

I'm sure OSU fans are happy this takes the heat off of them for a while now...

It will be interesting to see which young players steps up to take his spot, luckily it's only a temporary set back hopefully he's back to 100% before conference play.
Huskers took a huge hit today with Dennard goin down ouch !!!!!!!

Giving Miami the same punishment as SMU makes perfect sense...these days it wouldnt kill a program like it did SMU...but it still shows that the NCAA is willing to throw the book at someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back