Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ripper, what driver are you currently gaming? Shaft? Loft? And what is your biggest struggle with it?

And just so easy to hit, imo.

Man I can't wait to get that in bag. It's the reason I did not go with a 14 or 18(or all 3)hehe

Ripper, what driver are you currently gaming? Shaft? Loft? And what is your biggest struggle with it?

I am using the SL290, regular flex, 10.5 and I had it cut to 44.75". My issue is slicing it, I just cant seem to get as comfortable controlling it as I do with the woods. For example, if I tee off with a hybrid I can stay in the fairway or short rough all day, with a 3W, I will lose 1 or maybe 2 OB during the round but hit it well. With the driver I am really just crossing my fingers and hoping something good happens.

Wow, I didnt expect these answers, I really thought my plan made more sense. Do you think you could help me at the Outing to see which of the two shafts is better for me?

Yeah, thats no problem. The biggest thing for you is going to be to hit all of the clubs you are considering (3 woods) and see which one works for you. We can pull numbers with the launch monitor if that helps. To be fair, I liked the RBZ quite a bit, but it actually flew less than my previous Fw Wood in the FL and the same as my Mashie.

I am using the SL290, regular flex, 10.5 and I had it cut to 44.75". My issue is slicing it, I just cant seem to get as comfortable controlling it as I do with the woods. For example, if I tee off with a hybrid I can stay in the fairway or short rough all day, with a 3W, I will lose 1 or maybe 2 OB during the round but hit it well. With the driver I am really just crossing my fingers and hoping something good happens.
You have the same issue with the Driver that I do, as I can slice it off the planet. What I have been working on lately actually has little to do with the club itself, and everything to do with my setup and alignment. I have made a few tweaks here and there with how I setup and align myself, as well as making sure my stance is proper, and I have seen some great improvement. And this is being done with a high spin driver, which does not play to my strength. I think hitting some drivers at demo day may open your eyes. By no means am I a great golfer, but I would be more than happy to show you the changes I have made the past few weeks that have helped me out, seeing as our miss with the driver is similar.

You have the same issue with the Driver that I do, as I can slice it off the planet. What I have been working on lately actually has little to do with the club itself, and everything to do with my setup and alignment. I have made a few tweaks here and there with how I setup and align myself, as well as making sure my stance is proper, and I have seen some great improvement. And this is being done with a high spin driver, which does not play to my strength. I think hitting some drivers at demo day may open your eyes. By no means am I a great golfer, but I would be more than happy to show you the changes I have made the past few weeks that have helped me out, seeing as our miss with the driver is similar.

Ditto for me.

I have recently overhauled myself to correct a really terrible slice and would probably consider myself to be 90+% finished with my work. Thanks to the changes, I am now hitting a pretty consistent draw.

If you're there TC, how is that Fybrid 3 wood off the tee? I need a reliable wood off the tee.

Thank you WE, that would be great, I look forward to it.

Jman's Lajosi, I have to keep telling myself I don't need another putter.

My W/S Ci11s are just sitting there... Maybe I should start a feeler thread to see if anyone wants them on the cheap.

Jman's Lajosi, I have to keep telling myself I don't need another putter.

Yes you do, and it wants you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you do, and it wants you!

GLWS, you need to free up some money for a Nome?

My W/S Ci11s are just sitting there... Maybe I should start a feeler thread to see if anyone wants them on the cheap.
What shafts and are they altered?

Dang... I REALLY have to try to slice the SuperTri. A hook on the other hand...

The low spin shaft really helps bring the spin down though.

If you're there TC, how is that Fybrid 3 wood off the tee? I need a reliable wood off the tee.

I sure do like it a lot more off the tee than I did off the turf. It sounds awesome and what is really nice is that it's a little bit shorter (physical length) than other 3woods so it's very easy to control. Is your G20 acting up?

Solid ponder! After reading the Cleveland thread, I'm pondering a Mashie 3 wood. A 3 wood will be my next OEM after the driver, and the Mashie is #1 on the list. Second would be the RBZ.
Check out the RBZ 3 wood. It's amazing.

How cheap? I am very interested.

Negative ghost rider, the pattern is full.

I know buddy, you would never do such a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back