Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a good deal on a Scotty Cameron Squareback 2, don't really need another putter, but I "need" another putter. I have no putters without inserts, I'm thinking I should try this one.

I sure do like it a lot more off the tee than I did off the turf. It sounds awesome and what is really nice is that it's a little bit shorter (physical length) than other 3woods so it's very easy to control. Is your G20 acting up?

Yes. I can't hit it straight for the life of me. My irons rule right now, but my woods are bad. I want that 3 wood.

As mentioned in the Classic thread the beinging of a ponder are stirring for the TL 310. That being said, it's going to have to wait under after we get more stuff for the soon to be minion as they transform from theoretical to actual.

As mentioned in the Classic thread the beinging of a ponder are stirring for the TL 310. That being said, it's going to have to wait under after we get more stuff for the soon to be minion as they transform from theoretical to actual.

Once you get the Razr fit all those thoughts will go away.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Once you get the Razr fit all those thoughts will go away.

At this point I'm fairly sure that thing never gets through customs home slice. Ix Nay to Callaway from CBSA it seems.

At this point I'm fairly sure that thing never gets through customs home slice. Ix Nay to Callaway from CBSA it seems.

That's strange. Canada customs bugs me, but my Razr fit got here pretty quickly. It's a bomber.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Pondering finally trying out either a set of Pure or No1 Japan grips on the 588's when they get here.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

a recent thread has me now pondering a 7W to replace my inferior 3H.....any suggestions? this is the one place I really havent dabbled much with club wise before.

Pondering finally trying out either a set of Pure or No1 Japan grips on the 588's when they get here.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Never heard of the No1 before...

So my Iron choices have been narrowed down to two the Bridgestone J40 Pocket cavity and the cavity back. Does anyone know if someone has done a direct comparison of the two. Also i was wondering what would you guys compare the pocket cavity to in the Titleist line, The AP2's or the CB's.

So my Iron choices have been narrowed down to two the Bridgestone J40 Pocket cavity and the cavity back. Does anyone know if someone has done a direct comparison of the two. Also i was wondering what would you guys compare the pocket cavity to in the Titleist line, The AP2's or the CB's.

The DPC should be more forgiving. I'd put it somewhere between the AP1 and AP2.

DPC's IMO are a tremendous combo of feel and forgiveness. Beautiful as all get out and flat out performers too. I quite enjoyed my set while I had them.

Full on putter ponder for me today! I just settled a big case (for far less money than we deserved --- but my client was desperate for some cash), so I'm considering a celebratory putter. First stop is my club fitter, because I think I'm going to take his previous advice and go with a 33.5" shaft. Then it will be shop time. Ping Anser Milled was at the top of my list, but the local PGA SS has some Bettinardi BB8s in stock and I actually think I roll those a little better. I know I will turn some stomachs with this one, but there is also a Scameron Newport 2 on a pre-owned rack that was rolling pretty solid for me a couple days ago. I have the day off, its raining, so I'm about to roll some balls and hopefully make a decision.

In case anyone was wondering, I LOVE the feel of both the Odyssey Black and Metal X, but I don't like any of their shapes. As you can tell from my above candidates, I'm a fan of the Ping Anser shape, and Odyssey doesn't offer anything that quite measures up. The #1 shape is too narrow for my taste.

I'm considering switching out my age old TEE CB1 3 wood. Any suggestions for a 3 wood with a bias toward tee box, but still do able off the deck?

a recent thread has me now pondering a 7W to replace my inferior 3H.....any suggestions? this is the one place I really havent dabbled much with club wise before.

Mashie would be my first response based on the feedback in that thread. If the F5 works out for me, I may consider an F7. But it's all personal preference. Real bummer is that not many places have more than one or two 7Ws to try...

Last edited:
Yes. I can't hit it straight for the life of me. My irons rule right now, but my woods are bad. I want that 3 wood.

What flex is your G20 4wood?

I agree with you that the DPC should be more forgiving. In terms of size you would put it between the AP1 and the AP2 ? That surprises me they seemed like they had a very narrow sole and topline.

Mashie would be my first response based on the feedback in that thread. If the F5 works out for me, I may consider an F7. But it's all personal preference. Real bummer is that not many places have more than one or two 7Ws to try...

yeah I guess I can hold off for demo day in 2 weeks

I completely disagree. But thats just me. I think the AP2s are pretty much the same as the DPCs

I completely disagree. But thats just me. I think the AP2s are pretty much the same as the DPCs
I would say that the AP2s are a solid comparison to DPCs, but I greatly prefer the feel of the DPCs to the AP2s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back