Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing is as cheap as Tour Velvets. Maybe some weirdo Black Widows or something. How much for one of those Dri-Tac/sensitive hand grips you like?

You my friend are mistaken. Winn grips are less expensive then Golf Pride's and most others too.

I have the Dri-Tac one on my driver and love it so far. I might add them throughout the bag. Plus budgetgolf has them for 5 bucks a grip.

Nothing is as cheap as Tour Velvets. Maybe some weirdo Black Widows or something. How much for one of those Dri-Tac/sensitive hand grips you like?

$6-$7 depending on which size.

Well yeah the Pro Launch Blu of grips. Nothing is THAT cheap. I think they're $6 or $7, hell o lot cheaper then Iomics too. Now, if you go Jumbo its more obviously. You get more you pay more, Jack.

Winn blows. Those Dri Tacs might last you guys a season, oh, but wait, you all live up North where you only have like 3 golfing months out of the year. Turd grips. Feel like a beer coozy. No thanks.

I do imagine the softies would be quick to wear out on irons and woods. The one on my putter is pretty old, but hanging in there. The only negative so far is the white is now more of a yellow. Sort of like the curtains in a smokers house.

Winn blows. Those Dri Tacs might last you guys a season, oh, but wait, you all live up North where you only have like 3 golfing months out of the year. Turd grips. Feel like a beer coozy. No thanks.

I cant even tell if you are being serious or who you are talking to. I thought we had LH ESP? Guess not..haha

I have put the Golf Pride VDR grips on most of my clubs, fairly inexpensive ($5-$6) and they last and feel great.

I cant even tell if you are being serious or who you are talking to. I thought we had LH ESP? Guess not..haha

He's so bitter. He should ponder a better attitude. :alien:

I have put the Golf Pride VDR grips on most of my clubs, fairly inexpensive ($5-$6) and they last and feel great.

I have them on my irons now. Went with the white because of the Prolaunch Blue shafts. I like them. The GP logo is starting to wear/run but other than that they are fine.

Thanks for the info on wedges guys.. If my PW is 45 and my current wedges go from 50-55-60.. Would it be better to go 49-53-57 or 50-54-58? Don't want to bend more than 2* so 50-54-58 would be max

I think 50-54-58 would be just fine.

Thanks for the info on wedges guys.. If my PW is 45 and my current wedges go from 50-55-60.. Would it be better to go 49-53-57 or 50-54-58? Don't want to bend more than 2* so 50-54-58 would be max

I love the 50-54-58 setup personally. I think having the extra degree on the 58 vs the 57 makes the deal for me. I like being able to open the face and hit a good flop shot with a 58.

Im in favor of the 50-54-58 set up too.

for me I'd go 49-53-57

I'm with TC, its just hard to beat the Tour Velvets. They are cheap, grippy, and last a long time. I tried the Dri-tacs on a couple wedges and a driver, and they were ok. But I'll be back to the Tour Velvets in the future.

I guess I have man hands and don't need the cute grips Natalie Gulbis plays.

Im in favor of the 50-54-58 set up too.

thats what I use...and Im awesome...so therefore thats the best option

but you're Ohio awesome....completely different kind of awesome than say @marcawesome

Awesome guys dont get roped into unknowingly going to a country music concert. Just saying....

but you're Ohio awesome....completely different kind of awesome than say @marcawesome

I cant get no cred...u saw first hand how awesome I am with a wedge in my hand

It was a links course, and therefore windy, so I thought it would be good to keep hitting 54's and 58's into greens with the trajectory of a 3 iron LOL

I was pondering the 1 ATV wedge in Dicks the other day and thought of the talk about how it looks at address. Found it interesting that at address its a more satin look instead of chrome and looks very much like the 588 wedge.

I thought it looked pretty good at address. For some reason I keep thinking the head is a little large or longer from heel to toe. Did you get that impression, Kmac?

im pondering a callaway 3 wood that is dirt cheap on the bay right now

part of me wants to just pull the trigger, the other part wants me to try the mashie against it again and see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back