Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be willing to bet that most here won't be investing the 1k it takes to buy them. No matter how much hype there is. Especially b/c they'll be worth half that in less than 6 months.
Exactly. 1k for a set of irons is ridiculous, no matter how awesome they may be. Wait a few months, find them used for 1/3 of the price.

Money (reality) > Hype (fantasy)

I'd be willing to bet that most here won't be investing the 1k it takes to buy them. No matter how much hype there is. Especially b/c they'll be worth half that in less than 6 months.

Exactly. 1k for a set of irons is ridiculous, no matter how awesome they may be. Wait a few months, find them used for 1/3 of the price.

Totally. That's the one good thing about Adams' irons, they'll depreciate in no time.

I'm just curious to see who gets them, and when. Especially with all the rave reviews. I'm ready for some real world feedback.

I'm going to put this on my MC putter. Another putter I have has this grip and I like it. Midsize.

68ws-rwb.png.normal.png

I had an oversized version of this grip on a 2-ball and loved it for 10ft and in. I hated it for lag putts. I could never get the feel down. I have moved down to a mid-sized to hopefully get some feel back on the long putts.

The one I have is a midsize. I think the picture makes it look larger than the one I'm looking at.

The one I have is a midsize. I think the picture makes it look larger than the one I'm looking at.

I think the mid-sized putter grip is a good call. That is all I have been using lately. Helps calm the hands down.

I can get flippy with the wrists and it does seem to help. Plus, it's soft to protect my delicate fingers lol.

that's why I switched to the Winn Jumbo grip from the midsize....hands have become a lot quieter now

This is the one I have been using. Mainly because it is the cheapest at Dicks.

68ws.png.normal.png

Cheap is good. At least you only have to buy one. Regripping can be expensive.

Cheap is good. At least you only have to buy one. Regripping can be expensive.

I have done it for 2 putters now. I put it on myself with the Pure gun.

This is the one I have been using. Mainly because it is the cheapest at Dicks.

68ws.png.normal.png

I just put the jumbo one of these on my MX7. Was concerned because of the slick looking parts there in the pic, but have had no issues so far. I've been very happy with it. Can't beat the price either.

Ponder near fruition = Mashie F7...

Hmm back on the saddle in wedge ponder mode

I know some are just as conscious of equipment looks as performance.. As to anyone who has took a wedge with a degree on it and bent it to a different degree.. Is that bothersome to know in the club bag? It's a weird question to ask but I want to hear thoughts before i buy some wedges and bend them a degree off from what they are

Not bothersome to me at all.

I can get flippy with the wrists and it does seem to help. Plus, it's soft to protect my delicate fingers lol.

You should try the Jumbo out. Very good for the flippy, delicate handed person, lol. Hanks. haha

I know some are just as conscious of equipment looks as performance.. As to anyone who has took a wedge with a degree on it and bent it to a different degree.. Is that bothersome to know in the club bag? It's a weird question to ask but I want to hear thoughts before i buy some wedges and bend them a degree off from what they are

I used to play a 56 that was bent down to 54. Couldn't really even tell from looking at it in the bag. Performance wise, I had no issues either.

I do it all the time, no issues whatsoever

Hater! And this coming from the guy who said some grips are too harsh on the hands.....

You should try the Jumbo out. Very good for the flippy, delicate handed person, lol. Hanks. haha

Sadly, I'm not jumbo material :(

With my swing changes i'm making, everything is going left now, as my swing has gotten flatter... Pondering selling my Ping G20's and getting i20's. Also pondering selling off a bunch of stuff I have.

I'm just not a fan of Winn grips at all. Putter/irons it doesn't matter. They're disgustingly over priced and they longevity of them is seriously lacking.

Hater! And this coming from the guy who said some grips are too harsh on the hands.....

haha I really like the Jumbo on the hands.

Sadly, I'm not jumbo material :(

Just try it dude, doesnt matter that we both belong in the Belbs small hands club.

I'm just not a fan of Winn grips at all. Putter/irons it doesn't matter. They're disgustingly over priced and they longevity of them is seriously lacking.

You my friend are mistaken. Winn grips are less expensive then Golf Pride's and most others too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back