Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daddy is hardcore pondering the RBZ 3 wood. He wants to "borrow" mine next Saturday for an outing. I'm not gonna let him, cause he'll probably buy one if I don't :)

isn't your dad the guy who said all clubs are the same and balls are the same too. haha hopefully he buys one

I'd let him borrow it and he's even more likely to buy it plus maybe he will get off your back about all this new equipment.

THere ya go. You gotta be able to swing it some way to get something out of the deal! That's what fathers are for!

Yup I need a new driver. It'll probably be a launcher fl. I can get it for 90$! I hit my dads today at the range verse my dst and my dispersion pattern was soooo much tighter. Unbelievable. What I'm wondering is what flex shaft to get. I occasionally would pull my dads (stiff 10.5) when I went after it and I didn't know if this was because the C.Kua acts up when you dry and get a little quick with it or if I went with a stiffer flex shaft could I go after it a little more without it acting up. Need help here guys! Thanks

I had a 290 with a stiff shaft for a while last year, and I just think that is a shaft that likes a smooth swing versus an aggressive one.

Daddy is hardcore pondering the RBZ 3 wood. He wants to "borrow" mine next Saturday for an outing. I'm not gonna let him, cause he'll probably buy one if I don't :)

New Rule - Unless you are referring to yourself, barking out orders during "physical escapades", or you are 3, you shouldn't use the term "Daddy". Lol. I kid, I kid.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

You could blow your Dad's mind and tell him that you know some people that carry TWO, yes TWO, 3 woods!

Miyazaki Indigo.

Also why I strayed from the 330rx with the 330s. I don't need more spin to accentuate my fade.

I need a 9i to the head right now methinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9i to the head is pretty serious. How about some sand in the eye instead? :D

I am pondering/want to spend more time with the R11S 9* w/RIP phenom stiff shaft. Was an absolute bomber for me Saturday on the range.

New Rule - Unless you are referring to yourself, barking out orders during "physical escapades", or you are 3, you shouldn't use the term "Daddy". Lol. I kid, I kid.

I am guilty of the first clause of that rule from time to time. But since I have been doing it long enough, I have gotten friends to use it as well. "That's how Daddy does it" is common out of my mouth haha

I am guilty of the first clause of that rule from time to time. But since I have been doing it long enough, I have gotten friends to use it as well. "That's how Daddy does it" is common out of my mouth haha

Yes, but I hope you are not referring to your father. Lol.

I'd let him borrow it and he's even more likely to buy it plus maybe he will get off your back about all this new equipment.

Not a good idea. He'll get used to borrowing it and then every other Saturday all summer I don't have a 3 wood.

isn't your dad the guy who said all clubs are the same and balls are the same too. haha hopefully he buys one

Yes. But I'm slowly but surely converting him.

You could blow your Dad's mind and tell him that you know some people that carry TWO, yes TWO, 3 woods!

TC is the man. Such a pioneer.

Yes, but I hope you are not referring to your father. Lol.

No sir, I AM Daddy.. I can pretty much expect an automatic slap from the GF when I slip the term around her.

Bahester what's your SS and tempo? I recently switched from the KBS 90s (not Tour 90s but I doubt it's a huge difference) to the s300s and I much prefer the s300s. The 90s are so light and whippy.

I'm pondering why, after recently switching from my Ping G5 to G-15 driver, im pushing the ball right with a slight fade. And hitting it high. With the G5 I could split a fairway and it was laser straight. Maybe it was the prolaunch blue shaft compared to the TFC in the 15?

I had a 290 with a stiff shaft for a while last year, and I just think that is a shaft that likes a smooth swing versus an aggressive one.
Yes I noticed this. I have no problems with the stiff and was thinking if I went Xtra Stiff could I go after it a little more aggressive? Maybe an XS on a higher lofted head so the trajectory dosen't get lowered to much?
What weight are you thinking? I'd be going at least 290, probably 310 if I were you cause you're only going to get stronger. 8722 works pretty well for me in that driver. What's your swing speed?
Not sure if I would get a 310 or 290. I'd hit both. No idea what my SS is.

Hmm, that's what seems to be the general consensus with the 90s. Which would not be good for me, considering I already hit the ball extremely high anyways.

If that's your issue with Dynamic Gold shafts in there, KBS Tour 90 or just about any other shaft out there isn't going to help that problem. Dynamic Gold iron shafts are listed as the lowest-launching steel iron shafts on both of the Titleist and Cleveland shaft charts for irons.

Pondering a SeeMore FGP.. Even if it's my living room putter, I have a feeling that RST tech will make me a better putter.
So true. I putted with it for a half hour an instantly felt like I was putting better my next round.

The 90s are so light and whippy.

Never had this problem when I demoed clubs with the 90s... although this is coming from a guy who plays 85g graphite irons shafts

Now what kind of blubbering fool would ever, EVER, do such a barbaric thing!!!

Just kidding TC we love you and your 3 wood madness.

Now what kind of blubbering fool would ever, EVER, do such a barbaric thing!!!

Just kidding TC we love you and your 3 wood madness.
Haha! I may or may not have two 3w's in the bag right now as well...

Tell him to check out Clevelands FL or Mashie line. (I prefer the FL) Its sooo good.

Pondering a SeeMore FGP.. Even if it's my living room putter, I have a feeling that RST tech will make me a better putter.

I really want a SeeMore FGP too!

If that's your issue with Dynamic Gold shafts in there, KBS Tour 90 or just about any other shaft out there isn't going to help that problem. Dynamic Gold iron shafts are listed as the lowest-launching steel iron shafts on both of the Titleist and Cleveland shaft charts for irons.

Thats what I figured, just hadn't done the research. I was fitted for S300s so guess I'll just be sticking with those :act-up:

Pondering shortlist for 2012: in no particular order

Irons: Shaft TBD (leaning towards DGS300 hard stepped atm)

W/S CI-11
Titleist Ap2
TM TP MC
W/S FG V2
Cleveland 588 MC
Callaway RAZR X forged
Ping i20
Mizuno MP 59

Driver: Loft TBD Shaft TBD (maybe UST Proforce AXiv core green tour s, or Miyazaki kusala blue or indigo)

Cleveland Classic
Ping G20
Nike VRS
Callaway RAZR Fit

Putter:

SeeMore FGP Custom
SeeMore FGP OTR

Whittled it down to 4 new sets of irons. Current set is the Mizuno MP60s and I really adore the form factor of them. But they're getting on up there in wear and tear and I think it's about that time. Probably test all 3 sets with S300s as thats what I tend to hit well, though I'm intrigued by KBS Tour 90s, and hope to give them a fair shot. Down to:

Cleveland 588 CB
Taylormade Tour Preferred CB
Mizuno MP 59
Bridgestone J40 Forged CB

Now for the hard part..

skim alert....

Taylor Made discontinued the TP CB irons. Some places may have them still but the R11 irons replaced them.

Go with the MC if you are looking at the Tour Preferred stuff.

skim alert....

Taylor Made discontinued the TP CB irons. Some places may have them still but the R11 irons replaced them.

Go with the MC if you are looking at the Tour Preferred stuff.

Yeah, I've seen lots of new sets still on Ebay though, which is where I would probably buy. Why MB over the CB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back