Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hit the f3 mashie of hawks a few weeks back and really liked it. Maybe I'll give the hybrids a look as well. Thanks
Have you thought about a 5W over a 3H? I switched out my RBZ 3h for a Mashie F5 a months or so ago, and am pretty happy with the switch.

I all in for easy to hit and long. I've never been accused of hitting it far. lol.

Budgetgolf.com has the boccieri hybrids for like 120 a pop. If I was going to buy a hybrid right now I would have a hard time not buying it. It's not new or fancy looking, but it does the job. Keeps the ball in the fairway and moves it a good distance.

My biggest problem is the closet place I have to try out clubs is two hours away and that's a dicks sporting goods. I don't trust there monitor. There's a PGA store in Denver that's about 3 hours away. That's probably my best option.

Have you thought about a 5W over a 3H? I switched out my RBZ 3h for a Mashie F5 a months or so ago, and am pretty happy with the switch.
I have not. Thanks for the suggestion. I will defiantly try and hit a few of those as well.

Budgetgolf.com has the boccieri hybrids for like 120 a pop. If I was going to buy a hybrid right now I would have a hard time not buying it. It's not new or fancy looking, but it does the job. Keeps the ball in the fairway and moves it a good distance.
Thanks Frank I'll check that out. What is the reason those are easy to hit and seem to find the fairway over another hybrid?

Thanks Frank I'll check that out. What is the reason those are easy to hit and seem to find the fairway over another hybrid?

Check out the Boccieri testing thread on here Jacob, TONS of info.

Simply put though they are backweighted to adjust balance. It really allows you to groove your swing and help stay on plane. I loved mine to death and had 3 in the bag but the ho in me won out. The sound great, they feel great, and if they were more available they would be more popular. Do NOT be scared off by the "Heavy" name, thats just Boccieri's thing, it does not in any way feel heavy.

GREAT hybrids.

Sorry, got a phone call, Jman beat me to a lot of it, but they are a great game improvement club. I currently have the 5W, testing for THP. I had heard about them but never game them a 2nd thought. Round after round it's my most consistent club. They put some weight in the butt end of the club that helps keep you on plane and allows for an improved swing. I find the benefits in the mishits, more than the pure strikes because they stay in play and go pretty far.

Please also check the atv out. The sm4 are super though.

+1 on this. The SM4's are good sticks, but I think the ATV's have a little on them and are worth looking at.

Just tap it in, just tap it in. Give it a little tap tap tappy. Tap tap tap-a-roo via Tapatalk.

I was messing around with my co-workers 60* yesterday at work and I did like it, but I just love the feel of the SM4's. If I got an ATV it would just be a 60* probably.

Thanks guys I found the thread. Thanks for the link also. I'm interested for sure. Anything that will stay in the fairway has my interest.

Thanks guys I found the thread. Thanks for the link also. I'm interested for sure. Anything that will stay in the fairway has my interest.

I think it should at least be considered along with all the other major OEM hybrids right now. I keep checking the bay for more clubs to add to my bag and I know that JJ just grabbed a 3w off the bay and he has one of the hybrids.

Frank, I've been telling Kmac to get the Heavy 3wood for a while now. Based on his success with the hybo, I'd have one in a heart beat.

I missed one on the bay for 80$ two days ago. I'm still mad about it.

CG Black 3W just for the head.

Thanks for getting that on in the ole noggin TC. lol

CG Black 3W just for the head.

Thanks for getting that on in the ole noggin TC. lol
Haha, I knew this ponder would be made real. Make it happen, jman.

Haha, I knew this ponder would be made real. Make it happen, jman.

My finger is on the trigger.

My concern is the stock shaft WILL NOT work with me.

I guess I can always bust out the lead tape if need be for swingweight.

For the black? That stock shaft scares the crap out of me.

You mean to tell me YOU, of all people, don't have a shaft ready to go into that head?

For the black? That stock shaft scares the crap out of me.

You mean to tell me YOU, of all people, don't have a shaft ready to go into that head?

No, I do. Let me re-word.

I'm concerned about the lightweight head with the shaft I would swap to. Lead tape could remedy that if need be though I know.

Not pondering much right now, but if my new hybrid works as well on the course as it has the past 2 ranges sessions i'm considering getting the 5 hybrid and replacing my 19.5 with a 19* hybrid as well and going full on Wishon and Wilson Staff homer.

I'm pondering player irons... Maybe I'll wait a bit though..

Callaway razr x muscle back, TaylorMade MBs, Bridgestone j40's...

This could take a while.

Pondering a new driver -- no idea what so I thinking about doing a professional fitting and buying whatever scores best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back