Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am once again pondering ATV wedges. I am just struggling with the lofts. I like 50-54-58 but they only have 52-56-60 in LH. I already have a 54 588 wedge. So getting a 52 and 58 would be kinda silly.
It sucks being a lefty golfer sometimes man. The best thing to do is just buy a forged wedge and have them bent. Its what TC and I always do, I hate when the bottom of the club says 56* but its 54* actually, but it just is what it is.

I am pondering biting the bullet and buying a SeeMore. Ahhhh..

It sucks being a lefty golfer sometimes man. The best thing to do is just buy a forged wedge and have them bent. Its what TC and I always do, I hate when the bottom of the club says 56* but its 54* actually, but it just is what it is.

Does anyone know if bending an ATV from 52 to 50 is an option? Same for 60 to 58?

Does anyone know if bending an ATV from 52 to 50 is an option? Same for 60 to 58?
Shouldnt be a problem. At least there is no bounce for the bending to affect.

I should post this in here too.

Sorry Smallville, this post formatting might make you cringe. Im going to come in here and try and explain some thoughts that seems to have been a common thought and believe running around the forum:

The thoughts of bending an ATV wedge to the desired angle is something that people should not be considering. This wedge HAS bounce. EVERY wedge has bounce. But the ATV wedge has a specific sole(bounce and grind) in which is versatile for all golfers. This does not mean there is no bounce, it just means there is a perfect bounce and grind that makes them not have to release different bounce options, because it works for all types of players(high bounce and low bounce; diggers and sweepers).

If you open a 52* ATV by 12*, it will not look or play the exact same as a 64* ATV. You will see that the sole is overly exposed(thus having a lot of bounce). On the flipside, if you bend a 64* closed 12* to make it a 52* wedge, it will NOT look and play like the 52* ATV wedge. I know this is a dramatic example but it is one that everyone should easily understand.

This sole has bounce. It has been ground and created to make the wedge cater to ALL players. When you screw with the angles of the wedge, you screw with the "perfect" sole. Please keep that in mind.

You are using 12 degrees as an example but what about 2 degrees?

Obviously it will have a lot more minimal affects, but will it perform the same way? Will it perform desirably? I cant answer that for you.

And if you go 50, 54, 58..

Do you open a 52 or close a 56 for the 54?

Do you open a 56 or close a 60 for the 58?

Obviously it will have a lot more minimal affects, but will it perform the same way? Will it perform desirably? I cant answer that for you.

And if you go 50, 54, 58..

Do you open a 52 or close a 56 for the 54?

Do you open a 56 or close a 60 for the 58?

Not sure to be honest. Just gathering some info and trying to make an informed decision if I decide to go forward. Any feedback as to which would be better?

To be honest, when a company is boasting the 'perfect' sole, why F with it?

Id just learn to go 52, 56, 60 if I were you. Dont expect more than 4 or 5 or 6 yards of a distance switch. With other wedges bounce angles and loft angles are fine to mess with because they dont have the shape or sole grind that the ATV does.

Ironically the most versatile wedge becomes the least IMHO if you are trying to bend and manipulate the intended design.

Not sure to be honest. Just gathering some info and trying to make an informed decision if I decide to go forward. Any feedback as to which would be better?

Thainer dropping some fantastic knowledge in here!

To be honest, when a company is boasting the 'perfect' sole, why F with it?

Id just learn to go 52, 56, 60 if I were you. Dont expect more than 4 or 5 or 6 yards of a distance switch. With other wedges bounce angles and loft angles are fine to mess with because they dont have the shape or sole grind that the ATV does.

Ironically the most versatile wedge becomes the least IMHO if you are trying to bend and manipulate the intended design.

Thanks for the info Thain. I appreciate it.

That is a beauty Jman. Totally awesome.

Jman, that thing looks downright incredible man. Hope it's a performer for you!

Jman, that driver is sick. I've never seen it before and that looks amazing. Looking forward to how it performs for you.

Very cool Jman.......I have driver love on my mind lately too!

Thanks gentlemen. I've never been this worked up over a first round with a club before. I think the 9 weeks has something to do with that. Hopefully it doesn't end in utter disappointment.

Jman this is going to be the end to your driver woes, I can feel it

Mashie TF3 shipped for $110. Hard to say no...

I'm proud of you. You just got a WEAPON off the tee.

This is the pondering thread dude.....have not done it yet! Ha

All this pondering by some of our 2013 Morgan Cup hopefuls, I often wonder what happens when they have nothing to ponder for 7 months....

All this pondering by some of our 2013 Morgan Cup hopefuls, I often wonder what happens when they have nothing to ponder for 7 months....

you begin to hawkponder

Pondering some grips I just saw on twitter!

It's hard to take a long ponder break, even when you don't buy things.

I'm willing to try. HA!

No pondering sounds blissful. It truly does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back