Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see where you are coming from with that. The last stock offering they had that I really liked was the Aldila VooDoo in the FT Tour. That was my gamer for quite some time and had the head been a little more forgiving, it might still be there. It was honestly a bomber. For some reason I developed a case of the hooks with it and couldn't shake them which led to me selling it.

I haven't had the chance to hit the Razr Fit with anything other than the stock shaft so I'm going out on a limb with my purchase. Also hoping that the B. Asha works well for me as I haven't hit it either. Luckily I don't have too much in either one so it's not a big deal if I'm not in love with the setup after I'm finished.

Based on personal experience, I think you're going to be very pleasantly surprised dude. Great purchases.

I'm a couple of hours away from heading to Golf Town. All I'm hoping for is that there's a SeeMore Si1 for a leftie, plus my wife will look for my Xmas driver. There's a good deal on the Cleveland Launcher SL's, rather than going with the Classic. *Note to self* Let her know that b'cuz she loves it when she saves $. L8R

I'm a couple of hours away from heading to Golf Town. All I'm hoping for is that there's a SeeMore Si1 for a leftie, plus my wife will look for my Xmas driver. There's a good deal on the Cleveland Launcher SL's, rather than going with the Classic. *Note to self* Let her know that b'cuz she loves it when she saves $. L8R

Call and ask!

I assume that's the Blue? 72? Sounds MEAN!

Yeah, I've got 83 in my F5 so I'd go 72 in the TF3.

I'm rethinking my stance on my ball flight and what I perceived to be "too high". I was wrong.

Been casually browsing the interwebs for either a Miyazaki Kusala White 61R or a Miyazaki Kusala Silver 61R. No such luck...yet

Call and ask!

It's ok, Thainer. We're also going to my sister's, an hour past Sudbury (Sagamok to be exact), for a visit. If it's not there, then I will probably order direct from SeeMore. You have a good weekend, buddy.

This may be an unfair assessment, but I truly think the last couple of Callaway drivers were being held back by their shaft offering. I know many who love the RIP offering but I am simply not one of them. That's why the 2013 trinity/black tie offering has me so excited.

Having hit the Razr Fit with non-stock offerings, I was extremely impressed. Even with an Ahina in it, I was blown away by the numbers.

I agree with you on the RIP. Have not hit a driver with one of those well. Ever, I think. Only Fit I've hit well was my instructor's X-flex. Don't think he had the RIP though. I need to find some place to hit it with some aftermarket shafts.

I'm really jonesing for an adjustable head driver as well, so I can tinker with shafts. Don't know which way I'll go, but I'm doing my best to wait until all of next year's offerings are out there. I really like the Classic, so I definitely want to check out next years... So I'm basically all over the place.

I'm pondering a winter project of some sort. Something like Jersey Nate did with that Scotty putter.

I'm pondering a winter project of some sort. Something like Jersey Nate did with that Scotty putter.

I really want to get in to doing some club building during the offseason. Mainly grips and shafts.

I really want to get in to doing some club building during the offseason. Mainly grips and shafts.

It's really easy and you can get a pretty decent start up without dropping too much money. I'd say my whole grip/shaft set up was less than $200 at the most. I'd like to mess around with finishes this year. I started a couple putters, but sort of got lost when it came to that part.

It's really easy and you can get a pretty decent start up without dropping too much money. I'd say my whole grip/shaft set up was less than $200 at the most. I'd like to mess around with finishes this year. I started a couple putters, but sort of got lost when it came to that part.

Yeah I just need to actually get off my butt and do it. I keep saying I want to do it and then just dont do it. I am going to lean on some of you more experienced guys for advice soon on the matter if thats cool.

Absolutely. Honestly, I had no idea where to start, but the Home Repair Shop thread was helpful.

Nate's torched putter did turn out awesome. I'm gonna start keeping an eye out at the used bins...

I'm just not sure I understand when you'd do something like that. I realize you probably have to remove all the chrome first, but is every putter going to take a torching well? Just need to learn up on it.

I'm just not sure I understand when you'd do something like that. I realize you probably have to remove all the chrome first, but is every putter going to take a torching well? Just need to learn up on it.

Gotcha. I'd imagine that you'd have to strip the chrome first. Different types of steel definitely react to that stuff differently. Let me know if you find anything interesting. I'll do the same.

Sweet. Thanks Jon! I have a couple I stripped last year, but that was as far as I went. One is the gold finish Ping Zing, so that's not a likely candiate. The other should work though. It's an old Hogan heel-shaft blade.

Sweet. Thanks Jon! I have a couple I stripped last year, but that was as far as I went. One is the gold finish Ping Zing, so that's not a likely candiate. The other should work though. It's an old Hogan heel-shaft blade.

Its all about the material Hawkster. But yes, typically the chrome has to come off. Now, if its a satin finish to start, it can torch up VERY nicely. Probably my favorite putter finish is the torch job to be honest.

Hmmm. I suppose I'll need to get a torch then.

The Hogan putter is pretty sweet looking. I put a old-school Crossline paddle grip on it and it's a pretty sharp stick. Nothing I'd ever use regularly, but it's fun to have.

Quick search turns up a bunch of threads on various sites Hawk. Mostly they all say the same thing. I found much more info around doing this with wedges. Even found one here, though it's very vague.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?19906-How-to-oil-can-your-wedge

I'll have to keep looking but I think the torch, then wipe down with oil method would be the least messy. Would love to find a way to get that shiny torched finish, like some of the scratch or custom vokey wedges you see out there. I'd imagine that would require a buffing wheel of some sort though. I so need a garage...

Quick search turns up a bunch of threads on various sites Hawk. Mostly they all say the same thing. I found much more info around doing this with wedges. Even found one here, though it's very vague.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?19906-How-to-oil-can-your-wedge

I'll have to keep looking but I think the torch, then wipe down with oil method would be the least messy. Would love to find a way to get that shiny torched finish, like some of the scratch or custom vokey wedges you see out there. I'd imagine that would require a buffing wheel of some sort though. I so need a garage...

You can get a buffed/shiny look also by going through multiple grades of steel wool by hand, thickest to finest. Just takes time and elbow grease.

Oil quenching is not as messy as you think, I've done it many times.

Excellent. I'll check all of that out and start bookmarking, Jon. Thanks for looking. Pretty soon I'm going to need something to keep me busy.

That was a good one. Forgot about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back