Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering 3 Hybrids.

X2Hot 16* went in the mail today for T4K, opening up a slot. Really hoping to find something that is a pure bomber by the start of the season.

Looking to add a hybrid. Probably X2 hot #5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found some Golf Pride red BCT cord grips on the bay that I am going to pick up for my woods if I don't see any signs of Lamkin releasing an all red UTx version in the next few weeks. Need to build the grips up a little and the .580 core UTx would be perfect.

Found some Golf Pride red BCT cord grips on the bay that I am going to pick up for my woods if I don't see any signs of Lamkin releasing an all red UTx version in the next few weeks. Need to build the grips up a little and the .580 core UTx would be perfect.
The red utx cords on srixons are awesome. I'm definitely looking to pick some up too

I was all set to buy a Heavenwood today when I decided to hit the BB 4h. It ended up giving me better numbers and I really like how I can adjust the loft and it fits in right where I've been looking gap wise, so now I'm undecided between the two. Then I'm wondering if I should just go get fit for the top end of my bag, and/or wait to see if the Bridgestone line gets my interest. I don't know if tinkerer's block is a real thing, but I think that's what I have. I think the cure is hitting a lot more stuff and seeing how it shakes out, but I could be wrong.

Still have a serious ponder for a stiff shaft for my Big Bertha. I was hitting hooks galore today at the sim, and it was showing on nearly every shot that I had a drastically closed clubface and a very slight out to in path. This was with a fairly neutral grip and the BB sliding weight all the way to fade. I'm a low-mid 90's swinger but I have an aggressive transition and I'm really wondering if the stiff will do a lot more to help straighten things out.

Still have a serious ponder for a stiff shaft for my Big Bertha. I was hitting hooks galore today at the sim, and it was showing on nearly every shot that I had a drastically closed clubface and a very slight out to in path. This was with a fairly neutral grip and the BB sliding weight all the way to fade. I'm a low-mid 90's swinger but I have an aggressive transition and I'm really wondering if the stiff will do a lot more to help straighten things out.

What loft setting are you playing it on? You might want to try taking a degree of loft off (and also closing the face) before you try switching shafts for what might be a bit cheaper fix. I've got the stock R, and have played the stock shaft as well as the Kuro Kage in S, and while spin gets knocked down a bit, I don't see a ton of difference in shot shape. Then again, that's just my sub-par swing.

What loft setting are you playing it on? You might want to try taking a degree of loft off (and also closing the face) before you try switching shafts for what might be a bit cheaper fix. I've got the stock R, and have played the stock shaft as well as the Kuro Kage in S, and while spin gets knocked down a bit, I don't see a ton of difference in shot shape. Then again, that's just my sub-par swing.

Playing it at 11.5N right now, weight all the way to fade. I was setting up with a slightly open face just to see what happened and the face was still coming in badly closed and was hooking like mad. I should get some more time on the sim soon to mess around with things though.

The red utx cords on srixons are awesome. I'm definitely looking to pick some up too

Yes they are but am seeing absolutely so signs that they will be offered for purchase.

Yes they are but am seeing absolutely so signs that they will be offered for purchase.
Hopefully after the pga show they announce something

Not sure if it's boredom or what but I'm pondering:

New grips, thinking the Lamkin UTx wraps

FW- I need a club to fill the 210-220 gap at the top of the bag. Reading up looks like the Ping G30 & Alpha 815 are at the top.

Not sure if it's boredom or what but I'm pondering:

New grips, thinking the Lamkin UTx wraps

FW- I need a club to fill the 210-220 gap at the top of the bag. Reading up looks like the Ping G30 & Alpha 815 are at the top.
As far as fairways, g30 is legit. The BB 815 I haven't hit yet but very excited for the adjustability. If history repeats itself, 815 will be longer but I am amazed at g30 consistency for me

As far as fairways, g30 is legit. The BB 815 I haven't hit yet but very excited for the adjustability. If history repeats itself, 815 will be longer but I am amazed at g30 consistency for me

I need something I can hit. It's mental I know, but I struggle with FW off the deck & the G30 is getting great reviews for being easy.

I need something I can hit. It's mental I know, but I struggle with FW off the deck & the G30 is getting great reviews for being easy.
I don't hit 3w off the deck. The g30 is changing that. It's that easy to elevate. Stock stiff shaft is such a good pairing too

It's legit.

Callaway V Series is also super easy to hit off the deck. The 3 wood may never leave my bag. Easy to launch off any lie and is very solid.

Callaway V Series is also super easy to hit off the deck. The 3 wood may never leave my bag. Easy to launch off any lie and is very solid.

I forgot about that one. That's another that I need to get more time with.

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

I've hit every fairway out right now and been lucky enough to review most of them and there are a ton of great options, truly something for everyone. That said, for me all around the g30 has trumped all of them, not the longest off the tee, but it's got good distance. Off the deck it elevates really easy and is just really well rounded.

I am pondering a package delivery from Franklin, TN tomorrow.

My 815 driver was supposed to arrive on Friday. It's been on my mind all weekend.

Nike Vapor Speed Driver and some Chrome Softs...

Ever since meeting KC720 I've been pondering a Callaway Staff bag. He looked great and he had plenty of room. Looked great in the cart ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421038224.842363.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back