Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Bay signing with the Mets is the equivalent of someone boarding the Titanic as it was going down. I think they should of traded guys like Reyes, Santana and Beltran and tried to replenish their depleted farm system. Of course you cant do that in a major market. I really dont see Bay doing well in that ballpark. One of the bright things is that he will play around 40 games in ballparks like Philly, Florida, Washington and Atlanta.

CitiField is bigger than Fenway. The talk around baseball last year was that David Wright and co. didn't hit as many homers as they did at Shea because CitiField is much bigger. Personally I bet Wright was on the juice but that's coming from a Phillies fan. :D

Citifield is the new Shea stadium?

Austin Kearns signed a minor league deal with the Indians. Remember how hyped this guy was a few years ago. I believe he was the reason a few big trades did not go down.

Austin Kearns signed a minor league deal with the Indians. Remember how hyped this guy was a few years ago. I believe he was the reason a few big trades did not go down.

Yeah he was a bust for the Nationals thats for sure. I think they hoped he'd come in and live up to that hype.

Yeah he was a bust for the Nationals thats for sure. I think they hoped he'd come in and live up to that hype.

The Reds figured him to be the next Carlos Beltran. He was a bust with the Nats.

I am not too sure about that statement. Remember last year the Mets were destroyed with injuries, they are still in a huge media market and money to improve the team will be there. He will not have to contain with the green monster also. NY is not such a bad option.

Rhino, your points are well taken, but the Mets are sooo thin everywhere that one or two injuries is magnified. In addition, they have the problem of being in the same division as the Phillies and the Braves. The Green Monster is actually the fielder's friend. Since it is so shallow, it makes for a very small leftfield, and can mask Bey's average arm and average speed. Most Boston LFers learn the quirks of the wall quickly.

Chick, as others have posted, Citifield is a canyon in terms of square footage versus Fenway. Furthermore, Bey's power numbers will suffer, and he will have far less protection in that lineup. As the big signing of the year, there will be a lot of pressure on him to produce, and NY fans are not very tolerant.

Adrian Beltre just signed with Boston for 1 yr at $9m with incentives. Pretty cheap replacement at 3B for them. Covers the rest of Bay's production and along with Mike Cameron in LF which also allows them more speed and a better arm

In my opinion, Beltre has one of the best gloves at third in the league. I like how the Sox are really focusing on fielding this offseason. The question now is where does Lowell go?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

ESPN is reporting Randy Johnson is hanging it up.

ESPN is reporting Randy Johnson is hanging it up.

Not only did he sport one of the games all time mullet but he was a heck of a pitcher too. There is no way he doesnt make it into the "Hall" first ballot.

Definitely TGM. 5 Cys. A great nickname and a spectacular mullet.

And the bird. Don't forget the bird pitch.

[YOUTUBEHD]oeSm6ya4ww8[/YOUTUBEHD]

The Mariners are about to acquire Casey Kotchman and send Bill Hall to the Red Sox. I wonder what this means for Russel Branyan.

MLB.Com is reporting that Matt Holliday has reached an agreement with the Cardinals for 17 mil per. They are not saying how long yet.

They might have overpaid a little. As a Cardinal fan you don't mind too much. We have been needing another big bat for a while. Holliday is really the perfect fit for what we need going forward.

They might have overpaid a little. As a Cardinal fan you don't mind too much. We have been needing another big bat for a while. Holliday is really the perfect fit for what we need going forward.

I like the signing, I just wonder what Albert is going to ask for now.

It was almost a must sign. I really like the Cards line-up. If they stay reasonably healthy, they have an excellent chance to be in the Series.

So Andre Dawson finally makes it into the hall. Blyleven and Alomar just barely missed it, they should get it next year. I thought Alomar would make it in first time and Larkin would of been borderline.

Adrian Beltre just signed with Boston for 1 yr at $9m with incentives. Pretty cheap replacement at 3B for them. Covers the rest of Bay's production and along with Mike Cameron in LF which also allows them more speed and a better arm

I thought Cameron was going to center field because Jacoby Ellsbury was moved to LF :confused2:

1 year..!!! Is that all?!?! So the BoSox will be going through this again next year...why do they only get people for 1 year? :confused2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back