Official Rant of the Day

why is it that when I buy a package of socks I have to perform surgery to remove all the little plastic hooks
...and end up ripping material

Smoke alarm battery dead went off in the middle of the night.
Of course it did on travel day, so I am freaking exhausted.

It's the worst. And you never have a spare in hand to be found easily. And the detector is usually in a crappy spot to get to etc...

People who are strangely passive aggressive but in a position of authority are always confusing. I think there's a level with all of us that what we say at work isn't perfect but some people I wonder if how they type or how they say things in meetings is really how they talk outside of work. I've said this before but I just had a 6am meeting with one of them and it always baffles me.

I am freaking exhausted still.

Went to Lubbock this weekend to visit my little brother in law school - Way too much fun and WAY too little sleep.

It is 100% my fault, but today is going to suck

I can't stand untrustworthy people. Infuriating.

I am freaking exhausted still.

Went to Lubbock this weekend to visit my little brother in law school - Way too much fun and WAY too little sleep.

It is 100% my fault, but today is going to suck
Blame it on daylight savings, that way you get the free pass like everyone else. =)

Well I will say that DST is definitely part of it
"Its 3 am, we should hit the sack."
"Yeah, but its really only 2am, so we should get another drink!"

Well I will say that DST is definitely part of it
I stayed up entirely too late last night, and completely blamed DST. I just wasnt tired.

Why do they always have to go dead at 2 o'clock in the morning? Just what I want to do when I'm half asleep, go track down a 9V battery and climb a freaking ladder, then try to get back to sleep.

Why do they always have to go dead at 2 o'clock in the morning? Just what I want to do when I'm half asleep, go track down a 9V battery and climb a freaking ladder, then try to get back to sleep.
Even worse is when some models when hardwired together and ALL beep. And your Chee...Frugal Customer only wants you to replace the one with dead Batt. :banghead:

I bought a used Paradym TD driver with upgraded Ventus Velocore shaft last week. I took it in to the PGA Superstore to have it shortened to play 44.75”, a simple request. I brought in another shaft with a Callaway adapter just to make sure they got the length exactly right. I arrived last night in Phoenix for a boys golf trip and when I went to install my “new” Ventus shaft, it felt light installed in the head. I measured it against an extra shaft that thank God I brought with me and it is over 1/2” shorter, playing about 44” installed. First world problem but I a bit miffed that they chopped off a full inch off my driver when it should have been about 1/4”. 95% of the time I do these type of adjustments myself but I don’t have my golf workstation at our FL condo.

It’s been a rough day. I’m under the weather and today would have been my father’s 70th birthday. I should have just stayed in bed!

The person second in command of the enterprise I work in said he wanted to do things one way, I then had to call the person above him (VP) and laid out the strategy. VP didn't like it, said to tell #2 to do something else, I ask what - answer is "I have a hard time agreeing with...", I understand that but if you don't want to do that course of action what do you want to do? I don't make operational decisions so I need to tell 2 what 1 wants since 1 does not want what 2 wants.

Further news, why can't 1 and 2 talk and agree then I'll walk them through the legal processes?

This is like one of those baseball things where who's one first and why's at short stop or some such.

The person second in command of the enterprise I work in said he wanted to do things one way, I then had to call the person above him (VP) and laid out the strategy. VP didn't like it, said to tell #2 to do something else, I ask what - answer is "I have a hard time agreeing with...", I understand that but if you don't want to do that course of action what do you want to do? I don't make operational decisions so I need to tell 2 what 1 wants since 1 does not want what 2 wants.

Further news, why can't 1 and 2 talk and agree then I'll walk them through the legal processes?

This is like one of those baseball things where who's one first and why's at short stop or some such.
Being the middle guy between two people is the worst.

Being the middle guy between two people is the worst.
I've been giving this phrasing to people recently, since it was given to me in one of my leadership seminars. Often times being the middleman is like the garden hose, you're not the end where the water comes in nor are you where it comes out - all you do is try to guide between them so when you two don't agree all I am doing it moving your words back and forth.

I've been giving this phrasing to people recently, since it was given to me in one of my leadership seminars. Often times being the middleman is like the garden hose, you're not the end where the water comes in nor are you where it comes out - all you do is try to guide between them so when you two don't agree all I am doing it moving your words back and forth.
That's a really good analogy.

Tapatalk is a scourge. I hope they go out of business. Even though I have notifications out I am getting emailed every time someone quotes me through Tapatalk.

Tapatalk is a scourge. I hope they go out of business. Even though I have notifications out I am getting emailed every time someone quotes me through Tapatalk.
I'm so glad I never hopped on that train.

I bought a used Paradym TD driver with upgraded Ventus Velocore shaft last week. I took it in to the PGA Superstore to have it shortened to play 44.75”, a simple request. I brought in another shaft with a Callaway adapter just to make sure they got the length exactly right. I arrived last night in Phoenix for a boys golf trip and when I went to install my “new” Ventus shaft, it felt light installed in the head. I measured it against an extra shaft that thank God I brought with me and it is over 1/2” shorter, playing about 44” installed. First world problem but I a bit miffed that they chopped off a full inch off my driver when it should have been about 1/4”. 95% of the time I do these type of adjustments myself but I don’t have my golf workstation at our FL condo.
Damnit!!!

Back