Official Rant of the Day

I bought a used Paradym TD driver with upgraded Ventus Velocore shaft last week. I took it in to the PGA Superstore to have it shortened to play 44.75”, a simple request. I brought in another shaft with a Callaway adapter just to make sure they got the length exactly right. I arrived last night in Phoenix for a boys golf trip and when I went to install my “new” Ventus shaft, it felt light installed in the head. I measured it against an extra shaft that thank God I brought with me and it is over 1/2” shorter, playing about 44” installed. First world problem but I a bit miffed that they chopped off a full inch off my driver when it should have been about 1/4”. 95% of the time I do these type of adjustments myself but I don’t have my golf workstation at our FL condo.
You would think that a PGASS would employ competent club builders. I would bring it back and raise hell

Tapatalk is a scourge. I hope they go out of business. Even though I have notifications out I am getting emailed every time someone quotes me through Tapatalk.
Delete it, marooch!

1000013406.jpg

JBCIV is sick now too. 👎

Well, it's finalized. That heater we got turned off on 2/6 - it gets replaced tomorrow, along with a new heat pump, water heater, whole home humidifier and smart thermostat. 97.8% efficiency, up from our 88% one now.

For the low low price of way to much money, gotta love having a new to me house.

Well, it's finalized. That heater we got turned off on 2/6 - it gets replaced tomorrow, along with a new heat pump, water heater, whole home humidifier and smart thermostat. 97.8% efficiency, up from our 88% one now.

For the low low price of way to much money, gotta love having a new to me house.
IMG_2392.jpeg

Repairs are live!

I had a reasonable round going and the heavens opened up on 14.

My waterproof trousers have gone missing, but frustratingly I can't remember the last time I had them or where it was - only bought them last August and worn them once or twice so will be annoyed if I have lost them somewhere else

Waited 2 weeks for new microwave from big box store. Installer came today. Worked 1.5 hours trying to take out with my help and my tools. I put moving blanket on top of cooktop to protect it. He accidentally turned cooktop on (My bad - should’ve turned power off to entire house). Blanket caught fire. Small problem, took outside and hosed down. Cooktop a mess. I sez “Let’s look at installation for old microwave.” Found it, old microwave out in a minute. New microwave installed in 10 minutes. Purdy microwave. Not the one we ordered. He called the big box store. Waiting on return call. Left a big mess. Horns on Mrs. Tluke came out. Annnnd, that’s why I drink beer at noon. 🤬🤬🤬🤬
Sad microwave saga continues today. New installed microwave DOA. Waiting again……….. I have lost faith in American appliances.

Got kicked out of my kid's school the other day........... for standing outside the playground.........

Troll of a teacher must have been mad she was on playground supervision duty for drop off. I always drop off my kid and hang out (she wants me to) until the bell rings and they go inside. I was outside of the fenced playground area by 10-15' standing in an area where I stand with other parents like I've done for the past 6 years (2 kids). This teacher comes up and asks if she could help me and I answered "I don't think so". She then proceeded to tell me I needed clearance to be on school property and I needed to leave. How would others parents feel about me standing there with kids going into school? Well I told her unless policy has changed I had been doing this for years but I would abide by her direction and leave and contact the principal to see if things had changed. Needless to say the other staff and principal were astounded this teacher confronted me (and also other parents after I left) and they would handle the situation.

This teacher got me pretty worked up but also happy I won't have to deal with her. My mom worked in the same building as this lady before she retired and said she tends to be a bit on the rough side when dealing with people and trying to be the authority in any situation.

Had a nice talk with the principal and she assured me the teacher wouldn't be a problem again. I kinda hope to see her again where if she comes over she needs to apologize, especially to some of the other parents who apparently got the same interaction I did after I left.

FedEx delays. It seems as if everything delays FedEx. Could be the weather in Scottland and FedEx in the US is delayed. Could be gas prices or war. Heck even the presidential election delays them. They must have been at the Capital on Jan 6. :ROFLMAO:

Got kicked out of my kid's school the other day........... for standing outside the playground.........

Troll of a teacher must have been mad she was on playground supervision duty for drop off. I always drop off my kid and hang out (she wants me to) until the bell rings and they go inside. I was outside of the fenced playground area by 10-15' standing in an area where I stand with other parents like I've done for the past 6 years (2 kids). This teacher comes up and asks if she could help me and I answered "I don't think so". She then proceeded to tell me I needed clearance to be on school property and I needed to leave. How would others parents feel about me standing there with kids going into school? Well I told her unless policy has changed I had been doing this for years but I would abide by her direction and leave and contact the principal to see if things had changed. Needless to say the other staff and principal were astounded this teacher confronted me (and also other parents after I left) and they would handle the situation.

This teacher got me pretty worked up but also happy I won't have to deal with her. My mom worked in the same building as this lady before she retired and said she tends to be a bit on the rough side when dealing with people and trying to be the authority in any situation.

Had a nice talk with the principal and she assured me the teacher wouldn't be a problem again. I kinda hope to see her again where if she comes over she needs to apologize, especially to some of the other parents who apparently got the same interaction I did after I left.

Did you happen to mention that you were observing your kid playing?

I hope you get an apology from her.

Did you happen to mention that you were observing your kid playing?

I hope you get an apology from her.
Yes I did. I explained I dropped my daughter off and was waiting until the bell rang. Apparently she's one always with an attitude. Follow up to the situation, she also had issues with 2 other mothers that came after me (part of the group I stand around with). I have been assured by the principal that her behavior was not along with school policy and her situation has been handled. I don't expect to receive an apology from the teacher, I guarantee she felt she was in the right. My mom (worked at the school as the payroll person) and my sister (middle school band director) knew exactly who this woman was and she seems to enjoy causing problems with people.

Daughter has a meltdown at the 1hr 45 minute mark of a 2 hour spring concert.

FFS, can we not group adults in a show that has little kids. 20 minutes all in and all the kids could have sang, and we would be done. Instead I sit through 1.5 hrs of adults before the kids get to sing, and by sing I mean stand on stage and keep our hands in our mouth.

Spilled coffee all over my desk. Keyboard and mouse and done for. Office smells like old coffee now. I wanna call it a day already

Brutal...
My course has gone up from 350 to 388 since I started playing golf. Never year, I have to put in some thought whether I want the same course with a longer drive or try out a different one or do an entirely different city. 2025 is the year I might mix it up and do something else, who knows.

Almost hit a child in the head on my backswing at the range today because dad thought it would be cool to walk up behind swinging golfers to try and sell stuff while also not paying attention to the child. Where’s the common sense…

6days ago it was 71....

What a dumb place to live
IMG_9806.jpeg

Back